**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

wrong map in alliance war or wrong attribution in alliance war tiers

We are in Tier 6.
We have a war rating of 1.987
Our opponent has a war rating of 1.985

I assume they are also in Tier 6.
Yet, we are playing the "Challenger" map which should be designated for Tier 4 and 5.

I understand that you may happen to play the map of other tiers (f.e. "Normal" if your alliance happen to be in Tier 9 and the opponent is in Tier 10) if your alliance and the opponent share different tiers with different maps. But in our current war, we got almost the same (and slightly higher) war rating as our oppoent and therefore should be in the same or even a higher tier.

Hence i do not understand why we are obligated to play the "Challenger" map.

This would be really concerning for alliance war seasons if two alliances with 3,4x multiplier would have to play the challenger map as it is harder to earn points, yet you do not get the 4x or 4.5x multiplier (like usually if you play the challenger map)

Is it possible that our opponent is in a higher tier though having a lower war rating?

Could it be that we (or our opponent) are ascribed to the wrong tier? *

I'm still awaiting an answer from Kabam what happened in last season when we dropped a tier despited winning and got promoted despite losing...
https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/774440/#Comment_774440