**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I can't touch MAW with GHOST

Diksh619Diksh619 Posts: 227 ★★
Hey Folks,

Maw is a new champ that entered the contest and i am unable to touch him with GHOST at all. As soon as i am using phasing and throwing my specials they all miss him like he is thin air. I don't really know if that's intended or i am missing something. I have a rank 2 6 star GHOST and i went in with Quantum trinity - Uncollected-last chapter before "altering approaching" something message shows up. Any GHOST experts, please provide solutions how to play GHOST against MAW!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    Don't phase, or wait until the guaranteed crit expires: maw has an ability that cause every guaranteed crit to miss, unless the opponent has a class bonus.

on a related note, you can use wasp for him, it's basically the perfect counter :)
  • Options
    Mr_WiffMr_Wiff Posts: 244
    Crit attacks miss. You want advice on how to play Ghost vs Maw? Simple.. Don't sorry mate that's all there is to it. Already seen a load of threads complaining that Corvus, Ghost and Elektra can't fight him. Sorry but there are other champs you can use, Ghost just isn't effective this time.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    Quake works fine doing the quake thing as long as the occasional heavy is thrown.
  • Options
    Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    TwmR said:

Why do people not read champions abilities if they have trouble fighting them?

I don’t understand it, that’s the first thing I do when fighting a new champ or even with older champs if I suddenly run into a weird interaction I’ve never seen before. Not too long ago I fought a BPCW with Cap IW and tried to heavy counter his heavies. He kept going unstoppable every time I threw a heavy at him and had no idea why until I re-read his abilities. I knew BPCW reflects stuns when he has armor up and I knew his sig abilities allowed him to start fights in his reflective state. What I didn’t know was that his sig ability also allows him to consume an armor up to absorb a heavy attack and briefly go unstoppable. Weird, the power of reading.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Mr_Wiff said:

Crit attacks miss. You want advice on how to play Ghost vs Maw? Simple.. Don't sorry mate that's all there is to it. Already seen a load of threads complaining that Corvus, Ghost and Elektra can't fight him. Sorry but there are other champs you can use, Ghost just isn't effective this time.

This is false, Guaranteed crits miss, not all crits.ghost has no issues as long as you dont try to use phase attack. Corvus can kill him but takes a lot of lights, elektra is the only one totally boned.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    TwmR said:

You make it seem as if Kabam provides crystal clear descriptions of abilities and nodes.
  • Options
    Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    MikeHock said:

TwmR said:

You make it seem as if Kabam provides crystal clear descriptions of abilities and nodes.
    I get that a lot of champs these days have long ability descriptions and it can be easy to miss something, but if you go into a fight and you get a weird interaction like repeatedly triggering misses, wouldn’t it make sense to reread the abilities and nodes first looking specifically for something to explain the interaction?
  • Options
    TwmR said:

Bro abilities these days are like car manual and i spend 16+ hours coding in an organisation..so i thought to reach out! Next time i will try to put more efforts..
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    TwmR said:

It is entirely possible to read abilities and not completely understand them, especially for newer players. It is far more helpful, BTW, for people to either answer these questions or move on without creating grief, because your frustration with such posts is frankly your business, not ours. No need to hijack threads. Contribute or move along.
  • Options
    I agree i need to pay more attention to reading abilities and its what i usually do but these couple of months life is too hectic and i have not been watching youtuber's or much in game stuff..just wanted to clear everything out asap so went in with GHOST lol..Thanks all for helping out.
    Tc all!
  • Options
    Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★
    Lormif said:

Mr_Wiff said:

This is false, Guaranteed crits miss, not all crits.ghost has no issues as long as you dont try to use phase attack. Corvus can kill him but takes a lot of lights, elektra is the only one totally boned.
    I think it's really obsurd when people like you claim corvus can kill him, just use lights. Go ahead, take corvus against him on uncollected or even master. Post your video. I look forward to never seeing your resposnse