**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Please Consider Better Response To New Champs That Are Bugged

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
I've thought a great deal about whether or not to post this, but I need to say something in as constructive a manner as possible because my frustration has come to another head, and I don't want to let it get me to the same place as the last time. I was actually prepared to walk away from the game during the Darkhawk ordeal. I was at the point where I felt that the existence of major bugs in content that was left for the month was reason to reconsider my patronage. I know that a fix was pushed that had somewhat success, but it was still very much bugged for me. I just hit a breaking point.
It was a really painful time for me. I love the game, probably more than I should considering it's a game. However, I have a great deal of appreciation and respect for both the Staff that have been kind to me on here, the Developers, and the connections with those in the game. When all was said and done, I decided to stay because of the connections I've made, and I'm grateful I hadn't reacted too rashly. I'm happy to say I'm still here.
However, this month triggered somewhat of the same feelings because the Human Torch Fight is extremely bugged. The Special 2 will freeze your controls in place, and make it impossible to Evade, and there are sporadic speeds that will quite literally force hits onto you. Now, I've been patient this month, having done every Difficulty, of every Bounty, and fought him numerous times in EQ, in Heroic, Master, and Uncollected, but the amount of stress it's caused as a result of the performance issues is great. I've literally had to sit down and restart Bounties 10, 15, 20 times. I spent some Units on Uncollected, but I don't mind Resources. They can be replaced. The larger concern for me is the stress.
I love this game a great deal, but I have to ask that you try and have a better response time towards Champs that are bugged in EQ. An entire month is a long time to have to deal with content that's really not cooperative. It creates so much undue stress, and in a mode like EQ, where we have to do it over and over, this just makes an infuriating experience for 4 weeks.
I'm not as reactive this time, but I owed it to myself to add the suggestion because I'm somewhat frustrated with having to do the same Fight over and over that is most definitely not working properly. This content is something we have to deal with for a month, over and over to Exploration, and I think it's imperative to the experience that in the event some other issue arises like this, that it becomes a priority to find a fix for. It's very frustrating as a User to have to deal with it until the next Patch, then the EQ is over, and it's on to the next.
Thanks for listening.

Comments

• Options
    AdiMukh555AdiMukh555 Posts: 756 ★★★
    Main reason why I use starky to evade his specials :)
    PS, to evade his sp2 you've to dash back when he starts coming towards you not before, otherwise he'll hit you :)
  • Options

I've Evaded it a few times, not when it's buggy. You can't escape it, it freezes you. Same way Darkhawk was bugged. That's my point. I'm not concerned with how to deal with him, I've been managing. My issue is the response time for new Champs that are bugged. I don't think it's fair to have to wade through it all month. It's content that needs to be done repeatedly.

I agree about the lag
  • Options
    It's really hard for me to be critical or assertive. I'm a bit of a die-hard with this game. I try to be an optimist. Sometimes, you need to speak up, though. Just looks a little different when I do it. Lol. I don't like the negative approach.
  • Options
    Lol nothing like that but you know how it goes, once you come under the radar of some people they'll just flag your comments even if it's regarding issues which must be addressed

Each update KABAM just brings out different lags and takes ages to rectify them unless it affects their revenue.
    It's almost like they spend the entire month debating what bugs and/or silent nerf they should release in the next update
  • Options

Lol nothing like that but you know how it goes, once you come under the radar of some people they'll just flag your comments even if it's regarding issues which must be addressed

Each update KABAM just brings out different lags and takes ages to rectify them unless it affects their revenue.
    It's almost like they spend the entire month debating what bugs and/or silent nerf they should release in the next update

