**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Iceman taking damage from incinerate

Hey kabam mike, iceman is inmune to all incinerates, but I took damage from the human torch.. just so you guys know

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Think it is on his abilities, something about passive effects that cause energy damage. So, no incinerate there
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    I don’t think IceMan is immune to HT’s Nova Flame effect, so was it that instead?

There were comments in a Mephisto thread that describe Torch's "incinerate" essentially being a non-incinerate, fire-based energy damage. Personally I think it's a garbage technicality that Kabam is undertaking with making "super" versions of damage that bypass immunities.

Next up, super poison that bypass robot immunity... or super coldsnap that bypasses Sabretooth's immunity.

I wonder then if this is energy based damage, would Ultron just heal from it?

Ultron ability works on energy attacks, not abilities that cause energy damage (direct damage, DoT, etc)
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    But, Bishop would, surely, climb up in prowess and power.
    Not sure, I don't have a high ranking one to test.
  • Mr_MMr_M Posts: 35

Next up, super poison that bypass robot immunity...

Uh yeah it's called, nano plague
  • Mr_MMr_M Posts: 35

• rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 572 ★★★
    Dont know nova flame and all but void took no damage from fighting torchy boi. All my other champs took incinerate damage. Dont have iceman to check...
  • Geoqui21Geoqui21 Posts: 55

Nova flame did indeed deal a lot of damage.. that’s just dumb.. inmune to incinerate, but not to “nova flame”.. let’s just call incinerate something else and we’ll make it deal damage to incinerate inmune champs.. smh 🤦🏽‍♂️
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,456 ★★★★
    Geoqui21 said:

Nova flame did indeed deal a lot of damage.. that’s just dumb.. inmune to incinerate, but not to “nova flame”.. let’s just call incinerate something else and we’ll make it deal damage to incinerate inmune champs.. smh 🤦🏽‍♂️

Iceman isn't immune to energy damage.
    Perfectly Working as intended
    Nova flames do not deal incinerate damage, as you can see.
    Just bring someone with a high energy resistance
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    I want a passive immunity champ.......

Immune to or bypasses EVERYTHING
  • Geoqui21Geoqui21 Posts: 55
    He’s down, wasn’t a problem. I just thought the incinerate was dealing damage. And reading apparently nova flame deals energy damage. Thought flame and incinerate would seal same kind of damage. Also my red hulk worked great against him.