**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

feeling discouraged

Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 691 ★★★
I'm feeling discouraged because seeing all the higher tier progressing further in the game and I'm stuck where I can"t unless I have a rank 5 4star or a 5star rank 3 or higher and right now I'm stuck in act 4.2 of the story so I won't be getting the Uncollected title for another year or 2 so if you can be so kind Kabam and gift me a tier 4 science catalyst so I can rank up 1 of my 4star science champ to rank 5 and progress in the game.

Comments

• Options
    You really don't need a rank 5 or even a rank 4 to complete/explore act 4...
  • Options
    Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 470 ★★
    c'mon, seriously? ahahahah @Foxhero007 just play the game, open crystals and you'll be able to go through act 4!

Never had the need to use a 4* rank 5 to go through act 4!
  • Options
    Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    My said account has done 5.2 and is now collecting the Uncollected.

He has 3x 5* R4s
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 ★★★★★
    Most of us veteran players did Act 4 and RtL with 4/40s. What are you complaining about OP?
  • Options
    I'm enjoying the fact I didn't bother to 100% act 4 until now. Absolutely smashing through it with a full r5 team.
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I puzzled by comments like this. Op we were all were you are at some point. We all played our way through. It's not like we turned the game on and had rank 4 5* and act 4 completed. At least for you there is something to drive towards in the distance. I remember when act 4 didn't exist and just beating thanos was the top quest. Nothing to be discouraged about it just means you have more content waiting for you when you are ready
  • Options
    CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    xNig wrote: »
    Most of us veteran players did Act 4 and RtL with 4/40s. What are you complaining about OP?

This. Fully explored Act 4, Ming Na Challenge etc. with 4/40s and worked through many months of AQ afterward before I was able to get even a single champ to 5/50. I remember feeling despair when my 3 T4Cs from Act 4 were all different classes and elation when I matched one from Ming but that last T4C took forever. Even now T4C is scarce for me (gave up the heavy grinding) but that's the way it should be. If stuff takes longer so be it. Just enjoy playing the game at your own pace and don't fret about it.
  • Options
    Bigdrail93Bigdrail93 Posts: 48
    Not to mention that act 4 is much easier now than it was before 12.0 watered it down
  • Options
    NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    Work your ass off OP I completed act 4 using 3 star champs. I awakened sw after completing act 4 and used about 60 sig stones on her whole grinding. It took me about 8 months doing map 5x5 just to r5 my first 4 star champ. Grind your ass OP. We didn't have 4 star shards. We didn't have login calender. We didn't have 4 arenas to choose from. We didn't have solo missions as well. Grind your ass like every one did OP.
  • Options
    NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    Btw act 4 is so much easier now.
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    You don't need maxed out 4 stars for act 4. Also, someone on reddit did act 5 with 4/40's. And don't grind your ass off. Just progress at your own pace
  • Options
    CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Foxhero007 wrote: »
    .... gift me a tier 4 science catalyst....

Says no one ever...
  • Options
    AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    I'll happily give you all my science t4cc
  • Options
    wray1976wray1976 Posts: 459 ★★
    Cuteshelf wrote: »
    Foxhero007 wrote: »
    .... gift me a tier 4 science catalyst....

Says no one ever...

Sad thing is I never get science t4cc. I need one to R5 my YJ.
  • Options
    nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    I have science t4cc expiring, maybe I should use them to rank up green goblin and doc oc! Ok. ;)
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    Have you unlocked parry and dexterity yet with those masteries and enough skill you can complete even 5.2 with rank4 champions
  • Options
    ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    no point complaining op. all these suckers will stick up for kabam
  • Options
    VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    I did majority of Act 4 using 3 star Scarlett Witch (pre 12.0, so Act had not been nerfed yet).
  • Options
    MegaVoltsMegaVolts Posts: 114
    If you are already feeling discouraged, I don't think you will progress in the game. There will be points when you want to throw your device outside because of frustration (eg. the Caltrops path on Act 5.2.4), but that shouldn't discourage you. You need skill, guts and perseverance and most importantly patience, if you want to progress. Get better, rather than lose the will to play.
  • Options
    GwanNGwanN Posts: 10
    It's a normal feeling and I won't judge you. But I can tell you this : it is ALOT better now compared to players that started upon release and didn't have too much money to spend. So my advise is do what you can with what you have and have fun. Don't worry If someone did this or that before you.

I did act 4 with mostly 3* champions and a couple of 4/40 not duped. Same with rol. It's hard but you can do it.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    OP, I completely explored all of act 4 before I got enough t4cc to rank up a champion. It took me a couple months after exploring act 4 to rank up a champion so it is possible. Just need to keep up the daily grind