**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The RNG just saved me $100

FabiusBRFabiusBR Posts: 286 ★★★
I was looking with interest at the T5b offer for $100. Then I opened a five star crystal and duped Vulture for the second time. That reminded me that the crystals are so full of bad champs right now that spending money for items to rank champs is kind of pointless.

I’m sitting on 12 T2a, tons of T4cc in all classes, T4b and Alphas piling up in overflow. But I have no five star Blade after 60k of premium crystals. I have 69 five star champs. With dupes I’ve probably opened 100+ five star crystals. I have no Sparky, Corvus, Medusa or Omega Red. But I have plenty of duped arena fodder.

I find myself playing less and less because grinding to pull Vulture, Karnak, Juggs, Venompool, Groot, Loki, Falcon, Colossus, IF or 50 other mediocre champs isn’t fun. Sad. This was such a great game before 12.0. Been downhill ever since.

Comments

• Options
    That was the sentiment I was trying to express. Burnt out because by the time non-spenders get a shot at new champs, they are old champs and not great enough to really get excited ab
  • Options
    allinashesallinashes Posts: 791 ★★★
    I think we've all been here or will get here if we're not spenders. The option for new champs if we don't spend money is featureds. These are also expensive in opportunity cost. I've opened 23 featureds and it has cost me the opportunity at 11.5 more pulls if I'd gone basic only. I think I've got a pipeline of rankable champs now, so I'll be getting back to basics so to speak. Just a lot less expensive in terms of shards.
  • Options
    DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    I think spenders and non spenders get burned out the same. I’m not a whale but I’ve dropped a couple odens and it’s almost worse when you go for a featured and get garbage. Once That happens I stop and I just grind for awhile at normal pace for crystals, it stings a lot less. I’ve become accustomed to disappointment with crystals
  • Options
    BluntMacheteBluntMachete Posts: 134
    I agree with the excess of some mats and rarity of others. I have almost max t4cc of every class, 200 map 5 crystals, 2200 t4c fragment crystals and 37 t4cc crystals but I’m down to 0 t2a. All my glory is going into t2a
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,548 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Similar for me. I keep stockpiling stuff that doesn’t get used, and the last high-dollar offer I got was for a 5* AG crystal...which gave me a fifth gem that sits unused. Offers and crystals have netted me two 5/6* champs total released after December 2017: Sentry (shards) and Proxima (two bought crystals).

So take KabamGoggy’s advice when you see an offer pop up....and wait.

A game that guts the ability of players to utilize their full roster for synergies yet trots out a 24-hour run of low-odds FGMCs the next day deserves none of your money and only as much time as you deign to give it.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    SgtBallcrusherSgtBallcrusher Posts: 43
    I played from day 13 till the 16.0 update. Once 12.0 came out and the game got even more laggy, the nerfing of masteries began, the swiping glitch that kabam said didn't exist for 6 months, then eventually they sold out. Sure new content gets added all the time but I'd come back and play if they'd stop making content and spend 3 months just fixing the game and make it work on Android as it does on iPhones. It's a money pit at this point. I can still here the CEO screaming milk the whales.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    I'm just sick of RNG dependent everything. Tired of opening trash and more trash. Rank up materials rotting in stash with no one good to use them on. This game needs more positive change. Getting decent champs after the game has neutralized them isn't fun and that's only if you can even get the newish champs. Usually you just pull older trash over and over.
  • Options
    RNG would be fine if the champion pool was smaller, or if each champ was designed with a unique ability that had value against specific nodes or opponents. But with a huge champion pool filled mostly with champs that cannot contribute against higher end content, RNG now means a high probability of disappointment. I think Kabam has made a strategic mistake. They have filled the game with disappointment, rather than excitement. Not exactly a recipe for long term success.
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited March 2019
    There’s more good champs in the Crystal now then there ever has been before.

I think 90% of these forum posters need to find something else to play. Why even bother with it then? I have a great time playing, so I play. Most people seem miserable, yet they still play. Strange stuff.
  • Options
    peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    edited March 2019
    FabiusBR said:

I was looking with interest at the T5b offer for $100. Then I opened a five star crystal and duped Vulture for the second time. That reminded me that the crystals are so full of bad champs right now that spending money for items to rank champs is kind of pointless.

