**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Anyone try Mordo v. UC EQ Captain Marvel?

gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
I finished Master 100% and have done two runs of UC. But I'm still having problems evading the final Captain Marvel's unblockable SP1. I get her down to low health fairly easily, but then have problems finishing her off.

I was thinking that Mordo might be viable choice. His soul barb should do nice energy damage. His block should stop her SP1 and if he is duped he should absorb almost all of the damage.

Comments

• Options
    gforcefan said:

I finished Master 100% and have done two runs of UC. But I'm still having problems evading the final Captain Marvel's unblockable SP1. I get her down to low health fairly easily, but then have problems finishing her off.

I was thinking that Mordo might be viable choice. His soul barb should do nice energy damage. His block should stop her SP1 and if he is duped he should absorb almost all of the damage.

Hmmm I would think he would do really really well against her considering how much his soul barb can do.
  • Options
    FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Any mystic champion who can do energy damage (shock, incinerate) can take her down very quickly. Thor (Jane Foster) and Mephisto are the best counters to her. If you can put either a shock or incenerate debuff on her while she is in binary, you'll see her health fall harder than Kabam's rating in the play store. For her SP1, I suggest you do some very basic arena (summoner trials) because a lot of people have her 2 star version, you'll encounter her a lot in there, practice with her SP1 as much as you can, it's not that difficult in my opinion, just look when she leans in slightly, that's your cue to evade
  • Options
    HolyDracHolyDrac Posts: 106
    I used an unduped 6* Mordo for a couple of my runs. I did decently well with him once I figured out the best way to use his specials. I found that when Marvel had some buffs, the l2 was the most effective. But this isn't too often. I had better luck just spamming l1s which was easy to come by for me between the power gain and my mystical dispersion mastery. And also, just doing 4 hit combos (MLLL) into her block makes her take about 2k energy damage so it all adds up to deal some decent damage.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I have a r4 5 star mordo unduped and he's amazing against Captain Marvel. Easily one of her best counters. He can block her unblockable specials and he can stun lock her if you get lucky with the RNG.