**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Archangel's heavy not countering astral evade?

As stated above,Archangel's heavy attack is not countering Mordo's Astral Evade.Tried this out in 5.3.1.Can we have some clarification on this?

Comments

• roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    The three hits heavy itself can’t counter Mordo’s astral evade as it seems to do it, but only its because of the frame rate making it believable that Mordo is countered but originally wasn’t supposed to be. Hope this cleared up?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    There have been issues with his Heavy connecting for as long as I can remember, but nothing about the design suggests he's supposed to bypass Astral Evade.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @ArkhamButcher it's never worked 100% of the time. Seems to me it got a little less reliable several updates ago. I just dueled him though and while it does still work occasionally it isn't reliable enough to be a viable strategy anymore. Obviously if you get some nuerotoxins in him it works. Annoying on one level as they already took away his ability to stun stun immune, but there is no reason why his heavy ought to circumvent astral evade.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I find my 4/55 will work most of the time but in act 6 or later chapters of act 5 it doesn't work as often.
    I put it down to diminishing returns reducing ability accuracy (I'm aware AA shouldn't be able to have his ability accuracy reduced)
  • Arbiter2426Arbiter2426 Posts: 346
    For me it's been working like that every time. Easy content with unawakened archangel
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Yeh AA countered astral evade up unitil last update but no more, reason would be same 'frame rate' if we ask mods! But i m pretty sure its the tweak to animations ,
    Mordo would b coded to put degen n evade first hit after he is stunned so with AA heavy he would evade first hit but before his code goes into degen he gets hit 2nd time ,in turn completely by passing his ability, which was a cool and great interaction,having 1 specific champ to counters BS mechanic of other! But they dnt want it. Poor Drax too!! So many had upgraded drax to 4/55 just to fight mordos in '16 &'17. Wasted t2as n they were far more valuable then they r now
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    I may be wrong but I think his animations were either slightly tweaked or the current update with its bugs just make his movements look weird.
    Take a look at his SP2 when you get a chance.
    His wings used to spread wide open and slice through the opponent (especially the 2nd swing).
    Now they look like the bend down awkwardly as they are about to make contact with the opponent. They still connect but don't look swift.
    Don't know, could be nothing... could be everything.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    Kalantak said:

Yeh AA countered astral evade up unitil last update but no more, reason would be same 'frame rate' if we ask mods! But i m pretty sure its the tweak to animations ,
    Mordo would b coded to put degen n evade first hit after he is stunned so with AA heavy he would evade first hit but before his code goes into degen he gets hit 2nd time ,in turn completely by passing his ability, which was a cool and great interaction,having 1 specific champ to counters BS mechanic of other! But they dnt want it. Poor Drax too!! So many had upgraded drax to 4/55 just to fight mordos in '16 &'17. Wasted t2as n they were far more valuable then they r now

No champ can counter astral evade. Some have been lucky with heavies like AA and X23 but it's never been part of their abilities and its definitely never guaranteed to do so.
  • Rngo27Rngo27 Posts: 7
    This works for me against 1 to 5 * Mordo’s, however it did not work against a 6* Mordo and I was dead immediately.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    A lot of science champs can deal with it using concussion, She-hulk, cap, wasp etc
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★

Kalantak said:

No champ can counter astral evade. Some have been lucky with heavies like AA and X23 but it's never been part of their abilities and its definitely never guaranteed to do so.
    Night thrasher can. But it has to be a skateboard attack. I actually came to the forums about 3 weeks ago asking for a modok to duel to test this myself.
  • Ang3lOfD3athAng3lOfD3ath Posts: 78
    Void will counter astral evade after fotv is up and he gains one anti evade debuff
  • flygamerflygamer Posts: 344 ★★

Kalantak said:

Ummm, what? IMIW will counter every time. Also put a slow debuff on him and evade will fail.