**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

It is Time. Lesser/Greater Solo Crystal Update

JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 789 ★★★
edited March 2019 in Suggestions and Requests

I implore Kabam to heed the call whispered in the air by summoners around the world: rework solo crystals. The solo crystals are a relic of times long past. A time when the inventory blew dusty tumble-weed-filled winds upon the open desert prairie of summoners’ t1a stashes. These’s ancient artifacts were once offered as desirable rewards, with the chance of gaining items that could change your account for the better. Alas, those days are long gone. For anyone who has gotten to level 60, these are the equivalent of the trash that accumulates in the floorboard of your vehicle, which you have to clean out periodically for your own mental health, but are otherwise unnotable, unremarkable, and entirely forgettable.

Let’s a look at the smaller of these, the lesser solo crystal.

While 3 star champions are still very much relevant for beginner summoners, and those of us who still grind arena for milestones, this item set does not speak to the hearts of the committed MCoC warrior! Of course, as to cater to the rich tapestry of accounts at every level of development, a veritable variety of rewards need to be both available and achievable. In the case of the lesser solo crystal, bless it’s little heart, I propose an update similar to the daily crystal for summoners who become uncollected, or thereabouts. Bump all 3 star rewards to the 4 star equivalent, bump the 2 stars up to 3 stars, and, for the love of all that is holy, get rid of the experience boosts for they are a plague upon the lvl 60 peoples of this great community! Never has an item had less use, and offended the constitution of an entire population so thoroughly.

Let us move on to the lesser solo crystal’s big brother, the greater solo crystal.

If you have eyes, you may have noticed this is the exact reason you’re able to read this sentence. Also, you can take note that the greater solo crystal is chock-full to the brim with the infamous XP boosts- may the lord strike them down from on high! Without belaboring the issue much more at the risk of becoming wearisome, I would simply propose the same update as noted above. Bump the star ratings of the awakening gem and sig stones up. If there must be a replacement for the blazing embarrassment simply named “XP boosts”, units, a stack of gold crystals, or-dare I say it- some t2ac frags would be found most palatable.

Changing the solo crystals by implementing the aforementioned adjustments would be a simple solution, and bring the crystals in line with the modern day. By making this update achievable to summoners who have completed a certain difficulty of content, we ensure that the crystals are relevant to each account as they progress.

Thank you for your time, consideration, and for playing Marvel Contest of Champions.

Comments

• Options
    JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 789 ★★★
    If you agree, speak up, and let your voices be heard!
  • Options
    ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    I have never, ever gotten a t1a from the Greater Solo in two years and hundreds of openings. Absurd.
  • Options
    D4RK51D3666D4RK51D3666 Posts: 4
    I couldn’t agree more, you took the words right out of my mouth. What is the use of XP boost for a level 60 player? Greater and lesser solo crystals have to be updated once level 60 is reached so that more useful rewards can be obtained from them crystals instead of the back to back 40% and 50% XP boosts, such a waste. Either update the rewards or replace them with a more worthy crystal like the Greatest Solo crystal.
  • Options
    EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    Agreed. I just let these sit in my stash
  • Options
    SzaboIVSzaboIV Posts: 4
    I agree JChance I think they should add progress based solo crystals.
  • Options
    MegaGalacticMegaGalactic Posts: 248 ★★
    Very much agree.
  • Options
    MemphistophilesMemphistophiles Posts: 79
    Agreed! Since I began over a year ago, I repeatedly get 2-3* arena boosts or xp boosts. The latter is completely useless being lvl 60. An update or alternative would be amazing!
  • Options
    Taurusmike1176Taurusmike1176 Posts: 6

Can these please not be included for those at level 60? I got x3 of these in a row, just garbage. Haven't been able to use these for over 2.5 years
  • Options
    RecklessRedRecklessRed Posts: 19
    Let's bring this post back to the top because I feel this is something that is very much needed and could be an easy fix.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    I cant remember the last time I saw an awakening gem, let alone an alpha.

XP boosts should convert to gold boosts for lvl60 or at the very least rework the crystal to suit uncollected.

Alas, the price reflects the quality of the goods so there is nothing to be gained by changing it.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    LMAO I didn't even know t1 alphas could be pulled from those crystals, or if I did I forgot. I know they are free and so on the one hand it seems cheap to complain, but a buff would be nice. How about some L2 quest revives? They seem to have vanished from the game except for 40 unit purchases.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

I cant remember the last time I saw an awakening gem, let alone an alpha.

XP boosts should convert to gold boosts for lvl60 or at the very least rework the crystal to suit uncollected.

Alas, the price reflects the quality of the goods so there is nothing to be gained by changing it.

I get lots of 3* and 2* awakening gems. Usually have to sell them except when I get a champ from insider.
  • Options
    SuvenduSuvendu Posts: 177
    edited April 2019
    These crystals should get change according to player level.. Like the made changes to gmc/login crystal/hourly crystal..