**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is it worthwhile to max level 2* champs?

winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,764 ★★★★★
Apart easy grinding in Summoner Trials, is it worthwhile to max level 2*?

Comments

• Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    Pretty much only worth leveling/ranking for event points. They used to be relevant for the 3* featured arena, but now that 3* can be used in that arena 2* are worthless there too. This is assuming you have at least 16 3-5* champs for quest/aq/aw.
  • Only to meet Level Up final milestone or get that last few hundred points for your SA minimums if you have them. Oh and to use up expiring ISO but I prefer to sell those now (gold positive) vs using expiring ISO (gold negative). Never do the 2/3* arena anymore so they never get used.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Aside from sandbagging in the Cat arenas, I never use my 1* or 2* champs. I honestly don't remember the last time I even leveled one.

I have a ton of 3* champs left to rank up before even considering using ISO on a 2*.
  • DuMonUDuMonU Posts: 54
    I have sold all my 2* champs twice. Max them out to get level up or rank rewards then sell them off again.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    I never sell Champs. Done it 3 times. Never again. Max them whenever you have the time. They help SA, Rating, Events, etc.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,764 ★★★★★
    I have 45 of them fully maxed (not signature levels). Just got another two weeks ago.

Wondering if the Isos were all wasted as I have so many 3* not level up nor ranked.

• ACCBIRTACCBIRT Posts: 7
    Yeah worry about ur 4* and 3* before u throw ISO at 2*s
  • Bouv12Bouv12 Posts: 24
    No need for long paragraph NO IT'S NOT
  • cjs8000cjs8000 Posts: 44
    No! Just don't!

Once you got enough 4*s stop worrying about upping 3*s either
  • RbvojtikRbvojtik Posts: 113
    Probably not worth ranking. I'm starting to doubt whether it's worth maxing 4* chars now.

But I would advise against selling 2* or better champs. Once you max their sig, you will get double the shards for each time you dupe that 2*. Almost all of mine are now at lvl 99, so I get a decent amount of shards from pulling them in crystals.
  • Ja55Ja55 Posts: 155
    Bouv12 wrote: »
    No need for long paragraph NO IT'S NOT

Agree. Save your iso and gold. Trust me you will need it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    cjs8000 wrote: »
    No! Just don't!

Once you got enough 4*s stop worrying about upping 3*s either

You need them if you want to Grind.
  • If you are not a money player and are fairly average at playing the game it's worth levelling them to some extent.

If you have only say 20 3* guys and none are awesome, a decent haul of 2s can get you 30000 ltd or so past streak 10 in Vs, obviously not much compared to3* but if you are time limited and need to wait it's a good plan.

Plus if your roster is low you entered 2* arena to win premiums and 3* shards, the goons never eb
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    It's the only way to dump t1 basic catalysts. Save them and rank them up on level up event days as has been mentioned before. Also I don't ever recommend selling champs (I sold AM back when willpower was overpowered and his fatigue was a joke) but the extra shards you get from duping champs is always better than selling them off.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    I have enough upgraded to meet the first few quick milestone rewards in arena. Not upgraded 2*s make it not worth the time but having 12-15 in the 600-800 range helps grab some quick shards and units. Other than that no more reason I can think of.
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    i delete them regularly since ill earn them back after two weeks thanks to the crappy drop rates