**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

UPGRADE 4 STAR TO 5 STAR. Get in on this idea EVERYONE!

I know it will never happen but let’s just put this out there maybe it will be considered as an idea.

Considering the recent news with 4* characters it would be extremely helpful if we could upgrade 4*’s to 5*’s. After a character is fully Maxed out and their signature skill is fully maxed out there will be the option to pay a certain amount of something. It could cost gold,units (nothing crazy as high as 500 or so) battle chips, loyalty, introduce and new core that could be purchased. We have the categories in store now potions,profile pics,glory,loyalty,etc. Well character advancement,character upgrade,character transition, I don’t know exactly what it could be named but you all get the point.

Let’s take it a step further. Make a new game type that’s somewhere between master difficulty to epic. Once a week you can take your max 4* characters and only your max 4*’s into this game type and play through. After you play through only one of these characters get the option to be upgraded to a 5*. Either make it random or let the summoner decide. Now let’s call this maybe Grand Masters Evolution, Grand Masters Favor, Grand Masters Blessing again you get my point.

Make it time gated for certain champions as well. We all know this would comprise your crystal sales if you could jump right in and do this with new 4*’s. Make it either 6-12 month old and older champions. And doing this only results in the base character not a duped version. So let’s say you have a 4* Hulk and a 5* Hulk. The option to upgrade would not be there and even if it was the 4* would net you nothing from the upgrade. Also when upgrading from 4* to 5* it would be nice if the upgrade would net you at-least a Rank 2 version of the character. Rank 3 would be ideal but I’m not banking on that.

Let’s here some feedback here. Put your own spin on this guys let’s hear some constructive ideas.

Comments

• HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★

Not possible (as mentioned in the past) and not a good idea. Easily done/exploited by end game players.

The current system works fine really ...

This
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Oh yeah! I’ll do that with my scarlet Witch!!!
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I know it won’t work, but kudos for trying to find a solution!
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★

• ThesurvivlistThesurvivlist Posts: 195
    Nah, the current system is better
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 825 ★★★★
    Under the current system i have no use for 4* and below champions . Yes I know they can be used in a lot of game content but I have no incentive or desire to use them as my 5 and 6 star champs allow me to do any and all content even though I dont have every champ available i have enough where my progress and skill isn't dependent on synergies with 4 star and below champs. Some kind of trade in system would be worth exploring for players like me that have built up a sizeable 5 and 6 star roster and have no need/desire to use lesser champs. Therefore I propose the following:

A mechanism where if you have [X] amount of 5* and above champs you are granted a champion conversion badge that allows you to trade in for instance a 4/40 3* Killmomger + a 5/50 4* killmonger+ [x] amount of catalyst + [X] amount of gold to convert them into their 5* version provided they do not already own the 5* version of that champion. Conversions can be assigned a rarity on par with 5* class awakening gems or added to monthly eq rewards so that its nit a free for all. This would provide players with an incentive to at least still pursue 3 and 4* champs in arenas or through crystals and to rank them up.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    No
  • TChalllaTChallla Posts: 85
    I agree that the current system is fine but think your on to something. Fully maxing out a champ is a big deal so to speak and I think they should receive some kind of combat or health and attack permanent boost. A 15% boost to health and attack for being duped, max rank, and signature.

Still couldn’t run act 6, stronger but still lower attack and health than a 5 r4. Helps lower players progress to earning 5 shards and furthers the overall agenda of the game which is to have more people progress to higher levels.
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★

Under the current system i have no use for 4* and below champions . Yes I know they can be used in a lot of game content but I have no incentive or desire to use them as my 5 and 6 star champs allow me to do any and all content even though I dont have every champ available i have enough where my progress and skill isn't dependent on synergies with 4 star and below champs. Some kind of trade in system would be worth exploring for players like me that have built up a sizeable 5 and 6 star roster and have no need/desire to use lesser champs. Therefore I propose the following:

A mechanism where if you have [X] amount of 5* and above champs you are granted a champion conversion badge that allows you to trade in for instance a 4/40 3* Killmomger + a 5/50 4* killmonger+ [x] amount of catalyst + [X] amount of gold to convert them into their 5* version provided they do not already own the 5* version of that champion. Conversions can be assigned a rarity on par with 5* class awakening gems or added to monthly eq rewards so that its nit a free for all. This would provide players with an incentive to at least still pursue 3 and 4* champs in arenas or through crystals and to rank them up.

You can trade them in! Gold and iso man!

