**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hyper AI "teleporting"

I just got mauled by a hyperactive mode Spidey classic in AW. He activated his special 2 from really far away. Way farther than he should be able to connect with it. The animation started by where he was standing, never saw the 'swinging' part of the animation then suddenly he's bouncing off me and landing and I'm dead. Again this kind of stuff only seems to happen when the AI is in it's hyper aggressive mode. This stuff needs to be fixed.

Comments

• Rich_RyderRich_Ryder Posts: 238
    Sorry, I meant in arena not AW
  • Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    Rich_Ryder wrote: »
    I just got mauled by a hyperactive mode Spidey classic in AW. He activated his special 2 from really far away. Way farther than he should be able to connect with it. The animation started by where he was standing, never saw the 'swinging' part of the animation then suddenly he's bouncing off me and landing and I'm dead. Again this kind of stuff only seems to happen when the AI is in it's hyper aggressive mode. This stuff needs to be fixed.

It won't be fixed. It's voluntary behaviour from Kabam for the IA. High leveled opponents all have that behaviour. You can check in AQ's day 4-5... All opponents slide forward while launching SP or block break from far away.
  • Rich_RyderRich_Ryder Posts: 238
    edited July 2017
    If the AI was actually shown sliding forward I would have time to react. He went straight up like the normal swing animation, then was on top of me with no swing (because the swing animation would have ended 3-4 champ length before me). I understand what you're saying, but I've already cited other issues with hyper AI 'teleporting' forward, such as ending up literally on top of my champ during a heavy animation (Groot's) between Groot and his fist. Neither champ taking a hit and just bouncing off each other. A frequent one is 'bouncing off' an evade, where the AI is moving so fast the CPU can't decide between a block and evade so I bounce back even though there is no connection and the AI champ had evaded back. This stuff only happens when the hyper aggressive attack is on; it's like playing a different game. Maybe the really high level players see this frequently and are used to it, but higher difficulty shouldn't be the game playing differently than it does without nodes, abilities, etc. that state a difference in game play
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    it's frame skipping/lagging.