**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW matchmaking

Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
I am confused with the matchmaking, how this thing works , what are the parameters to find the best match , I am sure there are so many things that a system consider before finding any suitable match , but I see three things , what tier we are in and what ratings we got , third is the hero rating of my alliance, this thing hurt us most if we miss matched with an alliance with higher hero rating. For example in below image as you can see we are over 4 million alliance and we got matched with an close to 7 million alliance in AW. Now I just wanted to know is there any chance that we can beat the opponent without using revive and heal potions. Reality is we can't , most of the players got rank 5 champs or rank 4 in 5* in opponent team and we are not pro players, sometimes I feel this is unfair but I don't know how the system works so can't blame to anyone.
uza5jzdfezlt.png
ux9cm4vlkm7e.png

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    War rating lol
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    War rating lol

Surprisingly we were in tier 5 but lost last war and lost our AW rating too, either we accept the fact that we can't survive past tier 5 , and we have to find our ground , so far from tier 7 to 5 we have done good , but this match we were not expecting this high rating alliance, not sure how to find a work around or it's just like that and we have to face it.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    its like that and you have to face it. matchups are purely war rating.
  • Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    we are a 8 mil alliance fighting a 12 mil alliance currently and we are whooping them so you can still win
    we are a 8 mil alliance fighting a 12 mil alliance currently and we are whooping them so you can still win

Yeah I agree, there is a chance , u got 8 million rating that means u have champs rank 5 , in my alliance, few of us has rank 5 champs , we are still placing rank 3 champs in defense, but my team has been really great so far, but using revive and potions, we all don't want to use much, but recently it's required if u wanna beat someone.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    There will be a point where every other war you win and the rest you lose

I just wish , if we lose we lose with dignity, but with these high rating alliance, we just lose without giving them any tuff fight, and team also feel pressure to perform, they just not lose a war they also lose confidence, we can't win every war that's understandable, the only thing I was looking for a decent match. If the war matchmaking purely depends on the war rating , which I am very doubtful on this , can anyone has any idea?

• AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Xthea9 wrote: »

I just wish , if we lose we lose with dignity, but with these high rating alliance, we just lose without giving them any tuff fight, and team also feel pressure to perform, they just not lose a war they also lose confidence, we can't win every war that's understandable, the only thing I was looking for a decent match. If the war matchmaking purely depends on the war rating , which I am very doubtful on this , can anyone has any idea?

Sounds like you are new to war or something. It's a tier system like aq where there can only be 1 alliance on top and all the other alliances are trying to move up so you will run into a wall of hard matches that will move you down and get even matches
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★

It's completely based on war rating. There have been very few cases where matches have involved alliances with vastly different war rating. You can search the forum for a few of those if you want. Honestly that is why war should be secondary to an alliance sitting outside of expert tier for AQ. AQ gives you the resources needed to compete effectively in war.
    Thawnim wrote: »

It's completely based on war rating. There have been very few cases where matches have involved alliances with vastly different war rating. You can search the forum for a few of those if you want. Honestly that is why war should be secondary to an alliance sitting outside of expert tier for AQ. AQ gives you the resources needed to compete effectively in war.

Good point, thanks

Here what Kabam support says :

The AW matchmaking system depends on a wide variety of variables, the first being accessibility. Matchmaking can occur at different times and sadly there is no way for us to know when the Alliances closest to you are available. The game attempts to make the closest match, if there is no close match found the game widens the search field until a match is found, which could sometimes include Alliances that have a much higher PI. The game does this to ensure that Alliances aren't waiting for an extended period of time before a match is found.
  • TryakshaTryaksha Posts: 202
    Today we got kicked around by an alliance similar to us in war rating as well as alliance rating. Not that we dont play well. the only difference was they had a lot of the current new champs on defense (mordos, hyperions, NC etc) which most of us do not even have . most of us started playing when the game was launched and somehow we do not get the newer champs as often as people who joined later get. I can say this with conviction because i play two accounts and my other account in a short while had drawn rouge, voodoo and archangel which i dont have on my first 200k account.
    I feel to some extent the discrepancy in obtaining champs in the older tier and the newer players plays a small role as well
    Lol, same and I am a spender , dumped almost 6k till now in this game , the most disappointing was nerfed SW and Dr. strange cause I bought all the offers to rank them 5 , and then I have to de rank strange. I didn't get any new champs, I still buy offers to get new champs, like voodoo or hood I got , but not everyone spend , this seams fishy sometimes.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Lol, same and I am a spender , dumped almost 6k till now in this game , the most disappointing was nerfed SW and Dr. strange cause I bought all the offers to rank them 5 , and then I have to de rank strange. I didn't get any new champs, I still buy offers to get new champs, like voodoo or hood I got , but not everyone spend , this seams fishy sometimes.

Here we see a whale in his natural habitat
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    Appleisgod wrote: »

That's low man. Making fun of people who spend to keep this game free for the rest of us. You should be thanking him.
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★

The AW matchmaking system depends on a wide variety of variables, the first being accessibility. Matchmaking can occur at different times and sadly there is no way for us to know when the Alliances closest to you are available. The game attempts to make the closest match, if there is no close match found the game widens the search field until a match is found, which could sometimes include Alliances that have a much higher PI. The game does this to ensure that Alliances aren't waiting for an extended period of time before a match is found.

I think that basically means they use war rating. My guess is that if the match process takes too long the limits for alliance rating get removed. The question then is how long does a search have to last before that happens? Because I know we have been matched with death matches where the opponent was found almost instantly.
    Appleisgod wrote: »

I apologize if my comment made u uncomfortable and hurt ur feelings, that wasn't my intent, just sharing with the group that yes it's true that I didn't get the new champs but , people who has fairly new accounts has new champs.

I think that basically means they use war rating. My guess is that if the match process takes too long the limits for alliance rating get removed. The question then is how long does a search have to last before that happens? Because I know we have been matched with death matches where the opponent was found almost instantly.

Good point I will now pay attention to the time as well.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    edited July 2017
    its typical match making from what I understand. Same as call of duty or halo matchmaking. War rating is the primary factor. but you cant match against someone if they arent searching as well. When you search, they look for a similar war rating. As time goes by, the standards of war rating drop. The way I understand it, if you search for war at weird times, there are less people searching, the odds increase of getting an unfair matchup for one party. if you search within an hour of when war opens, as a lot of alliances search, you're more likely to get a similar war rating, but remember PI has no holding on war rating, so that may be off. This allows alliances to build up an alliance, then ditch it and start a new alliance in tier 10 because the war rating doesnt consider PI