• gage201205gage201205 Posts: 572 ★★★
    Can 3 stars turn into 4 stars? No ... This is a progression game just because you can use 4 stars in chapter 1 of act 6 doesn't make them worthless
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    It wouldn't be an issue if u only got 1 say every 6 months or even a year. That wouldn't unbalance the game at all would just be a nice little bonus every now and then.
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    Would not happen, Kabam would lose a lot of money on this
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Nice try but no.
  • AceLuffySaboAceLuffySabo Posts: 286 ★★
    Horrible idea.. how do people even come up with this and think it would be any good for the game
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 776 ★★★
    I think this would’ve been a solid plan back when 5*s were first released. It would’ve at least given players a chance at taking a 5/50 champion of their choice to 1/25 or something. It wouldn’t have been hard to build the game around that- maybe even making the absolute to do it pretty rare- but now it would be a mess trying to balance with the current economic factors in game.
  • UlfricFrostUlfricFrost Posts: 51
    Fast forward 4 years and 7 months, primordial material anyone!?!?

I love how you scrubs bashed my idea and Kabam tweaked my idea and implemented it tastefully. Now they are going to make $320-$360 (depending on your tax) to upgrade champions with the primordial bundle.
  • InsaneSkullInsaneSkull Posts: 313 ★★
    Nice idea for new game, Marvel Contest of Pokemons
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,453 ★★★★

I love how you scrubs bashed my idea and Kabam tweaked my idea and implemented it tastefully. Now they are going to make $320-$360 (depending on your tax) to upgrade champions with the primordial bundle.

Except that's not at all what you said. What they did was basically give them a permanent 20% champion boost NOT give you a 5* of you had a maxed 4*.

Not to mention your idea is not good then and certainly not now as I have every 4* and need them for arena.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,705 ★★★★★
    Bro waited four year for this necromancy
  • PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,221 ★★★★★
    I love to see how people used to cook in old times.
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,587 ★★★★
    This man is a visionary, kudos to him
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,879 ★★★★★

Except they still didn't implement or even tweak your idea. It's a completely different idea. It's basically just a permanent boost applied to an individual champion. Not even close to increasing rarity. Sit back down scrub
  • UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★
    I'll also use this as a reminder to revive that thread
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,891 ★★★★★

Cool. How do I add to the star level? Maybe I’ll check in on this thread in another 4 years.
  • Swixsy_63Swixsy_63 Posts: 36

I know it will never happen but let’s just put this out there maybe it will be considered as an idea.

Considering the recent news with 4* characters it would be extremely helpful if we could upgrade 4*’s to 5*’s. After a character is fully Maxed out and their signature skill is fully maxed out there will be the option to pay a certain amount of something. It could cost gold,units (nothing crazy as high as 500 or so) battle chips, loyalty, introduce and new core that could be purchased. We have the categories in store now potions,profile pics,glory,loyalty,etc. Well character advancement,character upgrade,character transition, I don’t know exactly what it could be named but you all get the point.

Let’s take it a step further. Make a new game type that’s somewhere between master difficulty to epic. Once a week you can take your max 4* characters and only your max 4*’s into this game type and play through. After you play through only one of these characters get the option to be upgraded to a 5*. Either make it random or let the summoner decide. Now let’s call this maybe Grand Masters Evolution, Grand Masters Favor, Grand Masters Blessing again you get my point.

Make it time gated for certain champions as well. We all know this would comprise your crystal sales if you could jump right in and do this with new 4*’s. Make it either 6-12 month old and older champions. And doing this only results in the base character not a duped version. So let’s say you have a 4* Hulk and a 5* Hulk. The option to upgrade would not be there and even if it was the 4* would net you nothing from the upgrade. Also when upgrading from 4* to 5* it would be nice if the upgrade would net you at-least a Rank 2 version of the character. Rank 3 would be ideal but I’m not banking on that.

Let’s here some feedback here. Put your own spin on this guys let’s hear some constructive ideas.

If that would be the case then it should be able to be done other rarities not just the 4* which would require a lot of unnecessary work to do

Plus we've been playing the game for a very long time ppl by now have ranked up most of the champs so upgrading them wouldn't work considering ascension has arrived
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 297 ★★
    Some games have a feature that if you pull a rarity enough, it turns into the next rarity automatically. MCOC is so far along in its journey that something like this isn't possible. I played Mirrorverse for a hot minute and they have the rarity increase baked into it. Cool idea, just not for this game. Maybe MCOC 2...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    In honor of Halloween, people have brought a Thread back from the dead.
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,748 ★★★★★

I know it will never happen but

and my interest is gone.
  • ThomildoThomildo Posts: 441 ★★★
    Best necro post i’ve seen in a while!