**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mister Sinister Description

Just for clarification, the l1 for sinister states he transfers all damaging debuffs to opponent. It does not differentiate between active and passive. Therefore, why can he not transfer void’s debuffs or dorm degeneration?

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    It doesn't need to differentiate. If it states "debuffs", then is just debuffs and not passive abilities (debuffs are already active abilities, and they can't be passive at the same time).

Void debuffs = Not damage over time debuffs (apart from the degen on his special 2).
    Dormammu's degeneration = Passive ability. Not a debuff
  • Options
    Deebo4300Deebo4300 Posts: 91
    Thank you for the distinction between debuff and “passive ability”. However, why then can Kingpin and King Groot both shrug off void’s “passive abilities” when their description clearly states “gains a debuff 50% chance to convert”
  • Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Deebo4300 wrote: »
    Thank you for the distinction between debuff and “passive ability”. However, why then can Kingpin and King Groot both shrug off void’s “passive abilities” when their description clearly states “gains a debuff 50% chance to convert”

I'd have to read the descriptions to make certain I'm right, but I believe King Groot's and Kingpin's abilities refer to all debuffs and not just damage over time debuffs. Sinister's ability (again, I would have to reread his description to make certain I'm not making a mistake) specifically refers to damage over time debuffs.

EDIT: Void's debuffs are not passive. They simply aren't the actual cause of the damage over time.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Void's debuffs aren't passive abilities. They really are debuffs, so they interact with both of those champion abilities.

What causes damage aren't the debuffs, but the actual champion. So they are not considered "damage over time debuffs" (again, apart from the degeneration Void applis on his special 2, which is in fact a damage over time debuff).

Sinister special 1 only works with damage over time debuffs. Not all debuffs, just the ones that naturally cause damage by themselves. Debuffs like poison, bleed, some degenerations out there, etc.
    Void debuffs don't cause damage by themselves. Is void who applies the damage whenever the enemy is under a debuff
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    ya void doesn't apply any damage over time debuffs except with his SP2
  • Options
    Deebo4300Deebo4300 Posts: 91
    Appreciate the info. So far those 2 interactions are all of have found that don’t transfer.