**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I have realized that I didn’t get any useable 5* for half of a year

My last 5* are Red Skull, Rogue, Rhino, Taskmaster, Cyclop Blue Team, Psylocke, Collosus, BPCW. Some of them not too bad but I have no intention to rank them up or use them anywhere.

I haven’t realized it until today that my luck with 5* are so pathetic. The only God Tier 5* champ I have is Iceman. It means I will struggle to go advance in this game with my limited roster.

Not to complain or ask anything. Just wants to know if there are players with same problems with me. Share with me your story guys.

Comments

• Options
    Mr_EMr_E Posts: 129
    That BPCW would compliment my KM nicely
  • Options
    SpaddictedSpaddicted Posts: 222 ★★
    Mr_E said:

That BPCW would compliment my KM nicely

Nice. I wish to get KM. He gave me hard fights every time.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I had bad luck for 7 months straight on my main. I finally started getting a break when I pulled a 5* AA and 6* Heimdall. After that I got about 50 or so cavalier crystals and got a handful of amazing champs which I can’t even rank up right now. As sucky as it sounds RNG goes in waves and sometimes it can bend you over for long periods of time before it begins to benefit you again.
  • Options
    Kobi_Bhediya1Kobi_Bhediya1 Posts: 36

My last 5* are Red Skull, Rogue, Rhino, Taskmaster, Cyclop Blue Team, Psylocke, Collosus, BPCW. Some of them not too bad but I have no intention to rank them up or use them anywhere.

I haven’t realized it until today that my luck with 5* are so pathetic. The only God Tier 5* champ I have is Iceman. It means I will struggle to go advance in this game with my limited roster.

Not to complain or ask anything. Just wants to know if there are players with same problems with me. Share with me your story guys.

You have got good defense champs . One of my friends has similar situation with only AA as good 5* attacker.Rest are good in defence.
  • Options
    Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    Psylocke isn't too bad either. Sure she doesn't have too much attack but that ability to indefinitely lock the opponent on 0 power (assuming they have no power gain buff mechanic) is really nice. I have mine at rank 4 and, despite not using her that much, she's definitely a unique champion and she's not too bad.

Then again this is coming from a guy who took unduped OML up as his first 5/50 so take that with a grain of salt...
  • Options
    liquidkarmaliquidkarma Posts: 80
    edited March 2019
    i have definitely been KO'd by psylocke as defender a few times. fun to play with too. i kind of like red skull too. sp2 is pretty serious shock damage.
    most champions are at least decent. i would say all champs are, but people don't like to hear that. some are very very good.
    if you are waiting for a very excellent champ, you may have to wait awhile. but if you change your perspective, you may realize that you already have great champs. that's my story at least, that is how I think about my roster. i take all my 4 stars to rank 3 and they all serve SOME sort of purpose, somewhere in the game. not there yet with 5 stars but once i am it will probably be the same story.
    taskmaster was my first rank 5 four star. i have a soft spot for that guy :')
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    It happens, I went a year without getting a 5* champ I wanted to rank up.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

i have definitely been KO'd by psylocke as defender a few times. fun to play with too. i kind of like red skull too. sp2 is pretty serious shock damage.
    most champions are at least decent. i would say all champs are, but people don't like to hear that. some are very very good.
    if you are waiting for a very excellent champ, you may have to wait awhile. but if you change your perspective, you may realize that you already have great champs. that's my story at least, that is how I think about my roster. i take all my 4 stars to rank 3 and they all serve SOME sort of purpose, somewhere in the game. not there yet with 5 stars but once i am it will probably be the same story.
    taskmaster was my first rank 5 four star. i have a soft spot for that guy :')

Red skull shock damage isn’t that high unless I’m missing something with the one I got recently. Psylocke is a good attacker but hardly a good defender, only reason anyone’s getting KO’d is if they can’t evade that L2 I suspect.
  • Options
    SligSlig Posts: 349 ★★
    I went way longer than a half year without getting a good 5* champ.
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    How long you think it'll take with 120 more to not yet added to your roster? I think longer than some of us are going to be willing to play...especially when we have 120 plus awakened 4s with nothing but arena grinding to look forward to! It's kinda like playing 52 pick-up with Kabam! They throw the cards on the floor...we pick 'em up and hand em back and they throw em on the floor again! How stupid are we?
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Bad luck, @Spaddicted.