I’m sitting on 12 T2a, tons of T4cc in all classes, T4b and Alphas piling up in overflow. But I have no five star Blade after 60k of premium crystals. I have 69 five star champs. With dupes I’ve probably opened 100+ five star crystals. I have no Sparky, Corvus, Medusa or Omega Red. But I have plenty of duped arena fodder.

I find myself playing less and less because grinding to pull Vulture, Karnak, Juggs, Venompool, Groot, Loki, Falcon, Colossus, IF or 50 other mediocre champs isn’t fun. Sad. This was such a great game before 12.0. Been downhill ever since.

True that there are a good amount of bad pulls.

However, you only listed 4 champs you don't have.

There are plenty of other decent pulls worth rank 4. Anything on Seatin's low demigod tier list and higher up is a good rank up.

Free to play needs to be ok with waiting alot longer for champions compared to people who spend, because the odds are against you with less pulls.

Finally you can save lots of units and make your own luck by grinding for a 5* champion, using your time as a replacement for just buying units with cash.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

I think 90% of these forum posters need to find something else to play. Why even bother with it then? I have a great time playing, so I play. Most people seem miserable, yet they still play. Strange stuff.

There're aspects of the game that are terrible and soul-killing. Still overall love playing, but I can acknowledge that there's parts of the reality of playing this game that make you want to quit when you get whacked with them. There being more good champs in addition to ever more trash is irrelevant. It's still annoying for so many things to be luck of the draw. No one is going on the internet to tell how a game is properly rated and adequate for their current escapism and relaxation needs.
  • Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited March 2019

There're aspects of the game that are terrible and soul-killing. Still overall love playing, but I can acknowledge that there's parts of the reality of playing this game that make you want to quit when you get whacked with them. There being more good champs in addition to ever more trash is irrelevant. It's still annoying for so many things to be luck of the draw. No one is going on the internet to tell how a game is properly rated and adequate for their current escapism and relaxation needs.
    That’s fair. I think I’ve been able to adjust my view on rewards and crystals somewhat. I’ve snagged a few great champs which has made it easier to accept my crappy pulls perhaps. Rewards mean less to me now than satisfying and fun gameplay. I still want the rank-up materials like T2 alpha badly, but 5* crystals that don’t give me what I want...It’s easy for me to let this go.
  • Options
    peasant said:

FabiusBR said:

True that there are a good amount of bad pulls.

However, you only listed 4 champs you don't have.

There are plenty of other decent pulls worth rank 4. Anything on Seatin's low demigod tier list and higher up is a good rank up.

Free to play needs to be ok with waiting alot longer for champions compared to people who spend, because the odds are against you with less pulls.

Finally you can save lots of units and make your own luck by grinding for a 5* champion, using your time as a replacement for just buying units with cash.

Actually, I listed 5 including Blade. And those were just exemplary. I also don’t have AA, Aegon, Emma Ftost, Havok, DV, Symbiote Supreme, carnage, Darkhawk, Sentinel or Thing. I need to dupe Hyperion and Iceman to justify ranking them.

I grind arena constantly, which is how I have opened 100+ five star crystals. Before Christmas I was accumulating units at a satisfying pace, which kept my interest up, but Kabam clearly nerfed the unit drop rate from Arena crysyals after the end of the year specials, so that source of satisfaction is now a cause of frustration.

The point of the post is not that I hate the game. I love it. But I am playing less and less because there is more frustration and wasted effort. It saddens me. This was a great game.
  • Options

That’s fair. I think I’ve been able to adjust my view on rewards and crystals somewhat. I’ve snagged a few great champs which has made it easier to accept my crappy pulls perhaps. Rewards mean less to me now than satisfying and fun gameplay. I still want the rank-up materials like T2 alpha badly, but 5* crystals that don’t give me what I want...It’s easy for me to let this go.
    It's a double punch in the gut when you have the materials and can't get the champs. I'd like better milestone (put up 30 million, get the champ) or accumulation champs like Unstoppable Colossus