Options

5* awakening crystal RNG?

New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,571 ★★★★
I call this good RNG: There are my last 6 5* awakening crystal:

3 Cosmic
3 Mystic

and I don't even need them.... RNG? hmm..

Comments

• Options
    Dkutctgh said:

The thing is there most likely is a hidden chance to get a class more than another
    But also it’s not like it’s impossible to get that type of luck

It's funny how people always say RNG can do this an that...

RNG can also do 10 Mystics in a row right? It's possible...not probably but possible......
  • Options
    Dkutctgh said:

Dkutctgh said:

The thing is there most likely is a hidden chance to get a class more than another

RNG can also do 10 Mystics in a row right? It's possible...not probably but possible......
    Ur point
    Why even say RNG then...i never thought it was completely random is what I'm saying..but someone will always say RNG..

• Options
    KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    Punted on the offer because of the bad rng. Really don't care for another mystic to add to my collection tbh.
  • Options
    MjolinarMjolinar Posts: 157 ★★
    Honest question: if you think it’s rigged why would you buy it? Given a large enough sample, RNG will play out to even odds. A sample size of six is not nearly large enough.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I’ve never received a skill or mutant awakening gem 5*. Ever. I’ve had 4 cosmic in my stash at one time. Couple techs, couple science and one mystic.
    4x cosmic
    2 tech
    2 science
    1 mystic

Hence why I didn’t buy the offer today.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,767 ★★★★★

I call this good RNG: There are my last 6 5* awakening crystal:

3 Cosmic
    3 Mystic

and I don't even need them.... RNG? hmm..

Perfectly balanced as all things should be

• Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★

Dkutctgh said:

And how many times have you seen someone pull 10 in a row again?
  • Options
    Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    ẞlооd said:

Dkutctgh said:

And how many times have you seen someone pull 10 in a row again?
    That's only because those who get on track to doing that have quit the game before they open 10 awakening gem crystals lol.
    But anyway the point is that as long as it's a 'Random Number Generator', the case can be made for it just being that lots of people are experiencing this 'bad' luck. Unless you can prove that Kabam has straight up rigged the crystals to give you the gem you don't need by coding it in as such, that argument doesn't have a case, sadly.
    (Also, there's that idea that people remember when they get screwed over more than when they get what they want. Can't remember its name, but yeah general idea is 'you don't tend to complain when you get good "luck".')
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    @Mathking13

Yep, I agree with all that pretty much. And, I don't really get how it would be rigged to not work in your favor if many people (myself included) have pretty evenly split RNG. Unless Kabam specifically screws over only certain people for some reason..
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Wanted to see how “random” rolling 6 sided dice was. It’s rigged also, my first roll had 3 5s! https://www.random.org/dice/

*My first roll of 10, so rigged!

• Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,639 ★★★★★

Wanted to see how “random” rolling 6 sided dice was. It’s rigged also, my first roll had 3 5s! https://www.random.org/dice/

*My first roll of 10, so rigged!

Exactly.
  • Options
    TechonefortyTechoneforty Posts: 79
    I’ve opened 4 so far and got mystic, skill, cosmic and mutant. So far used my mystic and skill but waiting for a champ worth using the cosmic and mutant for. I really want/need a tech.
  • Options
    Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    edited May 2019
    It’s like anything in the game. If you want some thing just have your inventory full of what you want so any more go to your stash. 100% chance to get that item. No ring there just a big fizzy douche move.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,279 ★★★★★
    These Posts are becoming the new Rank Down Tickets. Lol.
    RNG. You can get multiples. You can also pull what you don't want. If you got what you needed and wanted all the time, then it wouldn't be true RNG.
  • Options
    ShaconaqeShaconaqe Posts: 17
    I've gotta say, after my 3rd skill awakening gem in a row I've started to wonder.

Things like this happen in this game. I've been playing this game for years. I've got a ton of t4 science cats and I keep pulling them until I rank up a science and my inventory falls, for example. Now this awakening gem thing where I've had a skill gem in inventory (for blade, aegon) and I keep pulling them. I have no solid proof of Kabam stacking the deck...how could I? Just my personal experience and that of others that have playing for a long time...enough to just make you wonder. Let's face it, a little frustration is good for their bottom line. One thing about human nature I'll always trust is the relentless pursuit of money. It's their business.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    There is no true RNG in the game.
  • Options
    _VEGETA__VEGETA_ Posts: 24
    Science, Science, Science, Science, Cosmic, Science.

Awakened my Void, Glad Hulk, Quake, Modok, still got a science and cosmic sat there.
  • Options
    ShaconaqeShaconaqe Posts: 17
    _VEGETA_ said:

Science, Science, Science, Science, Cosmic, Science.

Awakened my Void, Glad Hulk, Quake, Modok, still got a science and cosmic sat there.

Ouch, so you're saying my situation could get worse? Lol
  • Options
    tkt546tkt546 Posts: 34
    Haven't any of y'all heard about music players having to scrap truly random shuffles because people didn't believe they were actually random. With true RNG you might hear the same song multiple times in a short period and people thought it was rigged, so they had to take a lot of randomness out to make people believe it was random.

Small sample sizes skew percentages. Opening 10 crystals may give weird results, but hopefully if you saw the results from 1000 crystals it would be more accurate.

But will all that said, yeah, you're always gonna get the one you want the least, cause it just sucks like that, lol.