**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

My 6.1 100% exploration rewards didnt come?

Just finished my last 2x passes of 6.6 for 100% exploration. Pressing so i can r5 another champ to boost my alliance base prestige for the start of Aq. And just finished my last pass and all i get is a checkmark on the quest tab? No rewards. This is very discouraging considering what was put into this to be completed!

Comments

• Options
    JUICE313JUICE313 Posts: 26
    Before Aq be nice?
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    It's a weekend, I wouldn't expect it to be fixed before Monday.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

You'd think that they would have someone capable of doing something to address issues or speak intelligently to them every day. This is a multi-billion dollar property and a top money earner, not Clem's Part-time Cat Groomery.
  • Options

ItsDamien said:

You'd think that they would have someone capable of doing something to address issues or speak intelligently to them every day. This is a multi-billion dollar property and a top money earner, not Clem's Part-time Cat Groomery.
    I worked for several multi billion companies, who are much much much larger than Kabam and guess what... They work Monday - Friday. Because they're human and need time to rest. And yes those companies were both in and out of the games industry. Just suck it up and accept that it's the weekend.
  • Options
    Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★

ItsDamien said:

Yeah plenty of other jobs have people that work on the weekends or even ones that generally close on the weekends have a rotating schedule of people on standby for the weekends in case something comes up, which I’m sure they do at least for cases of the servers going down. On one hand, it’s just a delay of several days for rewards that we’re still getting in the end. On the other hand, it’s pretty crappy for people to push and grind through 6.1, whether it was completion or exploration, and have to wait several days to get the rewards they earned. Some specifically pushed for it yesterday to make rank up decisions, based on what they get(champ, rank up gem, catalysts), while the level up event was on and with AQ starting today. Some may have even chosen to spend units on items to get it done yesterday as opposed to backing out/trying again or grinding for potions and getting it done over the course of the weekend. The point is that the expectation of getting rewards immediately or shortly after completion/exploration affected decisions made.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

I worked for several multi billion companies, who are much much much larger than Kabam and guess what... They work Monday - Friday. Because they're human and need time to rest. And yes those companies were both in and out of the games industry. Just suck it up and accept that it's the weekend.
    I didn't think I needed to say that Thursday - Monday workweeks, salaried employees, weekend shifts, and weekend management on call are a thing at large and small companies, especially when they operate a complex, all hours, continuous, worldwide service. Whenever the game is being played, someone should be actively working or readily available to actively work at a moments notice. Miike saying he's taking it to the team could be as little as a post-it on someone's desk that they won't see until Tuesday. When there are legit problems (actual Kabam-side issues and not a failure to read), Kabam Middle Manager should weigh in quickly so we can be assured somewhat that something is actually being done.
  • Options

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

I didn't think I needed to say that Thursday - Monday workweeks, salaried employees, weekend shifts, and weekend management on call are a thing at large and small companies, especially when they operate a complex, all hours, continuous, worldwide service. Whenever the game is being played, someone should be actively working or readily available to actively work at a moments notice. Miike saying he's taking it to the team could be as little as a post-it on someone's desk that they won't see until Tuesday. When there are legit problems (actual Kabam-side issues and not a failure to read), Kabam Middle Manager should weigh in quickly so we can be assured somewhat that something is actually being done.
    Yes, but most of that is merely a maintainence team that makes sure the servers are running, not actual developers who work with the code or the game. There are many different departments that deal with different aspects of the game, and most of the game dev team will work from Monday to Friday, it just is what it is.

As for Middle Management, or in this case A Community Manager, weighing in, perhaps you should check the pinned topics. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/133651/known-issue-missing-act-6-chapter-1-rewards#latest

It's been acknowledged and passed on, which means something will be done. When that happens depends on when the main game development teams are back in work. So no matter how many countless topics are made, and there's already at least 7 of them, everyone will have to wait regardless.
  • Options
    Goblin0427Goblin0427 Posts: 20
    It just shows their lack interest on customer services and player base happiness! If they know they have a buggy system, then work ahead of it and have teams ready to operate 24/7! It’s a multi billion company, we all rest on weekends, but then hire a team for weekends only! The world and the game doesn’t stop on weekends! It’s probably at its max!!
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Yes, but most of that is merely a maintainence team that makes sure the servers are running, not actual developers who work with the code or the game. There are many different departments that deal with different aspects of the game, and most of the game dev team will work from Monday to Friday, it just is what it is.

