**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Captain marvel movie champ

So i got a question, why would you release a brand new captain marvel when she has an almost exact same looking skin already in the game that could be buffed for the movie?

Comments

• DidzeeDidzee Posts: 35
    They will probably make her with green suit and without that hat
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    There arent releasing....that image you see leaked is an image from the arcade game that is at dave and busters lol
  • Greifmaster911Greifmaster911 Posts: 316 ★★
    Its in a video now, released on the marvel contest of champions youtube page, its a new champ, with a persistance charge and animated specials
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    There arent releasing....that image you see leaked is an image from the arcade game that is at dave and busters lol

Check your facts.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    Vdh2008 wrote: »

Check your facts.

Where are your facts?

new arcade game-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVTBhMb0vag
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    I'm curious why they would intro a new version of this champ, when there are already two now, as well as Kamala Khan. How many versions of a champ do we need? Seems like a refresh to the CM who is the focus on the current quest would have made more sense.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    I'm curious why they would intro a new version of this champ, when there are already two now, as well as Kamala Khan. How many versions of a champ do we need? Seems like a refresh to the CM who is the focus on the current quest would have made more sense.

Because $$$....

They brought in IMIW and already had IM, SIM, and IP. All variations of iron man more or less. None of them got buffed
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    So instead of buffing the current marvels, Kabam went through the trouble of making a new champ. I bet the new marvel is going to have good synergies that make the old ones viable
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Its in a video now, released on the marvel contest of champions youtube page, its a new champ, with a persistance charge and animated specials

The video is for the MCOC arcade game at Dave and busters lol it even says so in the title of the video

• ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    Well there is and has been quite a few different people as captain marvel in the comics. All at the same time even so I kinda plays into that I think.
  • Nabz034Nabz034 Posts: 209 ★★
    So i got a question, why would you release a brand new captain marvel when she has an almost exact same looking skin already in the game that could be buffed for the movie?

Said the exact same thing...unreal. There are champs that have literally 5-sentences total that represents all of there abilities, still untouched from 2015 like Gamora, CM, Daredevil...not to mention, if you're lucky, you'll get a 6* champ that's truly completely useless in regards to in-game progression.

And in about a month rather than buffing the current CM, you can spend hundreds to thousands to try to get the new one. lol
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Vdh2008 wrote: »

Check your facts.

Dont need too altho here is a burn cream from @Demonzfyre comment who backed my claim up and that burn needs a look at lmao
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    I see a few people saying it’s just for the arcade game. I believe there’s an image floating around that shows her class and that she has persistent charges. If the image is credible she is almost definitely coming to the game. From the gameplay of the arcade machine I’ve seen, it doesn’t seem like persistent charges are particularly meaningful due to it being single independent fights. From what I’ve seen, could be wrong
  • RunamokUSARunamokUSA Posts: 369 ★★★
    Elbows appeared more pointy
    y4b13cv0gr6d.jpeg

Lol really any difference besides the hair? Literally just a cash grab

@RandomizerRuns_4 I dont think that version will be in the game man. Its from that arcade game at Dave and Busters.
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    y4b13cv0gr6d.jpeg

Lol really any difference besides the hair? Literally just a cash grab

@RandomizerRuns_4 I dont think that version will be in the game man. Its from that arcade game at Dave and Busters.

I sincerely hope you are right... but I have reason to believe you are not. Both of these Capt Marvel’s are in the Arcade game, so why not in-game? Either way... I hope they at least take the time to at least Synergy Buff the old one... if not rework her entirely.

I'm with you man. I dont want to see any more of them either. Rather see new champs like the rest of the FF4.
  • I_ZERO_II_ZERO_I Posts: 104
    edited February 2019
    Fantastic Four 4? Final Fantasy 4... would like that as well.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    while people claim it to be cash grab, I tend to dressage with that. they're always releasing 2 new champs every month, so if we see 2 new champs, it's not bigger grab then it is usually. what bothers me is captain marvel herself. looks like it's more about marvel pushing their sjw hero. from what I see on youtube and other places, people don't like her as a character. yet she's getting a solo movie instead of all other female characters who are already in mcu, like black widow, valkyrie, ironman's fiance or even Jane Foster
    also it would make sense if she had some active buffs so rogue could easily counter her, to bring some comics background in game. some sinergy will be okay as well, but I'd prefer to see buffs
  • Greifmaster911Greifmaster911 Posts: 316 ★★
    How bout not do that, i want a nice answer from kabam, not a shut down thread
  • I have been waiting for Ironman buff for so long. And then came IMIW, then nobody demand Ironman buff anymore, problem solved for Kabam. So do Captain Marvel.
    How bout not do that, i want a nice answer from kabam, not a shut down thread
    Sorry if it does but I don’t see why that meme would be so offensive; it’s just some observational comedy on why modern society deems something acceptable. It’s not meant to offend anybody but instead make them think of things from a different perspective.

@My_Superior it doesnt have anything to do with this thread.