**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Broken RNG system

Hi Kabam can you please look at the RNG system and make some serious changes?

I needed 4 cosmic t4cc to rank up corvus and i have 55 t4cc crystals. I opened 28 of them and only got 2 cosmic t4cc. The system is broken and it needs a fix

Comments

• AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    No that is exactly how RNG works. It's not broken. It's unfair sometimes, but not broken.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    R in RNG means Random
    You will not always get what you need.
  • Drillh3adDrillh3ad Posts: 36
    edited February 2019
    Agreed....R = Random, but when you open 3 straight tech 5* AGs. 20 of the 25 5* sig stones are skill and you seem to get the same pool 5* champs over and over...how R is it really?
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I like it, I needed 4 science t4cc to 5/65 cap IW.
    Opened 6 crystals and got 4 science.
    Over the moon I was
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    JRock808 wrote: »

It's completely imbalanced when 2 people can put in the same effort, time, and possibly units/money yet end up with drastically different rewards.

welp you've just inadvertently described how women and minorities feel in the workplace as it relates to pay, promotions, pretty much everything. progressive!

Pretty much. Kabam seems to be mentally stuck in the pre-civil rights era.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    It’s based on luck kiddo. That what RNG is.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    It’s based on luck kiddo. That what RNG is.

Actually RNG is a method to distribute outcomes evenly over time.

"Luck", which doesn't actually exist, is perceived to come from other factors, such as overcoming unfavorable odds. If the odds are even across the board, true RNG would just be a matter of time and/or chances until things even out.

Some people just require way more time and/or chances than others it seems.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Drillh3ad wrote: »
    Agreed....R = Random, but when you open 3 straight tech 5* AGs. 20 of the 25 5* sig stones are skill and you seem to get the same pool 5* champs over and over...how R is it really?

Thats still exactly how RNG works. Flip a coin 20 times in 3 separate groupings. The results won t be the same. This is exactly what RNG is doing. You can flip it 10 times in a row and get heads when you are trying for tails.
  • ian5555ian5555 Posts: 19

It's completely imbalanced when 2 people can put in the same effort, time, and possibly units/money yet end up with drastically different rewards.

welp you've just inadvertently described how women and minorities feel in the workplace as it relates to pay, promotions, pretty much everything. progressive!

LOL that has all been debunked many times in many studies when all things are equal.

As to the RNG I seem to always get Tech which is typically the one thing I don't need but it seems to always work out. Keep popping those crystals and you'll get what you want.

I got all 4*s from 3 Romantic Legendary Crystal. A little salty about it but oh well and hopefully I'll have better luck with Blade as I have 90,000 5* shards saved for that!
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,280 ★★★★★
    ian5555 wrote: »

LOL that has all been debunked many times in many studies when all things are equal.

Zuh? Are you having a laugh?

• DannyJayyDannyJayy Posts: 32
    DjinAF said:

R in RNG means Random

You will not always get what you need.

It’s not random in games like MCOC. It’s what’s called pseudo-random. An authentic RNG application would require fairly expensive hardware the sort that gaming companies aren’t likely to procure because coding for pseudo-random number generators is much easier and less expensive. The potential problem here has to do with their seed. The pseudo random number generator algorithm uses the same seed every time and so the results, by definition, can’t possibly be random. It’s more complicated than this but this is essentially the deal