**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5* Feature Crystals a Broken Concept

EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
The current format of hoarding shards for months for an opportunity at a desired champ or more often than not an attempt at a champ you have an awakening for is horribly flawed. If your fortunate than you become a considerable "have" while the less fortunate who are unable to convert are left with the prospect of another few months of grinding for another opportunity at an impact champ. I get that this game will always be heavily dependant on luck but the amount of hours invested should warrant a higher winning percentage. I would wager the odds are 1/5 at best but would it really be so detrimental to the game if it was 30-40%. You would certainly have a lot more happy players. I think the current business model is to give you as little desirable content as possible and keep you grinding as much as possible to gain very little. I don't see what would be so bad about giving players a little more of what they want so they can enjoy the game and not just be chained to it for another chance.

Comments

• SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    I don't think the drop rates should be increased it would be much better if 5 star shards are more available so it doesn't take as long to get to 10 and 15k shards. Im 1 in 6 for features so I have not been very lucky at all but I still think the current system is fine. Its the same reasoning why premiums shouldn't have a higher chance to give 4 stars theres a natural path of progression in this game and increasing chances to pull powerful champions would unbalance this progression. Basic crystals would become almost obsolete if the featured crystals had 40% drop rate which isn't the point of the crystals. Noticeably increasing the chance at getting the feature would speed up progression for new players because most would only go for featured as at 40% there would actually be a higher chance of getting a featured than there would be getting a champion that will drastically help your progression in the basic 5 stars and would increase the progression of top players since they pop 1 or 2 features every months they'd be able to get almost every featured champion consistently when they first come out or come back around a few months later. Top players would be even more ahead with almost all having crazy new 5 stars to play around with making alliance quest and war tipped even more in their favour.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    It's a players choice to go for a specific champ. They hoard the shards for more chances at the champ in case they miss out on the first crystal or the next or the next one
  • myPUNCAKEmyPUNCAKE Posts: 359
    I'm assuming you didn't get Iceman?
  • Dakine86Dakine86 Posts: 239
    0-6 on featured. I do love my 15k hulkbuster, antmans, and iron patriots tho.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    I think they need to make the featured crystal only able to drop from the sub pool or the featured. No one should have to spend 15k for a luke cage.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    No @Kronos987654321
    No one would buy a basic crystal at that point. That will unbalance this game. It will essentially delete good content just so people can have slightly better champs. That's a terrible idea for this game moving forward
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    Simple solution is to have a *5 arena where players can obtain the *5 champ that they want it they are willing to grind long hours for it.
  • JZ734JZ734 Posts: 95
    It would make more sense if they did what they currently do with the 4* featured. After a featured crystal has run its time during initial release it is eventually brought back but with an increased chance for said featured, i.e. the currently featured Symbiotic crystal. As it is currently, there are very few reasons to save more 5* shards once you have the 15k required for the featured because your chances at acquiring any of the champs will never change.
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    I saved for 4 months and opened 5 Iceman crystals. 0/5. Very demoralizing to not get him at all. I'd happily pay 50k shards to simply buy a featured champ.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Or they should improve the '****' champs like Cage/kamala/Carnage/IP/Hulkbuster
    So then there are no '****' champs.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    myPUNCAKE wrote: »

For the record I went 1/3 on iceman and certainly am one of the fortunate ones (2/8 lifetime on feature pulls) doesn't change the fact that it's pretty devastating to those that put in the same effort and didn't get. I'm of the opinion that skill and hard work should pay off more than it currently does in this game.
  • myPUNCAKEmyPUNCAKE Posts: 359
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    myPUNCAKE wrote: »

For the record I went 1/3 on iceman and certainly am one of the fortunate ones (2/8 lifetime on feature pulls) doesn't change the fact that it's pretty devastating to those that put in the same effort and didn't get. I'm of the opinion that skill and hard work should pay off more than it currently does in this game.

I completely agree, wish they would either lower the cost or make 5* shards even more obtainable, but neither are likely to happen. 5* shards are already much easier to get now
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    I didn't hate the suggestion of just having a high price tag for a select champ, would paying 50k (or whatever) really upset the balance. If anything it would give people what they worked hard to get without getting jacked around on probability. That's a few months of work and since awakening are so scarce and random class you wouldn't have everyone getting the same champs. I'm aware this is 99% never going to happen but it's worth mentioning.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I think for now the concept still has some allure. Come December there will be much less reason to buy this crystal as the basic will have a very solid number of strong champs for the taking swaying people back to the basic crystal over the feature the majority of the time.