**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

HUGE Spider-Gwen issue

Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
So, I was just watching Seatin's beta breakdown of Spider-Gwen when I noticed a possible HUGE issue.

So, according to the beta, this is the description of Spider-Gwen's Spider-Sense ability:

l9gls49kd8yi.jpg

The last bit is annoying, as it means that as an evade champion she can counter the counter-evade champions. That maybe makes her a bit OP as that means she basically has an unavoidable evade. The only two champions that can counter that, on top of my head, are Venom (because his ability relies on his Genetic Mutation buff, not his True Strike when below 18% health) and Proxima Midnight (as she has a True Accuracy, not a True Strike buff like her lover Corvus).

But that's not the biggest issue. The biggest issue is that it is regardless of the opponent's class. Corvus can't cheat her evade? Fine, but Skill champions like Killmonger should. That's the freakin' point of Skill champions having those True Strike buffs: to counter the evade-heavy Science class. But here we have a science champion who can 'cheat' the class system. It is gamebreaking.

But wait, this isn't the first science champion who does that. Isn't Luke Cage bleed immune? Doesn't Abomination poison when bled? What's the difference with Spider-Gwen? Well: the former two 'cheat' the class system because that makes sense comics-wise. Spider-Gwen's 'cheat' is purely mechanical and if there is a mechanical issue with it, it should be fixed.

I hope Kabam can change this before the reworks go live in March.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    I ... think you are getting it wrong.

"True strike buff"
    Meaning, killmonger will still work on her. As well as other champions with a true strike ability that is not a buff, and champion's that avoid the opponent from evading in the first place (ability accuracy reduction, IW IM repulsor attacks, etc)
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★

"True strike buff"
    Meaning, killmonger will still work on her. As well as other champions with a true strike ability that is not a buff, and champion's that avoid the opponent from evading in the first place (ability accuracy reduction, IW IM repulsor attacks, etc)

Read the spider send I’m also getting is as she struke them not if ther struke her.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

"True strike buff"

I just checked. You're right for Killmonger, that True Strike is a passive (although it doesn't say in the description). But Karnak's SP1 True Strike, that's a buff. Yeah, Kabam just killed the one thing Karnak was good at.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Venom's True Strike is a passive as well, but he can ignore passive evade attacks anyway so it doesn't really matter. Only Corvus, Karnak and Heimdall will get nullified. Kabam could turn Karnak's True Strike into a passive as well, but the most elegant solution is still to exempt skill champions. You never know if the next skill champion gets a buff or a passive. I would say Kabam needs to get the wording correct when it is a buff or passive.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    The other thing to remember is that SpiderGwen's Evade is dependent on her using her SP1. If you push her to SP2 or power control her then she has no chance to ever proc her evade passive.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    All the god tier evade counters still work. This specific ability only hurts heimdall, Karnak, and........ basically no one else
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    Mitchell35 wrote: »
    All the god tier evade counters still work. This specific ability only hurts heimdall, Karnak, and........ basically no one else

So are we not considering Corvus to be good tier now?
  • Drstu3000Drstu3000 Posts: 31
    Won't someone please think of poor corvus!
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    So, I was just watching Seatin's beta breakdown of Spider-Gwen when I noticed a possible HUGE issue.

So, according to the beta, this is the description of Spider-Gwen's Spider-Sense ability:

l9gls49kd8yi.jpg

The last bit is annoying, as it means that as an evade champion she can counter the counter-evade champions. That maybe makes her a bit OP as that means she basically has an unavoidable evade. The only two champions that can counter that, on top of my head, are Venom (because his ability relies on his Genetic Mutation buff, not his True Strike when below 18% health) and Proxima Midnight (as she has a True Accuracy, not a True Strike buff like her lover Corvus).

Kabam worded that strangely. It should have said she gets a 27% chance to evade per charge.
    55 * .5 = 27.5%

So, it is fine...well, except for the wording, Kabam does need to fix that.

• AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Yes, this issue is so HUGE that it affects like... 2 whole champs, one of whom no one even uses.