**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who has more overall utility as a 5* unawakened rank 4, VTD or Sentinel

I have the materials to rank up one of them to Rank 4/5 right now and I can't decide who. I know, good problem to have. I haven't gotten to play either of them extensively yet, so I don't know who would be the best for current and future content. Thanks in advance for the help!

Who has more overall utility as a 5* unawakened rank 4, VTD or Sentinel 37 votes

Unawakened 5* Sentinel
18%
Yeo786JohnyzeroMy_SuperiorxXpenTehsigzorzSuros_moonZuro 7 votes
Unawakened 5* Venom The Duck
81%
GroundedWisdomAjavedErza_ScarletCrkwestChriz4061Anurag1606Foxhero007Lt_Magnum_1Osfan8RafamateRbk19DarthPhalIncitatus666LordRaymond3Mitchell35FhfjghhggggjfhfjgTheSpicyKnightLormifEtjamaVOLK1902 30 votes

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    VTD can heal at the start of every fight if you chose, and or can gain massive amounts of power, and or can hit harder, and or can block more damage, and or resist more damage.

Other than the double immunities it is pretty obvious VTD has more utility, and will help you a ton with variant 2
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Sentinel is great, but between the two, I'd have to go with VTD.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    That's a great choice to have. I run an unawakened 5-star Sentinel, r4, and he's great, basically one of my AQ go-to champs. He's a tank, has multiple good offensive weapons, and of course double immunities. I have not played a VTD at that rank/level, but I do have a 4-star and he can be amazing in ways Sentinel cannot. But like said above, his amazing abilities are RNG-based, so it's less reliable than Sentinel. Honestly, I'd go with VTD. Just so much fun to play.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

I’ve been running 6* VtD in AQ... His regen is based on slow acting RNG; first you wait for his aberration meter to reach 100 and then you have a 1/6 chance to get a Regen buff that you can bank for future fights. When it works in your favour it’s fantastic but when it doesn’t I’ll often end up getting bodied before getting the necessary regeneration to quest with. This makes him an inconsistent regeneration character. He doesn’t have any utility outside of that.

Once you get it once you can then keep doubling. He also has power gain and defenses.
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    VTD can store different buffs depending on your needs.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,173 ★★★
    TRONG94 said:

I'd go with VtD. He is just so good for quest. There are only 2 out of 6 buffs that I'd rather not to store, which are Armor up and perfect Block. Once you get 3 or 4 regens, it's way amazing that you can heal back to full health from 10% health within a fight. When u have 4 power gains, about 15 hits lead you from 0 power to full 3 bars of power.
    One thing I recognize to myself, when you duplicate buffs by doing heavy or sp1, 2; it mostly prioritizes Regen buff. Let's say after 2 fights, you have 2 power gains, 1 regen, 2 precisions and 1 fury. At fight 3, you do heavy at start to dupe 3 buffs, you surely dupe regen.
    I don't have Sentinel :(

It's not like that. The last latest buff that you acquired gets duplicated when you do heavy, specials 1,2. Nothing related to more inclination towards regen buff. I would say vtd is much more versatile.