Options

Maintenance

Mqc19Mqc19 Posts: 370 ★★★
Is there a scheduled maintenance tonight to fix all the bugs?

Comments

• Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    They fix bugs? Not the kabam I know does
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,282 ★★★★★
    Maintenance is typically for work they need to do on the server. Some things may be resolved, but issues that are deeper need to be worked into the Build. I'm not sure where people started believing that Maintenance was to fix all bugs, but it's usually upkeep.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Maintenance is typically for work they need to do on the server. Some things may be resolved, but issues that are deeper need to be worked into the Build. I'm not sure where people started believing that Maintenance was to fix all bugs, but it's usually upkeep.

I think it's people thinking that Maintenance and Patching are the same thing. Patching something changes and/or fixes problems. Maintenance is to make sure that the things that make the game run, are still doing that.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,282 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

I think it's people thinking that Maintenance and Patching are the same thing. Patching something changes and/or fixes problems. Maintenance is to make sure that the things that make the game run, are still doing that.
    Yep. Some things server-side can be resolved during Maintenance, but it's when they need to take the server down to work on it. That can be upkeep, adding data, or some type of emergency issue.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Yep. Some things server-side can be resolved during Maintenance, but it's when they need to take the server down to work on it. That can be upkeep, adding data, or some type of emergency issue.
    Definitely. In most online games they state that its specifically Server Maintenance so people understand that it's not something that a user will have to think about downloading. When a patch or a hotfix comes in, it usually involves a Client side download to install. Just hope someone finds this informations useful lol