**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

V2 2.1 improved power gain path

StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
V2 2.1 improved power gain path. You know the path with all the most annoying champs like Hyperion and Havoc and stuff?
Why doesn't Void stop that power gain??? I have a 5/65 Void sig 200 and the auto power gain wouldn't stop at all even with fear of the void and more debuffs.
Any reason for that? I went through it with Doc Oc but why doesn't Void work there?

Comments

• Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Strategic said:

V2 2.1 improved power gain path. You know the path with all the most annoying champs like Hyperion and Havoc and stuff?
    Why doesn't Void stop that power gain??? I have a 5/65 Void sig 200 and the auto power gain wouldn't stop at all even with fear of the void and more debuffs.
    Any reason for that? I went through it with Doc Oc but why doesn't Void work there?

Improved Power Gain only affects passive power gain...which is why you see champs like Havok, Hyperion, and Strange (all with passive power gain) on this path.

Normally, their passive power gain is +100% power gain at whatever rate the champ description designates. So for Dr. Strange, he'll gain 1 bar of power passively each time his blessing changes. With the node, add another +100% to the rate. So now with 200% passive power gain rate, he'll gain 2 bars of power each time a blessing changes.

For Void, each petrify is -50% power gain. So the best you can do is 2 petrifies (-100% power gain) and Fear of the Void active (-100%) for a total of -200%.

So if Void has Fear of the Void and 1 petrify debuff, he's reducing power gain by 150%. Thanks to the node, the enemy has 200% passive power gain. The net result is the enemy still generates 50% passive power gain (half of normal speed).

Basically, using Void to his fullest potential, it is possible to stop the passive power gain, but you can't reverse it. Anything less than 2 petrifies and FOV and you're just slowing it down.

Here's a tip...don't sleep on Dr. Octopus. If you understand his mechanics, this path ends up power locking themselves the whole fight thanks to his research abilities.
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★

Strategic said:

Improved Power Gain only affects passive power gain...which is why you see champs like Havok, Hyperion, and Strange (all with passive power gain) on this path.

Normally, their passive power gain is +100% power gain at whatever rate the champ description designates. So for Dr. Strange, he'll gain 1 bar of power passively each time his blessing changes. With the node, add another +100% to the rate. So now with 200% passive power gain rate, he'll gain 2 bars of power each time a blessing changes.

For Void, each petrify is -50% power gain. So the best you can do is 2 petrifies (-100% power gain) and Fear of the Void active (-100%) for a total of -200%.

So if Void has Fear of the Void and 1 petrify debuff, he's reducing power gain by 150%. Thanks to the node, the enemy has 200% passive power gain. The net result is the enemy still generates 50% passive power gain (half of normal speed).

Basically, using Void to his fullest potential, it is possible to stop the passive power gain, but you can't reverse it. Anything less than 2 petrifies and FOV and you're just slowing it down.

Here's a tip...don't sleep on Dr. Octopus. If you understand his mechanics, this path ends up power locking themselves the whole fight thanks to his research abilities.
    Yeah I Doc Oc was the best there even unduped R3 5*. I had to use a few revives cause I messed up some parries which I don't usually do :/
    Most of the revives I wasted on that damn adaptoid boss that has 1000000000% evade chance!