**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should I continue to max 3* and how many (arena linked)?

winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,734 ★★★★★
edited July 2017 in Strategy and Tips
I just managed (first time) to clear all the milestone in the basic champ arena. Finished in the 11% bracket with less than 1.6m points. In fact, it was the first time I tried to have a real go on this event.

Lost count of how many round of fights needed since there is no win counters (not win streak). Just restarting fight after losing but I did notice it was somewhere around round 13.

It is a real grind but I was happy with the units and battlechips (about 60k) won. Not so excited that it took so long. I am unlikely to try it again in the weeks and months to come unless I am able to beef up my champ roster.

To make it easier (like I can do fifty rounds and clear all milestones for the Summoner Trials' somewhat with ease), what can I do and how to tell I can roughly make it to 50 rounds (is it sufficient?) hitting all milestones?

Or maybe I should avoid basic champ arena and just work till I can clear the 3* featured?

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,734 ★★★★★
    By chance, I got past round 20 and into the infinite streak, used arena boosts and won my very first 4* basic champ.

I see the trick now and next step will be to find an option to reduce grind time.
  • Depends on your bracket. Since the cut off for BP was 2.2 million for vets you must be in either intermediate or beginner. It's based on account age. 30 days is beginner, 30-60 is intermediate then you're stuck in the vet bracket.

So yes absolutely try and hit 1 million on every basic you can now. You won't be able to get the Hyperion or Voodoo level champs but almost every single one is within reach for you. I wish I took better advantage of that system when I had the chance.

Tips I can give are to save your units and +50% boosts. The fastest way is to use a boost on each of your strongest 3 champs, or 2 if you're sandbagging it, and then just spend the 5 units to keep refreshing their cool down times.

Also google "arena cutoffs". There's an updated spreadsheet which covers past cut offs for champions even in your bracket. That way you have an idea of how much you need to put in before committing to it.