**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mystic Dispersion NERF

13»

Comments

• Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    wSWeaponX wrote: »
    These cry posts about nerfs should be considered spam. The same posts every day. MD, majik, hyperion, Mordo, over and over and over again.

Why is it people like you only ever attack pots suggesting nerfing down the god tier and never support posts requesting buffs to any other tier? Many ideas for Class masteries, improvement to old champs and many more buffs go unnoticed it are shot down

I'm starting to think it's less about you people's investment in the better attributes and more like the community is autistic and any change is enough to send you into full screaming fits!

Now ima tell you why i personally don't comment on ur buff threads
    Sirnoob wrote: »
    calls the community autistic then expects people to agree with him

lol Donald Trump has offended basically ever single non-white male Christian in the world and still got elected I figured you already hate me what's the worst that'd happen

But you have to admit the lack of any support for BUFF threads is EXTREMELY low

Personally I don't comment on many buff threads because it tends to go for champs I don't use does not mean ima go call people autistic and rage for champs someone likes to be nerfed
  • Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Personally I don't comment on many buff threads because it tends to go for champs I don't use does not mean ima go call people autistic and rage for champs someone likes to be nerfed

And you wonder WHY the community latches to nerfs! Willpower was nerfed because NO ONE USED A LARGE AMOUNT OF CHAMPS!

I mean look at this
    Joe Fixit:
    Increase his standard rolls to 3
    Replace fatigue with armor break
    Clubs gives a 10% boost to crit damage
    Rage is increased to 45%
    Signature also increases duration of the extra roll

He'd still be a lesser champion but he'd be sustainable, give decent damage, and wouldn't trigger MD except for Dex

Now you'd probably STILL never use him because you have your champs to deal with it your way and that's cool. But anyone who doesn't have a lot of power drain champs or No-Buff champs THIS version of fixit would be a great passive counter as his abilities are passive... and as a common champ far fewer people should be able to complain about MD as they'd likely have Joe Fixit "rank up Joe!" You could say and that's 1 less conversation about Nerfs you have to hear because there'd be an indirect change to MD that would balance it a little better

But instead you don't care because "goes for a champ you don't use"
  • Options
    QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    seems like other people have figured out how to work around MD but you're unwilling to accept it.

the willpower change had nothing to do with people not using certain champs. they fixed the majority of those champs but people refused to learn how to adapt. the willpower change was due to how it interacted with LC/DE resulting in LC/DE not working as intended and how it became a healing engine of which there was no real need to have any other mastery set up.

the ONLY champ that was still semi plagued by that tremendous willpower was iron fist of which you just had to be hyper aggressive and you could outpace it.

this seems to be the case with people constantly arguing for a nerf of xyz. while i detest MD, the game is relatively balanced. the only imbalance at the moment are these crazy nodes in quests and the collector.
  • Options
    Qwerty wrote: »
    seems like other people have figured out how to work around MD but you're unwilling to accept it.

the willpower change had nothing to do with people not using certain champs. they fixed the majority of those champs but people refused to learn how to adapt. the willpower change was due to how it interacted with LC/DE resulting in LC/DE not working as intended and how it became a healing engine of which there was no real need to have any other mastery set up.

the ONLY champ that was still semi plagued by that tremendous willpower was iron fist of which you just had to be hyper aggressive and you could outpace it.

this seems to be the case with people constantly arguing for a nerf of xyz. while i detest MD, the game is relatively balanced. the only imbalance at the moment are these crazy nodes in quests and the collector.

Actually due to regen also scaling off nodes during that area MANY bleeders like wolverine and BP were also quickly outclassed as well as a number of other champions like SG, LC, and even a lot of special attack bleeds that didn't pop at around 200% were VASTLY outclassed!

The issue with many of these "solutions" however is that many of them call for "intercepting" or even working with a broken Parry that seemingly gets worse every update! That or AGAIN don't use champ with buffs (narrowing down the pool of war attack champs) or use mostly power control champs many of which call for L2 to use drains which at the rate MD works is often too late unless you also use interception and "Broke-Parry" (I'm calling it Barry) which literally leaves the remaining attackers viable for ALL of war to be Hawkeye and Vision (I would have listed Hood here but invisibility doesn't seem to want to work with Barry, and as such even with a high amount of "avoid" can easily back you to a corner which vs MD is not a good idea)... oh and then MAYBE Voodoo who isn't fond of Barry either as it fails him too often for how frail voodoo is....

