**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Arena frustration as a new player

Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
So seeing as there was so much this month for new players and the new objectives system was introduced i figured i would see what the game was like if i had started playing today compared to over 3 years ago.

Now I have to say early progression and the new objectives system is really great for new players and is a massive improvement from where the game used to be.

However one thing which hasn't been addressed in the time when i started my original account and starting this account is the AI in arena particularly the beginner bracket will not throw specials. Being an experienced player i know how to bait, however at this level the AI just doesn't throw specials. Now when you are starting off you won't have many max champs so chances are you will face high PI champs compared to the ones you take in (including the death matches you may face). Getting hit my a special 3 from these champs and certain champs like OG Hullk or any champ that places some sort of debuff on sp3 ( DPX, Domino, IWIM, etc) pretty much results in death.

why not for the beginner arena have sp3s disabled like they are in Story Quest. If this was done it would make the arena experience less frustrating for newer players.

I also feel some champions are OP for the beginner arena such as duped IWIM, Thing, Void to name a few.
Also feel like there should be a beginner mastery template which the opponent uses instead of their own. Dealing with limber at this early level as well as facing opponents with full mastery builds or setups is a bit much for a brand new player to deal with.

Comments

• Options
    PotatolegionPotatolegion Posts: 290 ★★
    I agree with everything mentioned, even as an intermediate I experience this. Especially with the champs you mentioned, Aw is also in need of an update. Those champs should be banned in aw and arena until a certain level.