**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Progression

Im just wondering why is content so much harder now then it was 4 yrs ago? Makes it damn near impossible for us mid lvl players to progress and eventually give up on this game. Back then every character that was released was pretty straightforward but now everyone is unblockable unstoppable immune to everything and laggy. Make the game playable again kabam.

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019

Im just wondering why is content so much harder now then it was 4 yrs ago? Makes it damn near impossible for us mid lvl players to progress and eventually give up on this game. Back then every character that was released was pretty straightforward but now everyone is unblockable unstoppable immune to everything and laggy. Make the game playable again kabam.

It had to progress or people will get bored but it is really no harder if you have evolved with the game
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    It got harder cause the champs just keep getting more powerful. 4s are now so powerful they dropped a gate to keep us at bay! 4s as powerful as the early 5s sooo...it is harder for those at the top to get to use their 5s and 6s and have some challenge! Fair enough! Right enough! But making all new content for them or the bottom??? Kabam has a serious problem with "scale".
  • Options
    And with "BALANCE!"
  • Options
    Everything is scaling up! Including difficulty!
  • Options
    Rap said:

It got harder cause the champs just keep getting more powerful. 4s are now so powerful they dropped a gate to keep us at bay! 4s as powerful as the early 5s sooo...it is harder for those at the top to get to use their 5s and 6s and have some challenge! Fair enough! Right enough! But making all new content for them or the bottom??? Kabam has a serious problem with "scale".

90% of the new content is for mid tier players, something you just refuse to recognize while you complain that the new content is not tailored just to and for you specifically.
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    4 years ago you could button mash your way through content with sw now you have to look a little more into your roster and find counters for the new and more tricky nodes. The opponents haven't really changed all that much. If you do arena you realize its mostly the nodes making questing more challenging
  • Options
    But this is all because the top chose to skip ranking so many champs that kabam is now forcing us to raise them against our will...because top Alliance members saw no value in any but a mear handful of champs the rest of us are now behind a gate and being told rank up the 5s or quit!
  • Options
    Rap said:

But this is all because the top chose to skip ranking so many champs that kabam is now forcing us to raise them against our will...because top Alliance members saw no value in any but a mear handful of champs the rest of us are now behind a gate and being told rank up the 5s or quit!

I dont think kabam has every said they want you to rank all your champions evenly, once again you are misrepresenting what the developers want you to do so that it can allign with what you want to do. You want to blame everyone else fore your choices, but yourself.
  • Options
    Most of the community ranked the God tier champs. This has been the case since the introduction of 4*s. Recently kabam has been putting hard counters into the game to force people to use a more diverse group of champs. This started with act 5.3 and has become a much harder gate with the introduction of act 6 and variant
  • Options
    Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Rap said:

Your rants are getting more and more incoherent each passing day.
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    4 years ago ROL was hard, taking down Wolverine with a 3* SL and a 700-1000 hit streak was hard (I used 3* BW max sig o_O). Back then we used different synergies (perfect block, willpower).
    The game has changed since then and though I agree that unblockable & unstoppable seem to be overwhelmingly present lately, especially in new characters and new challenges, I don't agree that it hinders progression.
    There are ways around those nodes, counters, strategies which require some thinking & practise.
  • Options
    No they don't expect us to rank them all, not all! But way more than the top wanted to in the past. And some of those whose reputations have been destoryed by top tier bad mouthing like Hulk Buster, Etc.
    And i would like to make a plea to you summoners at the top! REJOIN this community! Start supporting summoners in tiers lower than your own! Quit coming in here and dumping on other players feelings and concerns with your petty bulling comments. Once back in the long ago times this WAS a community! Until real "tiers" began to emerge and suddenly nothing, that didn't specifically impact, and concern the top was valid or worth supporting as far as they were concerned. Gentleman please tell us below you why? Why are you unwilling to support anyone but your fellow tier members and yourselves. Particularly when itnis something that will have no negative impact on your tier and often would help everyone.
  • Options
    To paraphrase Shakespeare, "upon what meat doth the top teir feed? That it is grown so great?"
  • Options
    DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    The concept of there being "mid tier" or "average" players seem pretty abstract to me. One either can play and is good, or cannot play and needs to git gud. What would average player look like? "oh I can evade that special pretty consistently, 2 out of 3 tries"? That's git gud tier, not average
  • Options
    LoL not talking average players and thats the point! You don't get to 641k being average! You don't rank in the top 10 percent of 3 out of 5 arenas every cycle you decide to seriously grind being average! I am talking about...please clean ypur glasses!...until two months ago i had no reason to believe it was a mistake to invest in my 4s stars. Therefore, i invested a great deal of time and effort into them! All the while unaware that very shortly i could no longer play a large prortion of this game with them. That the material up ahead and even special events and quests would be designed to lock ke out! I got 5 stars and some good ones! But but not enough that i was ready to invest in them! In fact i considered playing with them at r2 until i could skip over them all together and obviously kabam doesn't like that idea! some sense! Here is an example of "this is your fault!" We have now two really solid champs in Ghost and Wasp and sandwiched in between and the only champ to create 5 synergies between them? The guy we all came to love after he was slammed and slammed and sold off and ignored...Antman! And again skill has nothing to do with having xl 5 star champs...or what? You didn't have any skills when you only had 4s? Glad those 5s gave you some! You must have needed the size! That is what you are implying! That no one under your level has skills??? Do i need to remind you you were once below your current level? Sorry to here you had no skills back then! But i certainly do!
  • Options
    In fact kabam was pushing 4 star rank up bundles a week before all this dropped so yeah pardon me if i just consider you wind! One with a foul odor...
  • Options
    And may i point out! That just by virtue of being in the top 10 percent of any arena...i have proven i am above average! Or your math is poor and you do not understand that the top 10 percent IS above average?
  • Options
    Rap said:

LoL not talking average players and thats the point! You don't get to 641k being average! You don't rank in the top 10 percent of 3 out of 5 arenas every cycle you decide to seriously grind being average! I am talking about...please clean ypur glasses!...until two months ago i had no reason to believe it was a mistake to invest in my 4s stars. Therefore, i invested a great deal of time and effort into them! All the while unaware that very shortly i could no longer play a large prortion of this game with them. That the material up ahead and even special events and quests would be designed to lock ke out! I got 5 stars and some good ones! But but not enough that i was ready to invest in them! In fact i considered playing with them at r2 until i could skip over them all together and obviously kabam doesn't like that idea! some sense! Here is an example of "this is your fault!" We have now two really solid champs in Ghost and Wasp and sandwiched in between and the only champ to create 5 synergies between them? The guy we all came to love after he was slammed and slammed and sold off and ignored...Antman! And again skill has nothing to do with having xl 5 star champs...or what? You didn't have any skills when you only had 4s? Glad those 5s gave you some! You must have needed the size! That is what you are implying! That no one under your level has skills??? Do i need to remind you you were once below your current level? Sorry to here you had no skills back then! But i certainly do!

If you are a full 4 year player then yes you do get there being average. and yes, even when I left the game a year and a half ago I knew then it was a bad idea to invest in 4*s, just like I know now that it is a bad idea to invest in 5*s if I can invest in 6*s...

Again, only one perm quest locks you one, ONE, UNO!

And again you dont need XL champs to do that content, you dont even have to have 5* champs.

I am saying YOU dont have the skills you claim you do. You cannot do the same content others are doing with your claimed roster.
  • Options
    Rap said:

And may i point out! That just by virtue of being in the top 10 percent of any arena...i have proven i am above average! Or your math is poor and you do not understand that the top 10 percent IS above average?

The top 10% of arena does not mean you have skill, it means you have a large pool of champs and the time to play. once you get the "infinite streak" all fights are easy. Let me know when you get in a gold 1 or plat or better alliance. Let me know when you have 100% completed act 5 (I see you are ranking up blade and starky after attacking others for using them). Let me know when you complete variant. From your comments and your knowledge, skill wise you seem to be below average.
  • Options

If you explored all pieces of content that allows 4* champs and you still don't have a proper 5* roster, I don't really know what to tell you. Maybe use that average but still giant 5* roster all that content nessecarily results in to easily cash in a 5* crystal every few weeks through casual arena play alone?

