**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

King GROOOOOT - Map 6 discussion

GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
Salutations Fellow Summoners,

I’d like to throw this out for discussion. I currently am proud owner of a R3 awakened King Groot. I am contemplating taking him to R4, for the primary intent of using in Map 6. My alliance runs map 6 at least 3 times a week, and I’m wondering if the investment would pay off by bringing AQ item use to near nothing.

What I’m throwing out there for discussion is, are there any of y’all out there that ranked KG to R4 for Map 6, and stand by the investment/decision to rank, and would do it over again. Note, I do have a R4 duped Voodoo who is my main sustainable AQ workhorse.

Also, for further insight, I already have Corvus and Hype at R4. So not a heck of a lot of other cosmics I’m holding out on. And I’m maxed on class T4CC and 11/12 T2A.

Comments

• Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    King Groot has a very solid Regen. But his damage and base attack are extremely underwhelming.
  • KngSpcKngSpc Posts: 53
    I don’t know if KG can kill anything in 3 minutes, so doubt he will be that useful for Map 6
  • GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    Thanks for the feedback. Is there anyone that actually has used him on Map 6
    Day 3 or 4 that can attest to his ability to finish fights? Also not too concerned about timing out. Even after losing 1/2 health it doesn’t take but a L3 and your about full again.

What I’m asking is for input from anyone who does have a KG R4 that has any insight to his practical use in map 6.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I used to use a 5/50 KG for days 1 and 2. He struggled a little with high armor, high health champs like Rhino where I would time out. I am assuming you take the bleed path? That’s the only reason I brought him.
    V1PER1987 said:

I used to use a 5/50 KG for days 1 and 2. He struggled a little with high armor, high health champs like Rhino where I would time out. I am assuming you take the bleed path? That’s the only reason I brought him.

Well I’m not concerned about having bleed or poison immune champs at my disposal. At R4 or 6*-1/25 I have nebs corvus Rulk Mephisto. So plenty of options for that utility.

What makes KG appealing as a R4 option imo is to be fully sustainable for starburst, degen, and just in general.
    And honestly he has enough regen to survive poison nodes as well. So he can almosst tackle any path needed. Without need for items. Not many champs can boast that.