**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can we please just buff the arena AI

Most of my concern is in the title, but i just feel like its ridiculous to have an already frustrating and time consuming piece of content, made even more frustrating.

When fighting in arena, i spend a majority of the battle trying to bait specials for two straight minutes only to be eventually pushed all the way to the wall or special 3d. They hardly even want to drop their block which makes the fights even more drawn out on top of everything else.

Personally i feel that the ai should be much more aggressive, especially concerning specials, when the arena is specifically meant to be a repetitive (dare i say mandatory for alliance who want to do harder AQ maps) piece of content specifically meant for grinding gold and units

Comments

• Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    I agree. I don't even see the point of having the "arena gauntlet" anymore, ie, the first 15 or so matches where you face uphill matches and super passive AI.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    I'm not a fan of the passive AI, but the response time is what concerns me when talking about buffing it. It's already as responsive as it can be. I wouldn't mind if it would Bait and not rely on Block so much. I just don't like the sound of buffing it. Lol.
  • PotatolegionPotatolegion Posts: 290 ★★
    I've always thought this. Baiting specials for me rarely works and it would make quite a boring part of the game more bearable.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,363 ★★★★★
    I agree it would be good to have slightly more aggressive AI in the arena. Personally, to make it all a bit less dull and repetetive, I think they should expand the Kang/Thanos teams to include Ultron, MODOK and possibly Kingpin or Loki; then give each a different AI and mastery set-up based on their personalities/approach to battle. Then the AI could reflect the team leaders personality: you might expect Ultron's team to be very aggressive; MODOK's to be very defensive...

Masteries could include full suicides for Ultron; defenses like Dexterity and Recovery for MODOK, Cruelty and Deep Wounds for Kang; that kind of thing. Team Loki could have maxed Mystic Dispersion and Collar Tech.
    It would make the Infinite Streak a bit less repetetive without making it too challenging (since we face Masteries against Summoner teams anyway).

Thoughts?
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Arena is insane easy. No change need happen.