Options

Request: Energy Overflow

I have been playing this game over 3 years, now, and there's (almost) nothing more annoying to me than to be plowing through event quests, energy refills in hand, then not having enough energy to reach the next tile while still having "remainder" energy. Or, in a similar situation, running your energy down to that perfect zero, then right as you are activating that full energy fill, you notice that an alliance mate hit the help button and gave you 2 more energy. But it's too late. That 2 energy is forever gone, and your full energy fill was worth 2 energy less.

In the first scenario, you can try to use "small" 5 energy fills to try and get things evened out, but even then, it's easy to waste time, depending on whether the next node(s) are empty or not. If you have a quest energy help request submitted to your alliance, you have to hope that no one presses that button and screws up the process. If you are lacking small energy fills, then you have to resort to "waiting it out", and then REALLY hope that an alliance mate doesn't hit the help button at an inopportune time.

Time is quite valuable to most. Each energy wasted is 6 minutes of that precious commodity. I don't mind the 6 minute timer. It lets me take breaks every now and then. However, every new event that comes around (monthly, special, story, whatever) makes us have to go through this waiting process. I have no desire to try and count up how much overall time I have spent over the course of my 3+ year commitment to playing this game. If the tiles are only 1 energy each, no problem, but there is very little content that only costs 1 energy per tile. Most are 2 or 3, and of course up to 5 for some events. It is very easy to see that my personal time wasted would easily be hours, if not days in total.

Is it too much to ask for an energy overflow feature? If you have less than 70 energy (assuming you are lvl 60) and use a full energy fill, you should be granted a full 70 energy (or whatever value your max energy is). I have seen that alliance help requests are "paused" while you are at full energy, and I certainly appreciate that. Also, I'm not saying we should be able to store infinite energy by using lots of energy fills, as I feel that would be imbalanced. What I am asking is to please give us the full value of our items and in the process, give us full control over our time by not having to waste it away in an effort to get that full item value.

Thanks for your understanding.