As for Middle Management, or in this case A Community Manager, weighing in, perhaps you should check the pinned topics. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/133651/known-issue-missing-act-6-chapter-1-rewards#latest

It's been acknowledged and passed on, which means something will be done. When that happens depends on when the main game development teams are back in work. So no matter how many countless topics are made, and there's already at least 7 of them, everyone will have to wait regardless.
    A maintenance crew running weekends to keep the lights on and pushing everything else until Monday isn't enough when you have constant problems unless your company has given up and settles for just being OK.

Miike's comment actually meaning that things are getting done gets the Razzest of Berries and an eye-roll.

Of course we will have to wait for Kabam to do something, people are posting to prod Kabam into a sense of urgency about fixing something other than bugs in the players favor.
  • Options

It just shows their lack interest on customer services and player base happiness! If they know they have a buggy system, then work ahead of it and have teams ready to operate 24/7! It’s a multi billion company, we all rest on weekends, but then hire a team for weekends only! The world and the game doesn’t stop on weekends! It’s probably at its max!!

Unfortunately that's just not how the gaming industry works. You just have to be patient like everyone else waiting for the issues they're experiencing to be resolved.
  • Options
    JUICE313JUICE313 Posts: 26
    Thats rediculous. Be patient? What is this a **** loan station? They gonna start giving us odins on fridays and pay them by monday or whenever its convenient for us? Hands down this **** shouldnt happen.
  • Options
    It’s pretty obvious Damien works for Kabam or he/she would be more sympathetic towards the people who this issue affects. If this was an issue that caused Kabam to loose money you know full well regardless of it being a weekend things would be fixed. No their priority is to ensure paid offers go out on time rather than fix the serious bug that affects the small amount of summoners who they clearly don’t care about. I would like to be proven wrong however the lack of communication speaks volumes.
    I am a developer myself so I know if a bug is required in production in an app and affecting customers , whether you are billion dollar company or not, you help your customers. Kabam seems to think that us users will be customers all the time and that complacency will soon hit them in the pocket.
  • Options
    I suggest if it’s not resolved soon, we simply escalate to apple or google as if you spent money purchasing units to help complete part of the game and didn’t get rewards then that is fraud. If this was on Xbox or PlayStation, would this be acceptable? If it was on Nintendo switch would it be acceptable?
    Compensation and our due rewards is the only way to resolve the situation now
  • Options

It’s pretty obvious Damien works for Kabam or he/she would be more sympathetic towards the people who this issue affects. If this was an issue that caused Kabam to loose money you know full well regardless of it being a weekend things would be fixed. No their priority is to ensure paid offers go out on time rather than fix the serious bug that affects the small amount of summoners who they clearly don’t care about. I would like to be proven wrong however the lack of communication speaks volumes.
    I am a developer myself so I know if a bug is required in production in an app and affecting customers , whether you are billion dollar company or not, you help your customers. Kabam seems to think that us users will be customers all the time and that complacency will soon hit them in the pocket.

I wish I worked for Kabam, but I'm not moving to a different continent to work for any company.

The reason that when a bug that involves real life money transactions happen and need to be fixed, is that there is backlash from either Apple or Google depending on which service the customer used, and that can pull them out of favour with those platforms. While this is a serious bug, and it has been addressed that it's being looked into, if you wanted more and direct information you can always try the Support team who are there almost 24/7. Being a developer yourself, you should know that most developers do not work 24/7. I mean are you working right this second? I highly doubt it.

I suggest if it’s not resolved soon, we simply escalate to apple or google as if you spent money purchasing units to help complete part of the game and didn’t get rewards then that is fraud. If this was on Xbox or PlayStation, would this be acceptable? If it was on Nintendo switch would it be acceptable?
    Compensation and our due rewards is the only way to resolve the situation now

You can try and get in contact with Apple oor Google for spending money on units to complete it, but your case would be closed almost immediately. When you purchase units, and you receive those units, that is the end of that transaction. The purchasing of any digital item to help complete content within a game, that you then do not receive, is not fraud. You purchased the in game currency, you received the in game currency, the transaction is completed. What you do with that in game currency is down to you.

If this was on Xbox or Playstation, or even the Switch, neither Nintendo, Microsoft, or Sony, would be able to do anything about it, as they are merely the platform on which the game is used on. Any in game issues are resolved in house, with either the publisher or developer.

