**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Old Champ Buff Idea

KlashdKlashd Posts: 47
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
So being 2 for 2 as the 'victim' of 6* meme tier pulls I got to thinking, as most people do when they pull an awful old champ:

"BuFf *insert pulled champ* AlReAdy!"

I get it's not that easy, for balance purposes. So I thought, how CAN they do it, especially with 99% of end game players already having these meme champs. They buff the champs, the main beneficiaries are the 4+ year players.

So here's my thought:

-Unlock Champ Update/Buff-

You pull a champ (let's use OG Iron Man for this example), and he's his standard garbage self, because Kabam didn't think this game would get as strategic and complicated as it is today. You get his garbage abilities. You dupe him, his abilities become garbage with perfume. But then you max-sig (or some other way, maybe create an "update/buff gem".) This gives you the new 2019 (and on) update of this champ. These new abilities either override (or add-on like the Infinity Stones did last event) the existing abilities that are no longer viable in today's game.

This way, Kabam can keep the garbage champs in the game to keep balance as is, but also give these terrible champs, and the people that are unfortunate enough to pull them, hope that this champ still has the ability to be better.

Thoughts?

Comments

• KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    I am worried about monetizing this option. But the gems last month were cool, so I feel like this is good idea
  • KlashdKlashd Posts: 47
    Kerneas said:

I am worried about monetizing this option. But the gems last month were cool, so I feel like this is good idea

I mean, Kabam can monetize every single aspect of this game if they wanted. But they also have to keep it from being "pay to win".

Also, it could be the easiest way to extend dated content for Kabam. Win-win for them and the players.
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    Ooh I like this! Probably will never happen, however if they ever try to buff a whole bunch of old champs at once, this would be a great way to do it. In my opinion though, most of the buffing problem is how every new champ we get nowadays is either too-tier or stupid complicated. The old champs seem like something from a different game, even if they’re good, like OG Vison.

Interesting.

I thought so. I'm sure other's could run with this idea and make it more viable.
  • Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
    I dont think this is a bad idea because when they buff champs they always seem to be the champs they peppered all throughout maps 4 and 5 and those buffs make it worse for up and coming players..but at the same time this would just boost the sales of max sig stones especially since they have destroyed the chances of duping a new champ by making a bunch more every month..it seems the more they "try" to make all players happy the more they make us all unhappy (except grounded and a few others)
    Urkel2 said:

I dont think this is a bad idea because when they buff champs they always seem to be the champs they peppered all throughout maps 4 and 5 and those buffs make it worse for up and coming players..but at the same time this would just boost the sales of max sig stones especially since they have destroyed the chances of duping a new champ by making a bunch more every month..it seems the more they "try" to make all players happy the more they make us all unhappy (except grounded and a few others)

Yeah, that's a great point. The fact that with this method, they don't have to do a full champ buff, this will prevent the current placed champs in all the previous acts and AQ maps from becoming unbalanced or too tough (see Venom Buff + Venom boss in Act 4)
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Won't make garbage 6* relevant for a long, long time