Or someone can use Joe Fixit and She-Hulk in war… yup!
  • Options
    nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    Md doesn't need a nerf, there just needs to be more counter options
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

Actually due to regen also scaling off nodes during that area MANY bleeders like wolverine and BP were also quickly outclassed as well as a number of other champions like SG, LC, and even a lot of special attack bleeds that didn't pop at around 200% were VASTLY outclassed!

The issue with many of these "solutions" however is that many of them call for "intercepting" or even working with a broken Parry that seemingly gets worse every update! That or AGAIN don't use champ with buffs (narrowing down the pool of war attack champs) or use mostly power control champs many of which call for L2 to use drains which at the rate MD works is often too late unless you also use interception and "Broke-Parry" (I'm calling it Barry) which literally leaves the remaining attackers viable for ALL of war to be Hawkeye and Vision (I would have listed Hood here but invisibility doesn't seem to want to work with Barry, and as such even with a high amount of "avoid" can easily back you to a corner which vs MD is not a good idea)... oh and then MAYBE Voodoo who isn't fond of Barry either as it fails him too often for how frail voodoo is....

Bottom line is you can't adapt like many have so your crying like a spoilt child, wonder what tomorrows nerf thread will be about
  • Options
    neb wrote: »
    Md doesn't need a nerf, there just needs to be more counter options

If they gave Joe Fixit, She Hulk, and SG some good buffs people would actually have some common counter play… but Kabam seems to always take the WRONG path to balancing the game so… not likely
  • Options
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

Bottom line is you can't adapt like many have so your crying like a spoilt child, wonder what tomorrows nerf thread will be about

Parry is a onelegged vegetable! That's how crippled it is! I used to be able to laugh at WS in RoL with a perfect combo of over 900 with my Wolverine but now parry doesn't even work half the time so the same Wolverine on the same enemy with the SAME timing has a much harder time getting that parry

I won't even mention the difficult of intercepting in general as the AI are all over the place
  • Options

And you wonder WHY the community latches to nerfs! Willpower was nerfed because NO ONE USED A LARGE AMOUNT OF CHAMPS!

I mean look at this
    Joe Fixit:
    Rage is increased to 45%

He'd still be a lesser champion but he'd be sustainable, give decent damage, and wouldn't trigger MD except for Dex

Now you'd probably STILL never use him because you have your champs to deal with it your way and that's cool. But anyone who doesn't have a lot of power drain champs or No-Buff champs THIS version of fixit would be a great passive counter as his abilities are passive... and as a common champ far fewer people should be able to complain about MD as they'd likely have Joe Fixit "rank up Joe!" You could say and that's 1 less conversation about Nerfs you have to hear because there'd be an indirect change to MD that would balance it a little better

You wanna k ow the giant problem here

As someone who does not have Joe fixit how would i know if a buff u suggest would make him better? That's the thing you can state that a change for a champ is good but since I don't have him I won't comment I comment on need threads that affect champs I use because I ton want a champ I like nerfed for some stupid reason now we talked about this before

You have the champs to counter a lot of the people you complain about you simply don't want to use them that does not justify a nerf
  • Options

I mean look at this
    Joe Fixit:
    Rage is increased to 45%

As someone who does not have Joe fixit how would i know if a buff u suggest would make him better? That's the thing you can state that a change for a champ is good but since I don't have him I won't comment I comment on need threads that affect champs I use because I ton want a champ I like nerfed for some stupid reason now we talked about this before

You have the champs to counter a lot of the people you complain about you simply don't want to use them that does not justify a nerf

I use them! The issue is the timing for mechanics like Intercepting and Parry are so freaquently changed that they are FAR from reliable and Dex as most people agree against MD it is not your friend here!

