**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mastery system revamp

Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
Can we get an update on the mastery system soon please? It is embarrassingly outdated. To change my mastery by 1 point requires me to unequip the entire page of masteries, followed by re-equipping each and every single mastery and level painstakingly. We need to have the ability to have either pre-set mastery builds, or a system allowing us to remove mastery points 1 at a time.

Instead of creating entire new systems like summoner objectives, I am sure that the community would highly appreciate improvements to the existing user interfaces.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    We've been asking for this for years. Since we want it they won't allow it. That's the way it has always worked around here.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

It has nothing to do with the fact that we want it. Reworking something that will affect the entire framework of the game is not a light undertaking.

What framework would be affected here haha? The way i see it, all they'd have to do is add + and - buttons to each mastery and that would have been the end of it. It shouldn't take them much to allow us to add and remove mastery points one at a time.

But of course, they should still keep the reclaim all button, we just want an additional option to recover and add points to certain masteries when minor adjustments are needed, and having + and - buttons would easily solve that
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I was talking about the Masteries themselves. The Interface would be slightly easier, I suppose.
  • Options
    This particular thread has just been talking about reassigning mastery points easier rather than being forced to reclaim the entire tree just to change a few points. No one was talking about changing the masteries.
  • Options
    _tokio__tokio_ Posts: 79
    Allow users to add/removed Single points would results in People spending lass Units. Would be nice but i doubt kabam will do such thing. How ever should be rather easy to have like 2 or maybe 3 presets and Switch between those. All it takes is a purge and autofill Script from kabams side.
  • Options

This particular thread has just been talking about reassigning mastery points easier rather than being forced to reclaim the entire tree just to change a few points. No one was talking about changing the masteries.

Yeah I caught on to that after you mentioned it. My bad.
  • Options
    I read too fast.
  • Options
    Dtl7714 said:

I read too fast.

Maybe you shouldnt always instinctively argue against criticisms of the game just for the purpose of argument
    That's not what I do at all. The rare occasion I skimmed over too quickly, and you decide to make that an opportunity to make a personal jab? You always go for low-hanging fruit?
  • Options
    If you're implying I argue for the sake of arguing, I'm afraid you don't understand me at all. I think we're done here. You're trying to start something I will finish.
  • Options
    Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    I would like that, at the very least please make it a bit cheaper to switch masteries
  • Options
    Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★
    Ah. The old were done here. Then you'll wait a few comments and then pop back into the conversation to argue with others.
  • Options
    I'm not leaving the conversation. I'm just not feeding your efforts to argue on a personal level. K thx bai.
  • Options
    Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★
    Kabam is unlikely to do this as it costs a few more units to redo whole mastery tree.

In addition all though it would be really really convenient it wouldnt change much to the overall game. So there is no reason to prioritize it
  • Options

I was talking about the Masteries themselves. The Interface would be slightly easier, I suppose.

Would you agree about the need to and practicality of revamping the system interface then?
  • Options
    Ultra8529 said:

Would you agree about the need to and practicality of revamping the system interface then?
    There might be room for some improvements with the 1-Point application. Presets become a bit more tricky because each would have to calculate the cost of each allocation. It depends on the Points you're reallocating. Some can't be done because other Masteries depend on their use.
  • Options
    CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    Why is that?
    Configurate a Mastery catergory.
    Press SAVE Materysetup (and name it here 1)
    Configure another
    Press SAVE Materysetup (and name it here 2)

Later go back to masterys press activate Defence setup 1
    Popup : this costs you x units und x gold. Apply?
    OK
    Done

this couldn't be that hard. I would like it. you dont have to calculate erverytime manualy the cost.
  • Options
    On paper, it seems easy. Not necessarily the case for designing it.
  • Options
    Cassy said:

Why is that?
    Configurate a Mastery catergory.
    Press SAVE Materysetup (and name it here 1)
    Configure another
    Press SAVE Materysetup (and name it here 2)

Later go back to masterys press activate Defence setup 1
    Popup : this costs you x units und x gold. Apply?
    OK
    Done

this couldn't be that hard. I would like it. you dont have to calculate erverytime manualy the cost.

Adding + and - buttons sounds way easier than the above haha.
  • Options
    I would be happy with + and - for a long time lol
  • Options
    CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    That would be good and cheap.
    Summonors rarely get cheap things...
    Good Things are rarely cheap in mcoc

My old Master said :
    Good and cheap is not Quick (Arena)
    Good and Quick is not cheap (offers, chavalier crystals...)
    Quick and cheap is not good (side Events)
  • Options
    Can we at least get a mod response on whether this is being looked at. It is something summoners have been asking for for ages now. Some of these things are simple quality of life matters that will make our lives so much easier. Other things like the help request system also need to be looked at.
  • Options