**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AW Multiplier Mismatch Drama (Continued)

Husky54Husky54 Posts: 244 ★★
edited February 2019 in General Discussion
In previous posts that have seen a fair amount of attention on here, I've tried to draw attention to the fact that it appears that there is an issue with the assignation of tier based points multipliers in Alliance Wars. On several different occasions, my alliance has been assigned a LOWER point multiplier that does not match the tier we are in or the difficulty of the map we play.

To put it more bluntly with numbers: We are a tier 3 AW alliance that has received a x4.5 multiplier on several occasions despite playing on map difficulties Expert and above.

Kabam has told our officers that in the event that two alliances in non-matching tiers are matched for a war, the multiplier is randomly chosen and both alliances have the SAME multiplier. This multiplier is chosen regardless of map difficulty.

Well, it would appear that we have some hard data that directly undermines Kabam's explanation of the situation. In the screen grabs below, you'll see the war room for our current war—both from our perspective ([Ni!!]) and from the perspective of our opponent ([1GoD!]). You'll notice that our tiers are identical; BUT, you'll also notice that our multipliers are DIFFERENT.

y3kf7bkuurj3.jpg

qpaucggfrjsd.jpg

While it is the off season, the user base has no way to identify if this has been going on throughout the past several seasons of AW.

AW is clearly still broken. When this multiplier issue is paired with the fact that we have demonstrable AW system manipulation by top tier alliances (now using shell alliances to wreck everyone as they climb the ladder), we simply cannot rely on pretty much any aspect of AW at this point in the of the contest.

It is incumbent upon Kabam to provide transparent answers to these very troubling questions—especially in light of the questionable practices that have been pursued in AWcompetition thus far.
Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 572 ★★
    Thats interesting. I've always wondered do alliances sometimes have different multipliers when facing each other.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    If you're playing in tier 3 then you should always have the x5.5 multiplier. Definitely seems like something is wrong.
  • Husky54Husky54 Posts: 244 ★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    If you're playing in tier 3 then you should always have the x5.5 multiplier. Definitely seems like something is wrong.

And who's to say that alliances haven't been getting shafted on multipliers the whole time? How do we know the system is legitimate at all?
  • Not really know, we are the trial Kabam isnt hence why he will drop a few tiers now
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Husky54 wrote: »
    Shrimkins wrote: »

And who's to say that alliances haven't been getting shafted on multipliers the whole time? How do we know the system is legitimate at all?

Not sure. I do realize that there are sometimes cross tier matches (we are in one now) but every time we are in tier 3 we always get the x5.5 and if we are in tier 4 it's always 4.5. I've never seen anything different in my ally.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Yeah it's always worked like that as far as I can remember regardless of what they said. Your multiplier is always based off whatever tier you're actually in. The only thing that changes occasionally with cross tier matches is someone either gets a harder or easier map for the same points
  • Husky54Husky54 Posts: 244 ★★
    Yeah it's always worked like that as far as I can remember regardless of what they said. Your multiplier is always based off whatever tier you're actually in. The only thing that changes occasionally with cross tier matches is someone either gets a harder or easier map for the same points

Except our multiplier has on many occasions been the incorrect, LOWER multiplier that does not match our tier.