Roughly a 50/50 chance that parry WORKS means that every other 5-hits I'm feeding the MD enemy up to 12% (of 33% needed for L1 often Juggs or Magik) just to get an opening

5 hits is about just under half a bar so
    (33/2=16.5 so)

16+12=28% which means that per combo I give nearly a whole bar of power to the enemy…
    Dexing isn't a thing vs MD unless suicidal
    And intercepting gets messed with so often that even TRYING to learn whatever you can gets erased the next month...

And LUCKY you've never spun Joe Fixit or She-Hulk?!
  • Options

I mean look at this
    Joe Fixit:
    Rage is increased to 45%

I use them! The issue is the timing for mechanics like Intercepting and Parry are so freaquently changed that they are FAR from reliable and Dex as most people agree against MD it is not your friend here!

Roughly a 50/50 chance that parry WORKS means that every other 5-hits I'm feeding the MD enemy up to 12% (of 33% needed for L1 often Juggs or Magik) just to get an opening

5 hits is about just under half a bar so
    (33/2=16.5 so)

16+12=28% which means that per combo I give nearly a whole bar of power to the enemy…
    Dexing isn't a thing vs MD unless suicidal
    And intercepting gets messed with so often that even TRYING to learn whatever you can gets erased the next month...

And LUCKY you've never spun Joe Fixit or She-Hulk?!

Nope but I've had my fair share of disapointments
  • Options

Parry is a onelegged vegetable! That's how crippled it is! I used to be able to laugh at WS in RoL with a perfect combo of over 900 with my Wolverine but now parry doesn't even work half the time so the same Wolverine on the same enemy with the SAME timing has a much harder time getting that parry

I won't even mention the difficult of intercepting in general as the AI are all over the place

The topic here is MD, but guess you got more complaining to do
  • Options

Considering many of the ways to counter MD involves parry… it's relevant
  • Options

Not really, it's possible to evade but not trigger dexterity.
    Why did you start bringing up RoL we an fighting him with wolvie, that's got nothing to do with MD
  • Options

Not really, it's possible to evade but not trigger dexterity.
    Why did you start bringing up RoL we an fighting him with wolvie, that's got nothing to do with MD

I was pointing how Parry seems become less and less reliable even in Non-War areas and RoL WS was the best example as it's a long fight that is often used as a yard stick for testing champions. With the same timing Parry becomes less and less… "accurate"

I do understand that while you don't HAVE to use Dex to evade the issue with that is that either way you're gonna get pushed into a corner and die quickly
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    Supaflyazn wrote: »
    My point is that it is EXTRENELY unfair to give the most OP class the most OP extra ability that activeate against 90% of the champions that are even usable! And it's not JUST like Hyperion who does it slowly and on a power gain node is predictable but Mystic is everywhere, is one of the reasons MAGIK is so ungodly annoying, but literally constricts the WAR attack roster to… 5 champs roughly… even Stagger and Null won't actually help as is physically is not even a Buff. Even champions like Thor and Hulk who don't technically lose a Buff when attacking but instead replace old Fury with new Fury still trigger it

(And honestly… I gave Spite a LOT more as it was much MUCH slower than the instantaneous garbage MD)

Dude, you realize it costs a lot to level up MD... if you are asking for a nerf of this, then you are basically saying **** you to all the players who invested in MD, just because you can't play around it. My solution is to either 1) go buy MD and decide for yourself if after spending units on it, it is still "overrated," 2) Learn to play against Power Gain, 3) Play better, 4) Stop whining and buck up, it will make you better to learn to counter the harder content in this game... You will NEVER improve if you continually ask for nerfs of end game content.

Things that benefit the player is far and few between in this game. Please DO NOT ask for Kabam to remove anything that helps us, as players, to counter the harder end-game content in MCOC. It is already hard enough without nerfing stuff that we paid for with units, just because it doesn't benefit you. You are a pretty selfish player with your line of thought, and as such you do not speak for the community as a whole.

Thank you this was awesome, we wont get units. Pure skill was nerfed and we got 0 answer and 0 compensation! Wake up! Stop the nonsense!

