**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Tips on How to Deal with Super Defensive A.I?

2»

Comments

• Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

So i've found that the A.I has been changed in a major way in Arena, it Absolutely will not throw specials unless its a SP3. My grind for gold in arena has become infinitely more difficult and less interesting/fun, as a result I have come to the forums in hopes that there is a new style of playing that I can learn to adapt to in order to make arena playable! So please i'm begging you HELP ME!

As others have stated, the AI from arena fights 8-15 or so are the worst. There’s pretty much nothing you can do about the AI being defensive. The best thing to do is bring 2 powerdrainers (so you can win at least 2 fights) or strong champs that can finish the fight early. Also, I’m sure you know of the infinite streak (if not there are plenty guides) and the fights 15+ have more aggressive AI regularly throwing specials. I always dread the first 15 fights of every new arena.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

It's beyond pretending it's not there. Sorry. I may not want to vent and rant, and start any conspiracies, but I'm not pretending for a second it's not real. Lol.

The AI is definitely different, but still quite manageable. OP is talking about the all or nothing arena fights, but the AI in general is better at not getting parried and not repeating the same fight sequences over and over. Takes a bit of adapting but other than AQ sentinels which are both boring and annoying to fight I don't mind the change.
  • Options
    Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★

Worse. It's passive, or sped up. At any given time, it will dash back quickly, or if you move towards it, it will speed up and you eat a fist. I was in a War with Mordo, had him cornered, EVERY HEAVY was countered with Resist while he built Power. It's picking and choosing its timing, and if you're trying to hit it, it will speed up to counter. Baiting feels ancient. I've gone 60 seconds or longer (you dash, I dash). AI is just over-the-top. That's my view.

Which arena?
    On 4* basic, I don't seem to see what is being described.

Me either.

They never wait to sp3 or play passive

I always do a 65-150 win streak every basic. And never see this behavior.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    It's part-and-parcel for me. It has two modes, super passive until it reaches L3, or super aggro and it Evades on a dime and Intercepts at any time. It's all two sides of the same coin for me. I'm not a fan. It's become so responsive and reactive that it's adding 10x the frustration, especially in Fights that cost you without precision timing. It will literally just stop short of a Block and bypass Parry. It will quick Evade whenever it wants, middle of a Combo, middle of a Special. 2 steps before you make contact, whenever. As if it has Auto Evade. Knockback is larger, and it whiffs you when you try to advance a Medium to get to it. It will jet across faster than you can Evade and chain 5-hit Combos back-to-back without time in between. It will speed its Attack before you have time to respond. I could create an entire list. It goes into the same behavior for me. There are timing issues all over, one passive and one aggressive.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Obviously I'm fighting in it. However, I don't really consider it acceptable on the basis that you can manage. I don't agree with it.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,775 ★★★★★
    Kalantak said:

Worst is fighting korg there!! You cant hit him in block, you cant dexterity, you can't stun!! What a **** ass champ.. i hate korg n he makes me wanna quit! Unstoppable,unblockable ever second

Watch this! One of the very best (instruction is very clear).

https://youtu.be/E4y1ls50vdI