**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Instinctive touch

WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
To borrow from Dave, instinctive touch seems to be impossible lately. By that I mean the AI just seems erratic. Never doing what you expect them to do. They don’t charge, attack, throw heavies or specials when you expect them to. Using specials while you’re blocking… Sometimes they instantly through heavy sometimes they charge them longer. They just sit there blocking for what seems like an eternity …They seem to be charging twice as fast as normal as well so dexing away from them in a reactionary fashion is difficult. I’m getting hit as i’m Dashing back trying to anticipate their charge (to compensate)... list goes on. This isn’t even getting into the “known Bugs”. I don’t think this is my imagination. I haven’t just gotten really bad at this game all of a sudden, have I…?

Comments

• WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    I was also getting pretty good at intercepting and then suddenly the AI started dashing BACK instead of forward or just blocking. Like I said I was getting BETTER but still not great so this one could just be me 🤔
  • LaserjungeLaserjunge Posts: 33
    Exactly this ruins my run against uncollected Void. I became quite good in intercepting, but since the AI changes, all training progress is worthless. This sucks.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

AI changes

Except it’s not supposed to:

• LrrrrLrrrr Posts: 234 ★★
    I took most of Nov-Jan off from playing and it was noticeably different when i came back. It is as if the AI is playing me instead of me playing the AI, which is not how it is supposed to work. And parry almost seems like an RNG than a skill/timing thing now, too.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

What does this show? The AI adapts. Change and adaptation are different.

This shows that AI changes don’t happen intentionally without some kind of notification ahead of time. Nodes like oscillate and aggressive change AI behavior, those fights aren’t relevant to this conversation. Claims about AI tendencies being altered or “adapting” go against previous statements from Kabam.
  • Kaladin_Kaladin_ Posts: 391
    I've noticed the AI changes too. And there a lot more direct damage, mostly unavoidable. I'm not having as much fun these days, I think it my time.
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    WiMak said:

I was also getting pretty good at intercepting and then suddenly the AI started dashing BACK instead of forward or just blocking. Like I said I was getting BETTER but still not great so this one could just be me 🤔

Had this same convo with my brother the other day. I to seriously started practicing intercepting and watched the video by Dorky Dave each time I turned the game on.

Even the MLLM 4 hit strategy has the ai now mostly holding block and sitting back.
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    Recently got 5 star ghost and, while I know she takes a lot to master anyway, no matter how hard I try I can’t replicate the rhythm and strategy of the videos I’ve seen because the AI won’t fight me and retaliate like they are “supposed to“...
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★
    WiMak said:

Recently got 5 star ghost and, while I know she takes a lot to master anyway, no matter how hard I try I can’t replicate the rhythm and strategy of the videos I’ve seen because the AI won’t fight me and retaliate like they are “supposed to“...

It work vs agersiv ai the most but. Ther is just Laen back
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    The "Brute Force" Korg in Uncollected 3.2 was damn near impossible. Supposed to hit him every 6 seconds or take degen damage.

He sat in the corner holding block. Can't hit him with a heavy or take thorns damage. Can't bait by hitting into his block otherwise he goes unstoppable/unblockable. Fight was literally just stand there and watch your champ degen to death while Korg cowered in the corner. If you walk in and dash back, he would have perfect dash attack timing and hit you every time.

Normally Uncollected fights are quite aggressive and landing a hit every 6 seconds isn't a problem. Every single Brute Force fight on that path was painfully passive.
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★

The "Brute Force" Korg in Uncollected 3.2 was damn near impossible. Supposed to hit him every 6 seconds or take degen damage.

He sat in the corner holding block. Can't hit him with a heavy or take thorns damage. Can't bait by hitting into his block otherwise he goes unstoppable/unblockable. Fight was literally just stand there and watch your champ degen to death while Korg cowered in the corner. If you walk in and dash back, he would have perfect dash attack timing and hit you every time.

Normally Uncollected fights are quite aggressive and landing a hit every 6 seconds isn't a problem. Every single Brute Force fight on that path was painfully passive.

This is also my problem... For now i'll skip that path until anything get better. Too much hold block from the AI
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

What does this show? The AI adapts. Change and adaptation are different.

This shows that AI changes don’t happen intentionally without some kind of notification ahead of time. Nodes like oscillate and aggressive change AI behavior, those fights aren’t relevant to this conversation. Claims about AI tendencies being altered or “adapting” go against previous statements from Kabam.
    I'm not exactly sure what to make of that statement by Kabam Miike. If we go by that logic, we must be playing against the same ai that was introduced at the beginning of the game because to the best of my knowledge they never announced anything about ai improvement or adaptation. Do you think that is the case?
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    Instinctive touch sounds like an excuse for sexual harassment lol.
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    Kabam is smart. They just need to look at YouTube or find videos that show how we players defeat AI with ease. Dave’s videos is one of those examples showing how legendary he is during fighting and that’s where kabam maybe outsmarted and decided to make AI more difficult?

I’m not trying to start an conspiracy theories or anything but it would be most logical and understandable why they decide to give AI an buff as we players are evolving more and more