**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Question Regarding Nick Fury

Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 818 ★★★★
Internal Bleed is a passive which takes effect once 8 bleed have been stacked.

Taskmaster becomes immune to all debuffs once he's been affected by 10.

Would the internal bleed count towards the 10, or not because it's a passive?
Should Taskmaster reach 10, before or after Internal Bleed passive is placed on him, would it be cleansed due to his immunity?

Comments

• DonkillaDonkilla Posts: 161
    Just use Iceman and you wouldnt need to bring a thread about it. I just used my iceman done as much Damage as i could then Boom he self destructs
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    You would need to be affected by 10 debuffs in the first place. But yes, he would become immune to bleed debuffs at some point, and Nick wouldn't be able to proc the Passive Bleed.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 818 ★★★★
    Donkilla said:

Just use Iceman and you wouldnt need to bring a thread about it. I just used my iceman done as much Damage as i could then Boom he self destructs

It's not a question about using people against him in the EQ, I'm having no difficulty there.

It's a question about how the active debuff and passive internal bleed affect each other and interact with Taskmaster's immunity.

Omega Red's passive death spores for example don't trigger Taskmaster's immunity.

I don't really get what you're asking here. To me it feels like counting to 10 and carefully keeping an eye on whether the 8 is somewhere amongst the numbers you're vocalizing should answer your question.

Omega Red and other passive debuffs don't always count towards Taskmaster's immunity, nor are they affected by it once the immunity is active. I'm wondering if Fury bypasses Tasmaster's immunity because the internal bleed is passive. But thank you for your insightful addition to the conversation.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Taskmaster ability only work with debuffs, and no passive abilities.
    Omega Red's death spores are not debuffs (neither "passive debuffs"). They are just a passive ability. The degen from his heavy attack is a debuff.

In this case, Nick fury shouldn't be able to trigger a passive bleed if he can't place bleed debuffs on the opponent, so you don't need to worry about that
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★

Donkilla said:

It's not a question about using people against him in the EQ, I'm having no difficulty there.

It's a question about how the active debuff and passive internal bleed affect each other and interact with Taskmaster's immunity.

Omega Red's passive death spores for example don't trigger Taskmaster's immunity.

I don't really get what you're asking here. To me it feels like counting to 10 and carefully keeping an eye on whether the 8 is somewhere amongst the numbers you're vocalizing should answer your question.

Omega Red and other passive debuffs don't always count towards Taskmaster's immunity, nor are they affected by it once the immunity is active. I'm wondering if Fury bypasses Tasmaster's immunity because the internal bleed is passive. But thank you for your insightful addition to the conversation.
    Not a single passive effect counts towards taskmasters ability. There aren't any passive debuffs.
    Buffs and debuffs are active effects. All active effects (buffs/debuffs) have a white ring around their symbol.
    Taskmasters ability gets triggered by debuffs, for example 8 bleeds from nick fury.
    Passive effects can be positive as well as negative - they don't have a white ring around their symbol. Taskmasters ability does not get triggered by passive effects, again there are no passive debuffs, for example furys internal bleed.

If taskmaster becomes debuff immune after having been inflicted with 10 debuffs, then where exactly is the misunderstanding?

8 bleeds from fury (debuffs) -> 8/10 debuffs triggered for taskmasters ability

One internal bleed (passive dot) -> still 8/10 debuffs triggered for taskmasters ability.
    Even knowing how all this works, reading your explanation is about as confusing as anything. Buffs, debuffs, abilities, active, passive, effects.. just take 2 or 3 of those words and mix them together and try to figure out what the hell is really going on.

It's something you only learn by playing as trying to explain it is just futile. It's so convoluted and unintuitive.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 818 ★★★★
    JRock808 said:

Donkilla said:

Not a single passive effect counts towards taskmasters ability. There aren't any passive debuffs.
    Buffs and debuffs are active effects. All active effects (buffs/debuffs) have a white ring around their symbol.
    Taskmasters ability gets triggered by debuffs, for example 8 bleeds from nick fury.
    Passive effects can be positive as well as negative - they don't have a white ring around their symbol. Taskmasters ability does not get triggered by passive effects, again there are no passive debuffs, for example furys internal bleed.

If taskmaster becomes debuff immune after having been inflicted with 10 debuffs, then where exactly is the misunderstanding?

8 bleeds from fury (debuffs) -> 8/10 debuffs triggered for taskmasters ability

One internal bleed (passive dot) -> still 8/10 debuffs triggered for taskmasters ability.
    Even knowing how all this works, reading your explanation is about as confusing as anything. Buffs, debuffs, abilities, active, passive, effects.. just take 2 or 3 of those words and mix them together and try to figure out what the hell is really going on.

It's something you only learn by playing as trying to explain it is just futile. It's so convoluted and unintuitive.
    He's saying the passive bleed doesn't count towards Taskmaster's immunity, but also won't go around it. In order to get the passive bleed, Fury needs to place bleed debuffs first and Taskmaster would become immune before that happens - worst case, taskmaster might experience one passive but that's all, because after ten bleed effects, he's immune.

It's convoluted because he's being condescending.