Options

Why can't the most successful monthly side events like the Intel event last April become permanent?

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
In the almost three years I've played this game, the Intel event last April was probably the most successful one in terms of creativity, design and implementation. That was probably the month that was undeniably the best in terms of daily rewards, and the stuff I bought from the Intel store was currency well earned. And I don't think it would be inaccurate to say that when players are motivated by what they experience, spending some money even unplanned isn't such a big deal because every day in a month where the event is well planned and implemented is a day that counts towards the whole.

This month, in contrast, is the worst I've experienced in these three years. The Infinity Stones I see on top of my profile is a waste of graphics space, waste of battery life, a total eyesore and bore. While I've been a little lucky with the pulls from the Greater Last Stand crystals, this End Game event wouldn't be such an epic dismal failure if the Last Stand shards would have been made into currency similar to the Intel currency. I can't wait for this month to be over because the Last Stand side events don't have even 1% of the creativity and appeal the Intel Merc event had.

What should have been:

Kabam didn't have to re-invent the wheel altogether. The game devs could have simply used the same Intel Merc template and just stuck Nameless Thanos as the final boss across four tiers of difficulty. Then to make it more interesting, alternate Thanos with the Generals in his Dark Army. Make it run 3 x day just like the Intel Merc quest. Would have been really interesting to battle against Thanos and his Generals similar to battling Human Torch but having more bosses to battle against would be more appealing, overall.

The selected Avenger + one Infinity Stone every 6-7 days is just an absolutely horrific, underwhelming, displeasurable, uncreative, undesirable event. Make that two for the other Last Stand stone quest that had to be dramatically nerfed because even the best YouTubers couldn't one shot the Epic level with their R5 5* Iron Man og. Would have been awesome if at the last week of the End Game event, we can use any Avenger of our choice to use all 6 stones in the Event Quest. Then probably anyone with enough decent skills and willing to spend a few units could actually defeat the original 39-40K nodes.

And we still have around 12-13 really uninspiring days left to wait it out for the June event which hopefully is at least a little bit more like the Intel event last April than the event we had this month.

Isn't there anyone in MCOC team tracking the success rate of monthly events? Absolutely not a single soul in the MCOC team realized how awesome April was and how dismal May was?

I truly hope this will be the last month we will have to experience such an epic fail monthly side event quests... *sigh*