**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Aegon Question

DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
So here is something I'm currently pondering: is Aegon an R5 champ or is he better at R4 if you want him for non-LoL purposes? I'm wondering for content like Act 6 or the upcoming new back chapters quest, would be hit TOO hard at R5 that it would be hard to build up his combo meter for boss fights? Thoughts wanted...

Comments

• NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    R5. He was one of my MVPs for finishing 6.1. no such thing as hitting too hard, building combos is a by product, clearing the nodes is the goal.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    But there is hitting too hard when you need his abilities. Example being the 6.1.5 where he was my MVP once he got 300 hits for the Crossbones fight. If you get there without enough of a combo he may not be much good if he doesn't outhit the regen.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    R5 easy. Was easily 6.1.5 mvp which is one of the hardest bosses. Health pools are only going up in future content not down so it shouldn't even be a question
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    6.1 champs have a ton of health. You’ll get your 300+ combo no worries
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Smash said:

6.1 champs have a ton of health. You’ll get your 300+ combo no worries

I've already completed 6.1 and at R4 it was hard to get him to carry over enough combos. At R5 would be even harder
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    That’s the reason I didn’t r5 my sabertooth. After 6-7 furies, I was ending fights before I could get 2. Though, that’s probably not true for act 6. But, like sabertooth and starlord, I’d say aegon is plenty viable at r4. Sure, r5 is better but other champs would benefit a lot more, imo.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    I have Aegon r5/65 each time I've done 6.1.5 with only him. I get to xbones at about 270ish combo.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,014 ★★★★★
    I just r5’d my Aegon. I had a similar concern, but the nice thing is that if you’re just worried about not having the combo at the start of the fight, you’ll get the combo throughout the fight.