**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

April 2019 Uncollected Korg on Brute Force + my suggestion

bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
As well all know, an awaken Korg is really an annoying to fight against.
Personally, I don't find it annoying to put one of him in Uncollected.
Ok, let's stop right there. That alone is still not a problem once you've enough practice against him.
Cool. Now let's add Brute Force node on him. Also, make Korg passive.

What do we get now?
•You need to be aggressive to avoid the node damage that eventually will kill you if you don't land a hit.
•You will need to hit Korg when he is blocking which then will give him crowd excitement which then will make him Unstoppable and Unblockable.

What happens now is like a suicidal mission where you need to be aggressive BUT with a passive AI, you can rarely do your interception.
So, you have no choice but to dash back and dash in to hit him with a medium a few times which resulting you to get a lot of damage as it's part of Korg's Sig ability. Now the fight is really becoming a 'fun' and 'interactive' with unavoidable damage.
Overall, it really is a fight that favors Korg's action RNG over players' skill.

What would make the fight less stressful?
Give one node that benefits the players.
Maybe a node that will give a small amount of regen to players for each of their successful hit.
Players will definitely love that and also becoming a bit more skill based to fight Korg on that node.

I hope the devs learn their mistake and fix it in the future

Comments

• Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I didn’t really see anything wrong with this node, pretty easy Uc this month.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    That korg was bad, but it was the only enemy in this month uc eq that I had to revive to get past through, so whatever
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I spent more units on that one fight than I did on the rest of exploring the map.

You really have to have an energy-based attacker for that fight, but even then Korg was so passive that the Brute Force node would kill you while he cowered in the corner.

Couldn't hit into his block to bait him without raising his crowd excitement.
    Couldn't heavy attack without taking rock shield/thorns damage (or without taking a 5-hit combo to the face).
    Couldn't wait out his block without taking Brute Force degen damage.

At the end of it, I just bought my way through it. Fought like I would any other fight and just took the rock-shield damage until I died. Rotate to next champ, repeat until team was dead, revive and repeat until Korg died.

Definitely not "fun and interactive" content...
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Not everyone finds this quest easy lol
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    The ai is not acting normally the passive ai thread is already listed under bugs and known issues. I don't think this was an intended interaction this month
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    Yeah it was a bs fight. Had to revive team to get passed him.
  • SkkcSkkc Posts: 110
    That b*tch korg just stood there while I took degen dmg. He was too defensive and there was no defensive node. Kabam trying make that extra money. Greed just never ends.
  • SkkcSkkc Posts: 110
    Dshu said:

The ai is not acting normally the passive ai thread is already listed under bugs and known issues. I don't think this was an intended interaction this month

Yup This wasn’t “intended”. However if this bug was helping us, if would have been fixed day one
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    If you can’t deal with passive AI it’s on you.. lol

As well all know, an awaken Korg is really an annoying to fight against.
    Personally, I don't find it annoying to put one of him in Uncollected.
    Ok, let's stop right there. That alone is still not a problem once you've enough practice against him.
    Cool. Now let's add Brute Force node on him. Also, make Korg passive.

What do we get now?
    •You need to be aggressive to avoid the node damage that eventually will kill you if you don't land a hit.
    •You will need to hit Korg when he is blocking which then will give him crowd excitement which then will make him Unstoppable and Unblockable.

What happens now is like a suicidal mission where you need to be aggressive BUT with a passive AI, you can rarely do your interception.
    So, you have no choice but to dash back and dash in to hit him with a medium a few times which resulting you to get a lot of damage as it's part of Korg's Sig ability. Now the fight is really becoming a 'fun' and 'interactive' with unavoidable damage.
    Overall, it really is a fight that favors Korg's action RNG over players' skill.

What would make the fight less stressful?
    Give one node that benefits the players.
    Maybe a node that will give a small amount of regen to players for each of their successful hit.
    Players will definitely love that and also becoming a bit more skill based to fight Korg on that node.

I hope the devs learn their mistake and fix it in the future

- That node is called Life Transfer.
    - It’s already more skill based with Brute Force.
    - If you’re having issues with passive AI + brute force then you might probably not have reached the skill level required yet.

Just saying.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    @xNig perhaps you could shed some light as to how to properly address a passive Korg with Brute Force?
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Only team revive this month was on tier korg.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    I think Bane might help

@xNig perhaps you could shed some light as to how to properly address a passive Korg with Brute Force?

Wanted to record but that korg is really far into the path and I’m expecting comments like “Oh you only need a 5* Void or Magik or Corvus or SymSup etc”.

I took him down with Magik, like other Korgs. Lol.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Wanted to record but that korg is really far into the path and I’m expecting comments like “Oh you only need a 5* Void or Magik or Corvus or SymSup etc”.

Some day I'll get around to r5ing my Magik

xNig said:

Some day I'll get around to r5ing my Magik
    She's worth it bro. My first R5 and never regretted a moment of it. Been using her to solo Korg, Domino, Dorm, Medusa, Champion etc bosses for a long long time.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    It's funny to see some people comments that are really not useful at all.
    "You're just not skilled enough".

A childish comment will always make my day 'cause it describes what kind of person you are. Bravo. Got me a chuckle there mate
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    Same here, i tried about 8 times with 3 20% revives at the 8th reps... I use my iceman, coldsnap and frostbite help me put dots.

It's funny to see some people comments that are really not useful at all.
    "You're just not skilled enough".

A childish comment will always make my day 'cause it describes what kind of person you are. Bravo. Got me a chuckle there mate

Agree with you there mate. Totally described the opening post.
  • SlimeballSlimeball Posts: 340 ★★
    just use sabretooth with killmonger synergy , easy solo
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Slimeball said:

just use sabretooth with killmonger synergy , easy solo

Great recommendation! Thanks