**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

April 2019 Month Review

XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
We got two new champs this month: Human Porch (uh... Torch) and Anihilus
Favorite Champ: Human Torch (This was a hard decision)

Human Torch: His animations, playstile, and artwork is excellent. He also does great damage, and is my second favorite Fantatic Four member.

Anihilus: He is one of the coolest F4 villains and is a bit underrated. His animations are cool and his damage potential can be pretty good.

Calenders: Calenders were average but we did get a calender for Antimatter, which was pretty good.

The second beacon has been activated. Two more and something speicial will happen.

Back Issue # 2: Less unavoidable damage
Easier difficulty and Less Paths than Variant 1
Better rewards

Overall, Back Issue 2 is better (opinion).

EQ: This was pretty easy, but still had some challenges and was fun.

Bounty Missions: These were pretty cool. I got lots of practice fighting Human Torch. The rewards were pretty good too.

Pool Boss Rush: This event was awesome! It was very funny and unique. It was really fun and the rewards are nice. I really like the nodes, the descriptions, the final boss, and the "All I got was this lousy title" title. Great work Kabam!

What did you like about April? Dislike? Let me know in the comments.
Thanks for reading and commenting.

-XxLoganTDCxX

Comments

• Options
    SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    Also tons of bugs.. events are cool but bugs
  • Options
    Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★

Month review 👏🏼👏🏼

I see you’re a man of culture as well.
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    This month's review is incomplete without mentioning the undisputed buggiest update ever to roll out in the Contest.

Last summer had an update that caused overheating and was harmful to battery life while also causing lag, so I'd say that was more serious. But as far as the number of bugs present in the game, April 2019 is the buggiest update to date.
  • Options
    Sorry guys. I completely forgot about the game performance this month (idk how I did, they were everywhere).
    I do like focusing on the positives, but it is a month review and I said "What did you dislike about this month."
  • Options
    @AlexG29 Ok. I just made it up. It isn't a reference or anything. That it was a funny play-on-words
  • Options
    Fighter092Fighter092 Posts: 128
    April events 9/10
    April performance of the game 4/10
  • Options

@AlexG29 Ok. I just made it up. It isn't a reference or anything. That it was a funny play-on-words

Is it, though?

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

This month's review is incomplete without mentioning the undisputed buggiest update ever to roll out in the Contest.

Last summer had an update that caused overheating and was harmful to battery life while also causing lag, so I'd say that was more serious. But as far as the number of bugs present in the game, April 2019 is the buggiest update to date.

This wasn’t the most bugged update ever to roll out. 12.0 was worse with the changes and the bugs. Over heating phones was worse as well.
  • Options
    Jaded said:

This wasn’t the most bugged update ever to roll out. 12.0 was worse with the changes and the bugs. Over heating phones was worse as well.
    I think you misunderstand.

12.0 worked basically exactly as it was designed to work. People didn't like the nerfs and the multitude of other adjustments, but the nerfs and adjustments worked as they were designed to work. There was a lot to say about 12.0, but it's not remembered for being buggy the way the April update will be.

And as I mentioned, the app causing the phones to overheat, causing lag and killing battery life was more serious, but that debacle could be summarized by a single bullet point.

Conversely, this April 2019 update had a litany of errors. Unprompted lunges after L3 animations. Enemies throwing specials when hitting into blocks. Many champ's special attacks becoming unpunishable. Domino's Red Hulk Synergy stopped working. Emma's Prestige bump. The help timer malfunction. Yondu's normal attacks being treated like projectiles. The list goes on and on. WAY more than just a single bug.

So I still maintain that while it may not have been the most serious update we had, April 2019's update was certainly the buggiest in the history of the Contest.
  • Options
    Yeah, overheating was and still is a problem for me today.

Annihilus brought the bugs
    Human Torch heats up my device

Coincidence? I think so.
  • Options
    kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    Dig the over view.

Personally, bounties just aren't for me. The revamped system is MUCH better, but they are so dang tedious. If I never have to fight another Human Torch, it'll be too soon.

However, the Uncollected this month felt like the easiest in a long time, so that was nice. I haven't touched any variants but I appreciate that this one is easier and the rewards are still good. When I finally finish exploring Act 5 (3 paths to go - just need to figure out which ones because of that dang fixed camera), I'll probably do the second back issue.

So pretty good April, but I can do without three times a day content, even if it is just 2 fights.