Umm who flagged it and why? :)
  • Options
    Oh, I'm Flagged anyway. I'm used to it. Lol.
    I don't believe it's intentional. I also don't believe that they pick and choose what to resolve or anything like that. I think they do the best they can, and when issues arise, they try to resolve them as best they can, and have to focus on other things. Again, this is me. Lol.
    I just feel that it needs to come to the forefront when releasing these things, and we as the Users are the ones who are able to communicate that experience. On our end, what it ends up being, is a whole month of doing the best we can to get through an EQ that is frustrating. Not in a challenging way, but in a way that is unintended. One that we have to deal with Champs and mechanics that aren't performing properly. A whole month of that frustration is a long time, and if it builds over time, that can seriously turn us off to the game.
  • Options
    You can't. Trust me. I've fought him a good many times this month. You literally can't do the second Evade.
  • Options
    Your controls freeze and lag.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    This varies from Fights. Some will work, some won't. I've fought him a good hundred times, maybe even 200. His AI is bugged.
  • Options
    I've had to start Fights over and over each day to get cooperative AI. Literally the Darkhawk scenario. Only difference is, Darkhawk wouldn't cooperate at all.
  • Options
    synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306

I've had to start Fights over and over each day to get cooperative AI. Literally the Darkhawk scenario. Only difference is, Darkhawk wouldn't cooperate at all.

I have a request for Kabam... how about we put a indefinite freeze on any further new champs and/or new monthly EQ until the stamp out all the bugs in this current one.

I hear Cull Obsidian, Ebony Maw etc etc on on the way but given they’re dead in the avengers movies there’s hardly any rush to capitalise on the movie novelty factor is there... people will still be watching it by the end of May
  • Options
    Haji_Saab said:

What's your device?

Working fine on iphone 8, iphone 6 and ipad air 2.

I'm not here to debate whether or not it's bugged. It's bugged. I'm requesting that it becomes a priority to resolve these things for future times.
  • Options

I have a request for Kabam... how about we put a indefinite freeze on any further new champs and/or new monthly EQ until the stamp out all the bugs in this current one.

I hear Cull Obsidian, Ebony Maw etc etc on on the way but given they’re dead in the avengers movies there’s hardly any rush to capitalise on the movie novelty factor is there... people will still be watching it by the end of May
    That isn't really feasible or reasonable. Lol.
  • Options
    Th

Well the list of bugs then is only gonna get longer and longer... the more new additions to the game the more things go wrong. Rushing out updates that are half baked for instance like this current one, aka the Hydra update... bi-monthly new champions isn’t that bad I have never understood why the rush to release new champs every single month
  • Options

Th

Well the list of bugs then is only gonna get longer and longer... the more new additions to the game the more things go wrong. Rushing out updates that are half baked for instance like this current one, aka the Hydra update... bi-monthly new champions isn’t that bad I have never understood why the rush to release new champs every single month
    Well, for starters, it's an ongoing process. Stopping content would only hinder them. Also, there are obligations to uphold. Besides that, new content is a huge part of the game. It's not going to fix things any faster if they don't put new content out. Just the opposite. It would probably be detrimental to the game.
  • Options

Th

Well, for starters, it's an ongoing process. Stopping content would only hinder them. Also, there are obligations to uphold. Besides that, new content is a huge part of the game. It's not going to fix things any faster if they don't put new content out. Just the opposite. It would probably be detrimental to the game.
    Nothing is more detrimental to the game than bringing out an update that apparently hasn’t been through vigorous quality testing to avoid the horrendous spate of bugs we’ve seen here. It’s unprecedented not since the disastrous v12 have we seen the game in such a disastrous state. So that’s why I’m saying something drastic has to change. It’s videos sonething is seriously wrong when they have had to delay Season 9 AW start and no announcement yet on revised start date.

Also, I’m one of the many affected by the act 6 Cavalier rewards not being received after doing it last Friday night...
  • Options
    *videos = obvious
  • Options
    And I agree with you GW Human Torch is definitely bugged!! Animations freeze you plus lag is instant death be his specials
  • Options
    The lag is a reason why I never do dungeons lol no room for them w the game in its current state... I actually have a theory that dungeons could be partly responsible for some of the bugs, with lags etc due to a huge uplift in traffic on the servers. We see it with Black Friday or Click Frenzy offers online where websites go into meltdown etc as they can’t cope with the huge surge in visitors to the site, something akin to that must surely be occurring...