**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Question about 2015 Rank 4 Gems

So I have a 2015 Tech Rank 4 Gem that I earned from Ultron’s Assault. I haven’t used any of these gems before but had heard they using them required no gold, and it shows no gold cost when looking at the rank up screen. I was planning on using it on my newly acquired OG Vision but when I attempt to use it I get a message telling me I have insufficient gold. So is it a visual bug and it does actually cost the regular 400k+ to do a rank 4 rank up or is the gem not working properly?

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    It’s weird because I just took Antman up to R4 and discovered the same. So it doesn’t actually take any gold away from you but it’s almost as if you need to reach a certain gold threshold to even use it. Seems very silly.
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    You have to have the gold it would cost to use a regular 3 to 4 gem but it will not take the gold from you. It is weird and the first one I used in happened then realized it did not take the gold. Same thing for all other ones I have used.