**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do you see what you have done now?

13»

Comments

• Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    also what about f2p high tier players

Kobster84 said:

The f2p high tier players can grind more. Kabam has stated that they plan on upping the rewards sometime in the future. It’s my speculation that they didn’t increase rewards, but did increase difficulty to increase the value of items. So some alliances won’t be doing Map 5 and also will be doing worse in AW. These players will lose out on some glory, catalysts, and shards (from exploration). These players will then in theory spend to get the shards or catalysts. Kabam is aware that many of their offers are considered overpriced at this point in the game. Doing this will increase their value so doing something like a $100 5* wouldn’t be too crazy. This is why I adore them, it’s fascinating how their able to pull it off.
    I don’t think you speak for kabam seeing as they said they want to make 6* and 5* much more accessible granted they have failed to do so
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Satesz said:

Why is important who he’s brought? You CAN NOT intercept thor rags! Period! Also applies for Rhino on that node! You just can’t! Also you can not heavy DH there, he’s gonna autoblock and wreck you in seconds. Probably these are the 3 worst defenders there.

Pizzabeat said:

I like it. The new nodes add variety, the Thanos boss is neat, and it’s challenging. I thoroughly enjoy what they’ve done with the competitive game modes. Hands down my favorite update. Cheers to everyone at Kabam you are all amazing people and you don’t get enough appreciation for this incredible game. 🍻

um the OP was talking about War, not AQ.
    Oops! lol sorry I misread that. I still stand by what I said. Aegis was fun and the overall design is neat.
    All I'm wanting to ask about that comment is... what exactly do you find fun about Aegis in a fight with a 3 minute timer? I could 100% understand the node in a normal questing setting with no time limit or anything, but in a 3 minute fight, you're likely taking half the time just to get the charges off, and some champs are just ridiculous and almost straight up impossible on those nodes (think Rhino for Aegis (Intercept)). So what is it exactly that makes Aegis enjoyable? I could somewhat understand it if the node rewarded you for overcoming its challenge, like if you got a 50% fury when you got the charges off, but yeah right now I personally am seeing it as just a time-waster node that makes it stupidly hard to beat these challenges, even with amazing amounts of skill.
    If I'm not being clear, I have no intent of being rude, and I am extremely sorry if I am coming across as such.
    I dont think hes played aegis yet lol
    Just because I haven't played it yet doesn't mean I am uninformed. I was planning on taking it on in GroudedWisdoms alliance but unfortunately, he kicked me an hour or so ago :(
    Goes back to my original comment about its hard to believe you are doing map 3 and in challenger tier but this may just be a parody account so not sure lol
    Tier 2 Aegis node. The guy itemed out.

Who did he bring for attack?
    he only has a 30%, you can use people who lower defensive accuracy to lower that more, such as domino, so yea, it matters who you brought.
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    its funny to see petty people arguing on stuff like this people cant like war but u are allowed to not like it? Stupid and immature logic, They aren't perfect but it does seem like they are kinda trying cut them some slack please

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

The f2p high tier players can grind more. Kabam has stated that they plan on upping the rewards sometime in the future. It’s my speculation that they didn’t increase rewards, but did increase difficulty to increase the value of items. So some alliances won’t be doing Map 5 and also will be doing worse in AW. These players will lose out on some glory, catalysts, and shards (from exploration). These players will then in theory spend to get the shards or catalysts. Kabam is aware that many of their offers are considered overpriced at this point in the game. Doing this will increase their value so doing something like a $100 5* wouldn’t be too crazy. This is why I adore them, it’s fascinating how their able to pull it off.
    I don’t think you speak for kabam seeing as they said they want to make 6* and 5* much more accessible granted they have failed to do so
    See? They increased availability by introducing Cavalier crystals and big offers for the whales. The only other way they have increased is in the bounty missions - which were ok, and the Atlantian riffs which also aren’t going to do much for the average player. In my opinion, Kabam knows what their doing and they have been so successful because of that. Staying silent on these AQ/AW issues are their strategy.
    They haven’t made 5* and 6* more available which they said they would and don’t say cavalier crystals because unless you whale out there’s a very low chance you’ll get anything good
  • MirageNoirMirageNoir Posts: 73
    Lormif said:

Satesz said:

Why is important who he’s brought? You CAN NOT intercept thor rags! Period! Also applies for Rhino on that node! You just can’t! Also you can not heavy DH there, he’s gonna autoblock and wreck you in seconds. Probably these are the 3 worst defenders there.