It happens to all of us, I'm afraid.

Do take a second look at Psylocke, though. She's one of those champs that really rewards skill and practice.

Practice playing with her against Winter Soldier in ROL and see if you have fun. Her reduced offensive power gain puts people off; but she has power gain with specials, too - not many champs can spam specials the way she can - SP2s whilst keeping the opponent at zero power; or SP1s if they've got a power gain mechanic.

Works really nicely if your opponent has a Power start mechanic too, as you gain Psi-charges straight away. If you can block them, and bait out the special, then you've got them power locked without even throwing a punch!
  • Options
    ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    Red hulk is really good and if you skill up, taskmaster can be quite good aswell
  • Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    None of those are ever going to be worth r4 at this stage of the game. Some may help with synergies, but there will be more times than not that those champs simply cannot clear content, at least as efficiently as many others could.

They would be good starter champs, but going into LOL Act 5/6, Variant.. you definitely have not gotten anything worth investing in.
  • Options
    The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    I've been on a horrible luck streak for a few months but broke it two days ago when I got a 5* void :)
  • Options
    ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Terrible pulls OP. Lots of trash there. Nothing you can do about it. Just lower your expectations when opening crystals. Expect a steaming pile of garbage champ...there are so many. Then be pleasantly surprised when/if you ever get anything decent.
  • Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 827 ★★★★
    My r4 5* Rogue is often the only champ I need in AQ. Allows me to take my big boys to AW
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★

Yep, same problem... I haven't gotten any of the newer 5's since void and IMIW

• Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019

You only have one Good Teir 5* damn
    That's one more than I have. With that being said I have learned to make do with what I got.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    * God Teir
  • Options
    SpaddictedSpaddicted Posts: 222 ★★
    Clydania said:

Red hulk is really good and if you skill up, taskmaster can be quite good aswell

Well, it’s Red Skull bro. I will take Red Hulk and rank 4 him.

As others said, they are not worth to rank 4. I am Uncollected and want to be Elder Bane. But I know I will have to spend a lot of money - a thing I am not willing to do - to explore Act 5.

Some amazingly skillful player like MCOC youtubers can beat any content with any champs, not me. I really hope for top champs.

• Options
    I did the math! If you get to 10 percent in the featured 4 arena for 500 weeks! (That is 9 years !) You will have constructed 120 crystals...not playing that long! Kabam has had almost 4 years of my life! long enough and just not buying the difference. So thank you kabam for creating.this grinding hell!

• Options
    We are gonna be kabams slaves longer than that guy in that movie! What was it? 12 years a slave? 9 +4 is 13!!!!
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    People need to stop looking at someone's stupid tier list and actually learn to use different champs.

Half the champs you listed are good.
  • Options
    Its about all the effort for so much garbage! And as for a diversity of champs used? Kabam killed that with prestige and rarity...monkeys see, monkeys do...so with 90 percent of the community frothing at the mouth over only certain champs (typically the latest and greatest) kabam has created and fed this attitude. When each champ is more powerful than all those before him/her when we are comparing apples to steak...well diveristy goes and then shortly after attitude!
    And then players...and seems to me the forum itself is thinning...
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Hort4 said:

Don't sleep on Rogue. She is way under-valued by most people.

I 100% agree. I just wish they'd fix her bugs.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/79292/rogue-has-been-bugged-for-months-doesn-t-shrug-off-some-debuffs-known-issue-under-investigation/p1

• Options
    So when one of us bemoans our roster? When 90 percent of the summoners talk smack about certain champs? How are we supposed to be thrilled to get them? Even if they are not as worthless as 90 percent of the community thinks. Hearing in the forum and from your alliance over and over! "AH! Too bad! That champ sucks!" Eventually you begin believe they suck wind yourself even if they don't.