Mystic dispersion is a good challenge and it is the only thing that makes kabam profit in AW. They wont change that. But they did not mind ruining pure skill post 12.0 because it did not benefited them. We deserve an answer for pure skill. We deserve skill specific rank down tickets at least. Most gamers ranked skilled champ due to pure skill and invested 4500 unuts to max that mastery. If they nerf MD the story will repeat itself.
    Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on
  • Options
    nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    Wow cap, stopped drinking the koolaid lately!?
  • Options
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Supaflyazn wrote: »
    My point is that it is EXTRENELY unfair to give the most OP class the most OP extra ability that activeate against 90% of the champions that are even usable! And it's not JUST like Hyperion who does it slowly and on a power gain node is predictable but Mystic is everywhere, is one of the reasons MAGIK is so ungodly annoying, but literally constricts the WAR attack roster to… 5 champs roughly… even Stagger and Null won't actually help as is physically is not even a Buff. Even champions like Thor and Hulk who don't technically lose a Buff when attacking but instead replace old Fury with new Fury still trigger it

(And honestly… I gave Spite a LOT more as it was much MUCH slower than the instantaneous garbage MD)

Dude, you realize it costs a lot to level up MD... if you are asking for a nerf of this, then you are basically saying **** you to all the players who invested in MD, just because you can't play around it. My solution is to either 1) go buy MD and decide for yourself if after spending units on it, it is still "overrated," 2) Learn to play against Power Gain, 3) Play better, 4) Stop whining and buck up, it will make you better to learn to counter the harder content in this game... You will NEVER improve if you continually ask for nerfs of end game content.

Things that benefit the player is far and few between in this game. Please DO NOT ask for Kabam to remove anything that helps us, as players, to counter the harder end-game content in MCOC. It is already hard enough without nerfing stuff that we paid for with units, just because it doesn't benefit you. You are a pretty selfish player with your line of thought, and as such you do not speak for the community as a whole.

Thank you this was awesome, we wont get units. Pure skill was nerfed and we got 0 answer and 0 compensation! Wake up! Stop the nonsense!

Mystic dispersion is a good challenge and it is the only thing that makes kabam profit in AW. They wont change that. But they did not mind ruining pure skill post 12.0 because it did not benefited them. We deserve an answer for pure skill. We deserve skill specific rank down tickets at least. Most gamers ranked skilled champ due to pure skill and invested 4500 unuts to max that mastery. If they nerf MD the story will repeat itself.

Pure skill was messed up with the conversion to flat rates not due to an intentional nerf...

Not to mention that WP was a huge money maker and they had NO issue nerfing that was back

Both your arguements are flawed
  • Options
    have u even completed that dave challenge without getting hit by a sp3??? JA..
  • Options
    Try collar tech, maybe you know what it is.

this mas makes tech champs gain power also right??? but how ..??
  • Options
    have u even completed that dave challenge without getting hit by a sp3??? JA..

No… at the time I barely had a 2 r5 and despite Magik being one of them I lacked the ability to properly judge RR L2… which was highly spammed due to it also having Increased power gain so even when I did Dex it… it was never long until another one

My other was Hawkeye however without lock he was often put against the wall blocking LOTS of damage at a time due to higher end AI refusing to use specials a lot

In the end I was able to get to the second to last path before my items ran out

If the portal system didn't change I may have been able but as it was I had to do all or nothing with very very capable Champs unlike the spider event where I had Karnak and Voodoo who both made minced meat of a lot of them (the big 3 pains being Sym (who Magik decimated) Classic (who Karnak/HE killed) and SMSE who despite being a pain was no math for L3 from Star Lord a few times
  • Options
    TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    Mr.otter y r u in jail?! For what crime?
  • Options
    TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    Anyway md is not a problem. Make dexterity crit buff passive. Watch Brian's video. He also wants it.
  • Options
    TheSOURA wrote: »
    Anyway md is not a problem. Make dexterity crit buff passive. Watch Brian's video. He also wants it.

Well it IS a problem when champs like Hulk, Captain Marvel, Angela, NC, Thor (cause that's what he needed another nerf), and Wolverine can't be used in AWo without fear that replacing old abilities like their capped Regen or Fury will count as "expiring"

And I spam tagged Kabam mods who were refusing to answer community questions (and made a joke reply about someone earning "Kabammed points" and they could either cash them in to temporarily quit their addiction or redeem it on the forums as angry posts)