Pizzabeat said:

I like it. The new nodes add variety, the Thanos boss is neat, and it’s challenging. I thoroughly enjoy what they’ve done with the competitive game modes. Hands down my favorite update. Cheers to everyone at Kabam you are all amazing people and you don’t get enough appreciation for this incredible game. 🍻

Oops! lol sorry I misread that. I still stand by what I said. Aegis was fun and the overall design is neat.
    All I'm wanting to ask about that comment is... what exactly do you find fun about Aegis in a fight with a 3 minute timer? I could 100% understand the node in a normal questing setting with no time limit or anything, but in a 3 minute fight, you're likely taking half the time just to get the charges off, and some champs are just ridiculous and almost straight up impossible on those nodes (think Rhino for Aegis (Intercept)). So what is it exactly that makes Aegis enjoyable? I could somewhat understand it if the node rewarded you for overcoming its challenge, like if you got a 50% fury when you got the charges off, but yeah right now I personally am seeing it as just a time-waster node that makes it stupidly hard to beat these challenges, even with amazing amounts of skill.
    If I'm not being clear, I have no intent of being rude, and I am extremely sorry if I am coming across as such.
    Just because I haven't played it yet doesn't mean I am uninformed. I was planning on taking it on in GroudedWisdoms alliance but unfortunately, he kicked me an hour or so ago :(
    Goes back to my original comment about its hard to believe you are doing map 3 and in challenger tier but this may just be a parody account so not sure lol

he only has a 30%, you can use people who lower defensive accuracy to lower that more, such as domino, so yea, it matters who you brought.
    It’s not about that Domino might in 1 out of 10 fights work. It’s that even with her, against Rhino or Thor, you will die 9 out of 10 times. You might have great skills, doesn’t matter. Because nodes can be abused with champs that make it nearly impossible to walk past.

In former times any node was possible to beat with skills and bringing the right champs. Still might be difficult. But there was always a chance to clear that was not based on luck. People will still use potions. Peoples skills actually make a difference. This update right now has nothing to do with skills making a difference.

There are plenty of ways to make money with this game. Which is a great game with champs and mechanics. People spend like crazy ever since Cavalier crystals were introduced. But AW used to be the one part that was mainly driven by having the right champs and skills. And you were able to clear with minimal use of items. Those times are over as need for money has outweighed the possibility to clear certain paths based on pure skill.

Same with AQ by the way. Anybody who went on a CSWS path will tell you beautiful stories of item use or timing out 4-5 times each fight. It’s become ridiculous.

Lormif said:

Satesz said:

Pizzabeat said:

It’s not about that Domino might in 1 out of 10 fights work. It’s that even with her, against Rhino or Thor, you will die 9 out of 10 times. You might have great skills, doesn’t matter. Because nodes can be abused with champs that make it nearly impossible to walk past.

In former times any node was possible to beat with skills and bringing the right champs. Still might be difficult. But there was always a chance to clear that was not based on luck. People will still use potions. Peoples skills actually make a difference. This update right now has nothing to do with skills making a difference.

There are plenty of ways to make money with this game. Which is a great game with champs and mechanics. People spend like crazy ever since Cavalier crystals were introduced. But AW used to be the one part that was mainly driven by having the right champs and skills. And you were able to clear with minimal use of items. Those times are over as need for money has outweighed the possibility to clear certain paths based on pure skill.