If you didn't do that, then why the f are you even talking about act 6 and it's requirements...?

he hasnt, he just comes here to whine about how he cannot beat everything without units, and how content is not tailored specifically to his skill level..
  • Options
    One thing that has really frustrated me is players talking about the act 6 gate when they are far from being able to even enter act 6. If you haven't completed act 5 or in your case @Rap haven't even become uncollected it doesn't really affect you. You have time to adjust where you are putting your resources for rankings so you will be prepared for act 6 when you get there. Also as an arena grinder myself I switched my ranking material over to 5 and 6* champs long ago to allow me to complete in multiple arenas. You dont need all your 4*s to be rank 4 and up to complete in the 4 or 5* arena but if you seriously want to get anywhere in the 5-6* arena you need multiple rank 3 and up 5*s to do it. This also allows you to complete difficulties beginners through master with just auto fight removing the progression difficulty that you are talking about. As far as the top tier guys being condescending I think that is because they are constantly seeing posts saying things need to be nerfed or where is the mid tier content. If you want help getting past content you are finding difficult the post should be asking for help not demanding the content get easier
  • Options
    57R34K_the_MERC57R34K_the_MERC Posts: 23
    edited April 2019
    I am an experienced, end-game player and have very little issues with any content; however, I truly believe mid-tier players are getting the short end of the stick. Here is why:

Master event quest is 20x harder than it used to be (same for uncollected). When master first came out, I could do it fairly easily with poorly chosen 3*s even though I was an amateur. Now, it takes immense concentration and sometimes a lot of luck to 100% master with carefully selected 3*s. On top of that, master rewards aren't even comparable to uncollected. There's a HUGE gap here without a huge increase in difficulty.

This opinion is coming from someone who started over from scratch. My new account will be one year old next month and I am cavalier, 100% variant, and will soon be 100% variant 2 and act6.

I'm certain there are other reasons, but this is the one that stands out the most to me.
  • Options
    ShoNoMercyxxShoNoMercyxx Posts: 47
    I see alot of you high tier guys talking down on us mid level players like you guys are so superior. Let me remind you guys was once low lvl and mid tier like us and the content was easier back then I know for a fact it was because I played it when it first came out but lost my account info, so I recently made a new one. So don't try that the content is not harder bull **** with me because I played the game back then. I don't want the game to be easier I just want it to be manageable like it used to be. To everyone saying git gud skill doesn't even matter anymore because kabam make sure no matter how good you are u gotta spend money in order to beat certain content and that's facts.
  • Options

I see alot of you high tier guys talking down on us mid level players like you guys are so superior. Let me remind you guys was once low lvl and mid tier like us and the content was easier back then I know for a fact it was because I played it when it first came out but lost my account info, so I recently made a new one. So don't try that the content is not harder bull **** with me because I played the game back then. I don't want the game to be easier I just want it to be manageable like it used to be. To everyone saying git gud skill doesn't even matter anymore because kabam make sure no matter how good you are u gotta spend money in order to beat certain content and that's facts.

I dont talk down to mid level players, I talk down to @Rap because he likes to act smug and superior, while lying about his abilities.

content was easier back then, but in all games challenges have to arrise and you have to learn to overcome them, if they dont make new and ever more challenging content then the game will stagnate, they will lose revnue, and eventually the game will die. If you adapt to the game then the content should stay at the same difficulty level, if you dont adapt then you will fall behind with the harder content. You will note none here said "git gud", and no you dont have to spend units, that is a falsehood, but you do have to have great skill not to spend units.
  • Options

I am an experienced, end-game player and have very little issues with any content; however, I truly believe mid-tier players are getting the short end of the stick. Here is why:

Master event quest is 20x harder than it used to be (same for uncollected). When master first came out, I could do it fairly easily with poorly chosen 3*s even though I was an amateur. Now, it takes immense concentration and sometimes a lot of luck to 100% master with carefully selected 3*s. On top of that, master rewards aren't even comparable to uncollected. There's a HUGE gap here without a huge increase in difficulty.

This opinion is coming from someone who started over from scratch. My new account will be one year old next month and I am cavalier, 100% variant, and will soon be 100% variant 2 and act6.

I'm certain there are other reasons, but this is the one that stands out the most to me.

mod tier players are not using 3*s, that would be lower tier, and the rewards are compatible when you realize that 5*s and 6*s require 5 times as many shards as 4*s
  • Options
    I agree and concede from where i am to that gate i have time to prepare! But kabam is not helping to (what i believe) is right a wrong as far as these new "Variant" and classic materials, and with the bottom getting a rediculous amount of boosting we never had, and material coming.out that is either too easy or we can't even qualify for based on the choices we made in a totally different game than it is now.
  • Options
    ShoNoMercyxxShoNoMercyxx Posts: 47
    To everyone defending the 4* ban maybe if kabam would've warned us sooner about the ban then ppl would've been more prepared and used their resources more towards 5 and 6stars. I see common sense is not so common anymore.