**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why the exploit policy is making the community pay to test Kabam's application/We need a bug bounty!

I am a quality analyst for a VERY large tech firm (over 5k employees), with that said here is my biggest issue with Kabam's "exploit" clause. Adding the exploit clause would be like me as a QA saying if I miss a bug and it goes out to production it is the customers fault if they find said bug and use it. If Kabam wants to put this in as a punishable offense they need to have a bug bounty system in place. This way if someone is using the exploit it is because they did not report it to receive the bounty reward and instead chose to get the rewards for using the exploit. Having the community base testing and monitoring the quality of your own product without proper compensation for their work, while not illegal, it is a cheap and jerk move by the company as a whole.

@Kabam Miike I understand that the company has to have QAs and I know exactly how hard it would be to test an application like MCOC every release. With that said, Kabam uses the community to run extensive real world tests and if they find a bug that they can use to get a few items more than Kabam thought they trickled out they get banned. This means that your reward for someone finding a bug and then using the bug is to never play the game again. This is ridiculous, banning people for finding your mistakes would be like having your English teacher fired because they pointed out your spelling mistakes and used that information to give you a C- in that class.

As the connection to the team I hold you and the rest of the forum support responsible for anyone that gets in trouble for finding the bugs in the game. It is you that should have communicated to the team that a bug bounty system needs to be in place. Your team rushes to get anything done that impacts Kabam's bottom line but when it comes to bugs that impact the community in a negative way seem to stay out there for weeks and even months. If you do not do something you will lose this entire community over 2019. Sending out a "hey we messed up" helps immensely and any reward that you send out in response to a mistake is literally a drop in a bucket compared to the whole of the game.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.