Same with AQ by the way. Anybody who went on a CSWS path will tell you beautiful stories of item use or timing out 4-5 times each fight. It’s become ridiculous.
    Except you latched on to only domino, who should work more than 1 out of every 10, there is also emma who has been pointed out. you can still have the right champs and skill and beat these nodes, it just requires the right champs and skill...
    Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

See? They increased availability by introducing Cavalier crystals and big offers for the whales. The only other way they have increased is in the bounty missions - which were ok, and the Atlantian riffs which also aren’t going to do much for the average player. In my opinion, Kabam knows what their doing and they have been so successful because of that. Staying silent on these AQ/AW issues are their strategy.
    They haven’t made 5* and 6* more available which they said they would and don’t say cavalier crystals because unless you whale out there’s a very low chance you’ll get anything good
    depending on which cavs you get there is atleast 15%, but then again "low" is relative.
    Lormif said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

depending on which cavs you get there is atleast 15%, but then again "low" is relative.
    Yes that’s on featured ones right plus when I meant low I mean you also have to factor in chances are you’ll pull a horrible 5*

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

No, my point was that they haven’t made them more available. I said the only way they have is by whale crystals and offers. I mentioned the small amount of 6*s shards they have introduced i.e. Bounty missions to explain that Kabam is trying to make it look like they are making them more available when it reality it will come from more cash offers.
    Yes and that’s a bad thing

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

No, my point was that they haven’t made them more available. I said the only way they have is by whale crystals and offers. I mentioned the small amount of 6*s shards they have introduced i.e. Bounty missions to explain that Kabam is trying to make it look like they are making them more available when it reality it will come from more cash offers.
    That is more available, if you dont want to take advantage of it that is up to you. they have also sped up the drop rate for 6* shards dramatically. A few months ago you would generally on see them from uncollected and dupes, now they drop from almost every event.
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 885 ★★★★
    They said season 11 will have better rewards but they also will be bringing defender tactics in which will make AW even harder.
    Lormif said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

That is more available, if you dont want to take advantage of it that is up to you. they have also sped up the drop rate for 6* shards dramatically. A few months ago you would generally on see them from uncollected and dupes, now they drop from almost every event.
    That last statement is wrong get beyond belief im sorry but it is since cavalier the only guaranteed 6* shards we’ve gotten is from bounty missions and it wasn’t an insane amount of them last month or month and a half didn’t have any this month has some but up to the rng gods

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Yes and that’s a bad thing
    I can see why you would see it as a bad thing, but they are still a for profit company. Resorting to this must mean they aren’t making enough through the other offers and micro transactions. Either way I stand by their choice and I’m glad to see it had been successful. Time will tell if the increased difficulty shifts the meta
    I hope you realize that mcoc has been making so much money lately like through the roof so ye they didn’t need to make more money
    Kobster84 said:

Lormif said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

That last statement is wrong get beyond belief im sorry but it is since cavalier the only guaranteed 6* shards we’ve gotten is from bounty missions and it wasn’t an insane amount of them last month or month and a half didn’t have any this month has some but up to the rng gods
    umm I never said guaranteed. Something does not have to be guaranteed to be an increase. If you have a zero percent chance to get something and they then give you a 10% chance, then they have increased the availability. My last statement is spot on and they have done what they said they would do. At a minimum level yes, but still what they said.
    Lormif said:

Kobster84 said:

Lormif said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

umm I never said guaranteed. Something does not have to be guaranteed to be an increase. If you have a zero percent chance to get something and they then give you a 10% chance, then they have increased the availability. My last statement is spot on and they have done what they said they would do. At a minimum level yes, but still what they said.
    Well before cavalier we had frequent celebrity quests which gave 2k 6* shards so you could say they have decreased
    I’m hoping they bring back these events haven’t had one in a while
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Nothing wrong with war, yeah some nodes are tricky and difficult, but your not forced to play wars.

I hope if they remove the hard nodes then they don’t update rewards, as you can’t have both.

Can’t ask for easy wars and better rewards
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Look at his post history, he’s trolling, don’t feed it.
This discussion has been closed.