Sorry to break it to you, but no, I do not have sympathy for anyone who believes that all issues, as soon as they're discovered by the community, should be fixed immediately, especially on weekends when most Games Developers do not work.
  • Options
    VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★

Don’t waste your time with this dude. He’s just another grounded wisdom that will always find an excuse for Kabam.
  • Options
    ReeseSmith14ReeseSmith14 Posts: 89
    Hes posted in every act 6 forum...dude sucks
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    VTA92 said:

Don’t waste your time with this dude. He’s just another grounded wisdom that will always find an excuse for Kabam.
    Why do you feel the need to bring me into this?
    Damien does not work for Kabam, and reading his responses, there's not much that's contradictory or insensitive in that. It seems that he's just stating the facts for the most part.
    Any of us that have played for a number of years know that Staff is limited on the weekends. It's been that way for some time. They have people working to keep things going, and in the event of a game-breaking issue, more are called in. That's just simple observations.
    While I understand that people are upset, this is not a game-breaking issue. It may offend people to hear that, but that's true nonetheless.
    They've stated that they're working on it, and Miike assured people that they will get the Rewards they've earned no matter what, so I see very little productivity in deconstructing others. It's going to take at least until they get back in tomorrow.
    Please don't drag me into disagreements I'm not a part of. Hating on me will not get your Rewards any faster than hating on Damien.
  • Options

VTA92 said:

Why do you feel the need to bring me into this?
    Damien does not work for Kabam, and reading his responses, there's not much that's contradictory or insensitive in that. It seems that he's just stating the facts for the most part.
    Any of us that have played for a number of years know that Staff is limited on the weekends. It's been that way for some time. They have people working to keep things going, and in the event of a game-breaking issue, more are called in. That's just simple observations.
    While I understand that people are upset, this is not a game-breaking issue. It may offend people to hear that, but that's true nonetheless.
    They've stated that they're working on it, and Miike assured people that they will get the Rewards they've earned no matter what, so I see very little productivity in deconstructing others. It's going to take at least until they get back in tomorrow.
    Please don't drag me into disagreements I'm not a part of. Hating on me will not get your Rewards any faster than hating on Damien.
    TL:DR
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    I don't think it's required. That was a pretty simplified comment.
  • Options
    Bestjohn77Bestjohn77 Posts: 6
    I completed 100% of ACT 6.1 and found that no 100% exploration award was awarded. I was very frustrated. Write to Kabam and tell me in reply that the problem was transferred to the technical department, and then there was no reply. We hope that kabam will give clear incentive time.
  • Options
    ErbinusErbinus Posts: 12
    Patience, people need to learn more patience. I also did not receive my rewards but I am being patient because they will fix this so everyone else just be patient they don’t fix that kinda stuff on the weekends they have families to people.
  • Options
    KincardineKincardine Posts: 25
    If we all simply made a support ticket and remained quiet and "patient" then nothing would happen. The reason people keep posting on this forum despite already knowing this won't get resolved right away is because it is required in order to get anything done. The more we post the more likely Kabam is to make it a priority.

I also agree that ItsDamien is trolling (dunno if its on behalf of Kabam). All weekend he would post a reply immediately after anyone posted a problem with their rewards. I don't disagree with ItsDamien's posts but it is trolling none the less.
  • Options

If we all simply made a support ticket and remained quiet and "patient" then nothing would happen. The reason people keep posting on this forum despite already knowing this won't get resolved right away is because it is required in order to get anything done. The more we post the more likely Kabam is to make it a priority.

I also agree that ItsDamien is trolling (dunno if its on behalf of Kabam). All weekend he would post a reply immediately after anyone posted a problem with their rewards. I don't disagree with ItsDamien's posts but it is trolling none the less.

Trolling? No. But as you stated, the reason why people keep posting is to get this resolved faster. I only the other hand reply to every post with the same reason and logic, in the hopes that people eventually understand that while this is a problem, creating several topics on it, and demanding it be fixed on weekends is unreasonable and not how games companies work.

Kabam is already aware of the issue. People instead of spamming the forums, have gone through the support ticket process and now it's aware internally, as well as been acknowledged on the forums, that it needs to be fixed. But again, most people screeching about it on a weekend, isn't going to make any developer appear and fix the issue on their days off. Just won't happen.
  • Options
    Shahriar_KM10Shahriar_KM10 Posts: 34
    Do you guys get act 6.1 reward... I still not pathetic
  • Options

Do you guys get act 6.1 reward... I still not pathetic

Nope.
  • Options
    Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    We are aware of the issue and will have the rewards to everyone as soon as possible.
This discussion has been closed.