**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5* VTD worth rank 4?

TimrosTimros Posts: 267
As the title states,is he worth ranking to 4?
Anyone have him that can compare him to perhaps other top tier cosmics?

Comments

• TimrosTimros Posts: 267
    My Dilemma is this, I'm still very torn between ranking him up or hyperion. Can't do both. I enjoy playin with both equally. Currently on act 5.1.4
    I will say this, I do like his synergies better than hyp's.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Yes. He is very much worth an R4. I have him there as a 5* and once you ramp up the buffs, he’s amazing
  • WoodsjrWoodsjr Posts: 57

And actually thinking about taking him to r5

I pulled the trigger. I do enjoy playing him.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Timros said:

I pulled the trigger. I do enjoy playing him.

Oof that Healthpool is looking tasty...
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    I've been grinding for T4 Cosmic so hard (currently at 3 and a half) to get mine to Rank 4, and of course my latest 5 Star was Hyperion, though even if I duped him I'd probably still go VtD because he's that much fun to play...
    I'm happy so far. Haven't messed with his synergies with domino and symbiote supreme yet. Have them all, just need to rank those two up more.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    He’s very worth it. Even unduped.

His signature ability exactly adds very little to how well he can perform.

Check out my YouTube channel search Jaded Fusion.

I also have corvus duped and r5. I did vtd to r5 first no regret at all. They are unfortunately both ramp up champs so one usually sits out during questing. Both of them typically go to alliance quest on map 7s. But I still enjoy my vtd more then my corvus. Just overall the same thing but vtd has a bit more to him and a lot more fun to play.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Question, which niche does VtD fill in? Damage dealer? Is he reliable in AW?

I know VtD is a very good champ overall, depending on how you build him in the first 3-4 fights. My main gripe with him is he has high dps and sustain once he's built so he excels in long quests. But out of that, he kinda lacks utility in the form of immunities or power control and doesn't go on defence too well.

I have a R4 and R5 Cosmic gem and Cosmic AG sitting in my stash so kinda exploring the different options to use them on.
    I'd say hes very reliable in aq/aw!
    Still adjusting to his playstyle but his regen for me is nuts. I got kod, used a lvl1 revive, and 2 fights later hes at 100% health. His L2 wrecks everything I've come across. Seriously, I'd say his regen alone is worth the rank 4. I have no regrets ranking him over hyperion, and I'm the type that researches and researches and asks countless questions before I rank up champs.
    I still haven't messed with the symbiote supreme and domino synergy yet. Both are 4* rank 4s. I can rank ss after work, and maybe a couple days on domino, but those 3 will def be paired with him to see how it goes.
    I do have venom duped and rank 4 as a 4* but I'm not sold on him mainly because I have so many other great champs.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Question, which niche does VtD fill in? Damage dealer? Is he reliable in AW?

I know VtD is a very good champ overall, depending on how you build him in the first 3-4 fights. My main gripe with him is he has high dps and sustain once he's built so he excels in long quests. But out of that, he kinda lacks utility in the form of immunities or power control and doesn't go on defence too well.

I have a R4 and R5 Cosmic gem and Cosmic AG sitting in my stash so kinda exploring the different options to use them on.

He’s reliable in war as well. Especially for debuff immune with his toxic armor. If vtd isn’t in aq for me, he’s in war.