**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Updated Five Stars--Act 6 Requirements

StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
Since four stars are now obsolete and unplayable thanks to Act 6's unwarranted champion requirements that limit champs to 5 and 6 stars, will we finally be seeing 4 star exclusive champions make their way to the five star basic pool? Champions like Wolverine, Scarlet Witch, Age of Ultron Vision, Abomination, Thor, Doctor Strange, Black Widow, and Joe Fixit who are only available as four stars have served me well in completing much of Act 5 and all of Act 4 (Not Joe Fixit, though I wholeheartedly love the champion). I even use my Scarlet Witch and Vision to clear Epic level content such as Love Is A Battlerealm and this month's Intel event. These champions are so much fun to play and I hate that I can't get them as 5 stars, but I always thought I could still use them in future content. Now that is not the case, I think it's only fair to add them as 5 stars to keep them playable. I understand that the issue of these characters being 'too powerful' to have as 5 stars is often quoted, but I have two counters to that, the first being that Domino and Corvus are both six star champions as are Omega Red and Aegon all of whom are incredibly powerful, my second point is that you claim that they are too powerful to have as five stars, yet we continually face these champions as both five and six stars in monthly and story quests--so they're too powerful for us to have, but not to fight?
*Note: I did not include Electro, Daredevil (Classic), and similar champions that are not available as five stars because they are available as six stars.

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    They are not unplayable and obsolete. You just can't use them in 6.1.
  • Options
    @GroundedWisdom, which would make them unplayable and obsolete. You also won't be able to use them for the rest of Act 6 as well. If you can't use them for endgame, they are significantly less valuable.
  • Options
    Unplayable and obsolete means you can't use them at all, and they're completely phased out. That's not true. You're talking about one part of the game. Of which there are many.
  • Options
    @GroundedWisdom, except since this 'one part' of the game is the next installation of the story mode and completing the first act unlocks the most game-changing crystal we have seen so far, it really does make them obsolete. Why bother wasting resources on a four star you can't use to complete this game-changing content when you can use those resources on a five star? For many, if not most players, becoming Cavalier and unlocking that powerful Cavalier crystal is an even bigger goal than becoming Uncollected. Powerful four stars such as Scarlet Witch and Wolverine who aren't available as five stars would help many players clear much of the content of Act 6, but no, Kabam decided that we can't use them, making them unplayable in the long run. This is only going to get worse as more of Act 6 comes out and it won't be long until four stars become just as phased out as three stars.
  • Options
    If the only thing that existed in the game was Storymode, that might hold true. However, Act 6 is only one aspect of the game, and it's a one-time thing. Once you're done, that's it.
    There's an entire game outside of that. War, AQ, EQ (all 5 Difficulties), Special Events, Challenges, ROL, LOL.....all that you are able to use 4*s in. They are not obsolete.
  • Options
    @GroundedWisdom Actually, it does extend to other parts of the game, especially Wars, Arenas, and AQs and the reason is simple: The people at the top who already have the rosters for Act 6 will gain access to the Cavalier crystals and their 5 and 6 star rosters will grow exponentially. As their rosters grow, arena scores will go up, as will the ranks for alliance quests, and wars will grow increasingly more difficult as a result of this massive influx of 5 and 6 stars. If Kabam did not put the four star gate on Act 6, skilled players would at least have the chance to gain the same rewards as the top players. Because of this, it only makes sense to rank up five and six stars, even though four stars can still be used in most content. I myself use my maxed four star Archangel, SW, AoU Vision, Cap IW, IMIW, and Omega Red in the event quests, even the Uncollected difficulty, but I will no longer be ranking up any more four stars because they will not net me a return on my investment anymore.
  • Options
    That doesn't make sense. If they're already at Cavalier, then I'm sure they won't care that 4*s are blocked from it. They've already done it.
  • Options
    @GroundedWisdom, reread my comment, I clearly state this is an issue, not for the people who will become Cavaliers soon, but for those who will not. Cavaliers will vastly expand their rosters, leaving other players in the dust. This will cause regular players to be unable to compete in five star arenas because Cavaliers will be able to put up points just not attainable for regular players. Likewise with AQ. My point is that should Kabam do the right thing and get rid of the four star gate, skilled players who do not have the five and six star rosters will have the chance to become Cavaliers and help check the balance of power in the game.
  • Options
    I wouldn't say vastly. There's a 50% chance in the Crystal for a 3*, all the way up to a 1% chance at a 6*. That's relatively small by design. It's a Milestone, but not as much as Uncollected. All it takes for Act 6 is 5*s. It's not as distant as people are implying. There are many options.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    GroundedWisdom is not entirely wrong, those that have not yet attempted act 6 still can use the 4*s they've built up for event quests and stuff, so calling them completely obsolete is not entirely accurate. However, its still true that there will no longer be any incentive to keep ranking up as many 4*s because they can no longer be used in act 6.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    PraiseKek said:

@GroundedWisdom, reread my comment, I clearly state this is an issue, not for the people who will become Cavaliers soon, but for those who will not. Cavaliers will vastly expand their rosters, leaving other players in the dust. This will cause regular players to be unable to compete in five star arenas because Cavaliers will be able to put up points just not attainable for regular players. Likewise with AQ. My point is that should Kabam do the right thing and get rid of the four star gate, skilled players who do not have the five and six star rosters will have the chance to become Cavaliers and help check the balance of power in the game.

That's not really true. AQ map 7 will do more to separate the player base than act 6. The rewards are good but they aren't game breaking. People said act 5 would do the same and it never really did. If you can do act 6 now, you are already able to do 5* arenas and maps 6/7. Im just not sure where you get "vastly" from.
    Also you can't say 4*'s are unplayable or obsolete when 6.1 is the only place you can't use them. So you really aren't using the right wording. I'm not saying eliminating 4*s is the rigjt move but you are fairly far off on your points here.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    PraiseKek said:

@GroundedWisdom, which would make them unplayable and obsolete. You also won't be able to use them for the rest of Act 6 as well. If you can't use them for endgame, they are significantly less valuable.

You are right because they are banned from act 6 they are hereby banned from all content
  • Options