**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Best android phone for mcoc?

i need to purchase a device for playing this game. thank u

Comments

• Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,285 ★★★★★
    Currently the Galaxy S10 plays the game as well as the iPhone XS Max and iPhone 8 plus. In the future that might change and I can't speak to other devices as I only tested those 3 phones side by side.
  • Options
    TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    I ditched Scamsung years ago for LG and I have been nothing but happy with them and never have issues with the game. Currently using the V 30+ with newest Android update.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★

You are at a distinct disadvantage playing on any Android device.

Beyond that just buy the most expensive, new phone on the market and when you email kabam about all the bugs you will still receive a copy and paste reply stating that your device is too old to be compatible with contest of champions.

This game was designed for iOS plain and simple.

It wasn't designed just for iOS. Android has always been inherently harder to program for due to the extremely wide variety of devices and OS versions. iOS is easier to work with because it doesn't change much and most compatible devices all run the same version if you stay up to date.

Android has compatible devices from 6.0 to 9.1 and in between. Its always been this way. Android gives more freedoms of flexibility whereas Apple doesnt.

That being said, just buying the most expensive one won't always be the right solution. There are many lesser expensive phones that work better than many name brand ones. I have a LG V40 thinq and have never experienced lag in a match, hardly and device related game bugs or much else of any of issues others have. I also play on high graphics settings.

Things to look for are no different than buying a gaming computer.
    6+ GB ram
    Plenty of storage.
    8-core high end processor.
    Functions and features between different brands are up to you.
  • Options
    XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    ios is the best for MCoC
  • Options
    cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★
    ios
  • Options
    arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

Currently the Galaxy S10 plays the game as well as the iPhone XS Max and iPhone 8 plus. In the future that might change and I can't speak to other devices as I only tested those 3 phones side by side.

I can confirm this as someone who's tried this game with a fair share of devices, including the latest Android and iOS phones. Phones powered by Snapdragon 855 perform as well as the best iPhones out there.

Another Android device that is up there is Huawei Mate 20 (Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 X as well). A combination of Kirin 980 and GPU Turbo 2 offers a silky smooth performance. Loading times are also very fast.
  • Options
    SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Anything with a Qualcomm 855 SOC in it should do good. That is currently the highest performing SOC out there for Android.

That means Samsung S10, Sony Xperia 1, Xiaomi Mi 9, LG G8 ThinQ and so on.
    Just make sure you get the 6GB versions or higher. Don't get anything under that for base storage. Then you can get either 64GB+ for storage.
  • Options
    henrysanchezahenrysancheza Posts: 41
    Any recent Huawei Mate or P series (not lite version) has a powerful GPU, I use an old Mate 9 and works wonders, so new ones should have better performance
  • Options
    tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★
    I switched from iphone X to Huawei mate 20 pro. I am glad I did. In terms of performance, I never felt a difference. As for bugs, I had more issues on iphone X such as heavy auto charging, game lagging, game freezing, etc. On Huawei mate 20 pro, I do get lags at time but no other bugs
    At least not Android or device specific bugs. Best thing about mate 20 pro is it's monstrous battery.
  • Options
    CapModyCapMody Posts: 7
    Huawei mate 10 lite very good
  • Options
    MCoC_fanMCoC_fan Posts: 97
    I play on a normal pixel 2 and it runs fine
  • Options
    Fugitive21Fugitive21 Posts: 221
    My second account is on a S8 with no issues.Samsung tablets were awful.
  • Options
    LodockLodock Posts: 32
    I'm playing with the OnePlus 6, no issues at all
  • Options
    CiploCiplo Posts: 3
    My Oneplus7pro runs faster than most Iphones. love playing mcoc on My Op7pro