**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Juggernaut

I have been using a 5* r3 juggernaut for a while now. Easily my worst decision ever in the game. Even worse than me breaking my ipad outta frustration I think. I always hoped I get him duped cos basic 5* crystals yield trash mostly but given the long list of trash I haven’t been able to dupe him for 3 yrs now. So useless on defense as well.

He gains fury very rarely when gets hit. His critical rating is so low and so is his critical hit rate. So, essentially his hits are base attacks for most part.

Worst part are his specials. With 5r3 his spls often do 1500-3000 damage. That’s just unberable and makes my eye sore and cry about how bad a decesion ranking him up was.

I have even tried with synergy team with Colossus, Hulk, Thor but didn’t see his ratings improve.

How in the world can I use Juggernaut. I want to love him for all the resources I spent on him. But its hurtful to see his damage output worse than many 3* r4 champs.

Comments

• JazzKnightJazzKnight Posts: 34
    @Elbow_Flab can you please explain more. After a team member dies? Don’t remember reading anything about his utility in such scenarios. And unfortunately, I have unduped Juggs.
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Critical rating is the same as critical hit rate
    I meant critical damage.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Sorry he's not suiting you. Juggernaut was my first mystic 5/50; largely because he was Awakened, it was a long time ago, and I was questing with Hulk and Ronan (yay! the A-team!). In fact he's still my only 4*r5 Mystic, come to think of it; but I've pulled better 5* options now, luckily.

Juggernaut does have several champs he gets a better critical rating with (Colossus, Nightcrawler, Magik, Thor); which you've clearly tried. Do you have maxed Cruelty? I definitely saw my Juggs' damage improve with a few more points in Cruelty, as his base crit damage rating is so low.

He's got a decent defensive Thunderbolts synergy with Luke Cage also, btw.

Juggernaut's main use - such as it is - comes from Stagger (his description states that this Staggers ALL buffs triggered at the same time); which you can use much more freely if you ever get him Awakened; or you'll want to break it out after any Parry. My Juggernaut is mainly relegated to the arena now; but he's pretty effective against buff-reliant Cosmic champs; particularly Hyperion and Champion; but also Black Bolt, Medusa, OML, Groot...

If he's awakened, he gets better enough to be more widely useful, as you can easily spam SP1, go unstoppable and drop heavy attacks at will. Use that first three seconds of Unstoppable at the start of the fight to drop two Heavy attacks if you can; to limit your opponent's power gain/furies.

Outside the arena, he's not going to be great ; but he is tanky; and can be held in reserve to finish off weakened opponents (I think that's what @Elbow_Flab means), or deal with occasional buff-heavy defenders. And that three second starting Unstoppable does let you take control at the start of the match; even against someone like Unblockable EQ Darkhawk.

So, he is occasionally useful - that's about the best I can do, I'm afraid. Hope you either awaken him or pull a better mystic soon.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    I have his 6*. He’s useless.
  • Sheer_ColdSheer_Cold Posts: 183
    Ikr I just wrote an entire discussion on how Juggernaut is underpowered
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    Elbow_Flab wrote: »
    JazzKnight wrote: »
    @Elbow_Flab can you please explain more. After a team member dies? Don’t remember reading anything about his utility in such scenarios. And unfortunately, I have unduped Juggs.

Useful in quests after a teammate almost kills an opponent and has like 25% health or less. Juggs can come in and wreck him to finish him off.

That’s elektra’s niche.
    axelelf_1 wrote: »
    I have his 6*. He’s useless.

yeah.. 6* and almost never gonna dupe him... i know the pain.
    axelelf_1 wrote: »
    Elbow_Flab wrote: »
    JazzKnight wrote: »

Useful in quests after a teammate almost kills an opponent and has like 25% health or less. Juggs can come in and wreck him to finish him off.

That’s elektra’s niche.

I have a venom to wrap it up! I "LOVE" him.
    Sorry he's not suiting you. Juggernaut was my first mystic 5/50; largely because he was Awakened, it was a long time ago, and I was questing with Hulk and Ronan (yay! the A-team!). In fact he's still my only 4*r5 Mystic, come to think of it; but I've pulled better 5* options now, luckily.

Juggernaut does have several champs he gets a better critical rating with (Colossus, Nightcrawler, Magik, Thor); which you've clearly tried. Do you have maxed Cruelty? I definitely saw my Juggs' damage improve with a few more points in Cruelty, as his base crit damage rating is so low.

He's got a decent defensive Thunderbolts synergy with Luke Cage also, btw.

Juggernaut's main use - such as it is - comes from Stagger (his description states that this Staggers ALL buffs triggered at the same time); which you can use much more freely if you ever get him Awakened; or you'll want to break it out after any Parry. My Juggernaut is mainly relegated to the arena now; but he's pretty effective against buff-reliant Cosmic champs; particularly Hyperion and Champion; but also Black Bolt, Medusa, OML, Groot...

If he's awakened, he gets better enough to be more widely useful, as you can easily spam SP1, go unstoppable and drop heavy attacks at will. Use that first three seconds of Unstoppable at the start of the fight to drop two Heavy attacks if you can; to limit your opponent's power gain/furies.

Outside the arena, he's not going to be great ; but he is tanky; and can be held in reserve to finish off weakened opponents (I think that's what @Elbow_Flab means), or deal with occasional buff-heavy defenders. And that three second starting Unstoppable does let you take control at the start of the match; even against someone like Unblockable EQ Darkhawk.

So, he is occasionally useful - that's about the best I can do, I'm afraid. Hope you either awaken him or pull a better mystic soon.

i have cruelty maxed. but like you said, he's probably just an arena fodder & i have no time for arenas.
    LC synergy can be handy & with Magik its more of a health boost.

And I agree with your game play. Pretty much how I get to use him, only difference is I do after stunning. Cos, I have him unduped.

My biggest cry is, he deserves a rework. He can be unstoppable on his charge (like Rhino). He can be unblockable given how new champs are pretty much all UB & US & regen based. Even just adding "FURY" while he charges can really do him a lot of good.

sigh!