**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Killmonger and autoblock question

WayntosWayntos Posts: 592 ★★
I have a KM duped with decent sig. What triggers Killmongers true strike? I fought a IWIM in the war and his true strike never triggered even after a 36 hit combo. Only saving grace KM sp2 makes him indestructible.

Why in the f does auto block result in a parry its bad enough it triggers in the middle of a combo.

Comments

• Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    You have to quickly counter them after they use a special (while they are recovering from a special). This feature seems highly buggy to me as sometimes it's really easy to get the TS to trigger while other times it doesn't when it clearly seems like they are still recovering from a special.

You could also use the WS synergy and trigger true strike with an intercept. Those are the only 2 ways to trigger it.
  • Options
    NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    If I remember right you need to attack immediately after a special of the enemy.
    There's a small window where the opponent will recover from the special. You need o hit him during that time to activate true strike.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Wayntos said:

I have a KM duped with decent sig. What triggers Killmongers true strike? I fought a IWIM in the war and his true strike never triggered even after a 36 hit combo. Only saving grace KM sp2 makes him indestructible.

Why in the f does auto block result in a parry its bad enough it triggers in the middle of a combo.

you can predict the autoblock generating the parry, all you have to do is pay attention to the health and buffs.
  • Options
    WayntosWayntos Posts: 592 ★★
    Triggering it after a special when they go straight into an auto block kind of bs. It's just so frustrating that the RNG hates me.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Wayntos said:

Triggering it after a special when they go straight into an auto block kind of bs. It's just so frustrating that the RNG hates me.

That is not how autoblock generally works. IMIW and medusa have defined autoblocks. If you charge into medusa after a special you will be fine. IMIW is difficult to charge in after in any case, but even then you only get autoblock if he has 4 armor ups OR he has been hit once below like 15%. All able to be predicted, no RNG needed.
  • Options
    Unk0wn_S0ldierUnk0wn_S0ldier Posts: 53
    Synergy with WS will also grant True Strike if you land an intercept
  • Options
    Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Shrimkins said:

You have to quickly counter them after they use a special (while they are recovering from a special). This feature seems highly buggy to me as sometimes it's really easy to get the TS to trigger while other times it doesn't when it clearly seems like they are still recovering from a special.

You could also use the WS synergy and trigger true strike with an intercept. Those are the only 2 ways to trigger it.

It's not buggy, but some specials just don't allow you to dash in fast enough. IMIW SP1 has an extremely small punish window. I never get it right.

Solution: Use SP1 and eat the second blast with an unstoppable. But at the same time that will cost you 50% health depending on the node. And you'd have to finish him in 15 seconds. I'd only advise this for the last 15%.
  • Options
    WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    IMIW is really difficult to get true strike against after a special. If possible I'd try to bring Winter Soldier along and intercept to gain true strike. Also look at counter heavies against him. https://youtu.be/RVr0EK5DAAQ Void works great against imiw if you use only heavies below 15 percent. Good luck