**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Everybody agrees that Variant 2 was the best piece of content released by Kabam?

2»

Comments

• Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I feel like you could work around fights in V2 a lot more than V1. I felt like V1 was unfairly punishing and if you didn’t have certain champs there were nearly impossible fights. 15% buffet Korg comes to mind right off the top of my head and I will forever have PTSD of that fight because I didn’t have Void or Quake. When going through V2 there were a few paths that I had to restart, but at least I was able to reassess and bring in a champ that got it done. I wasn’t restricted in any way and it felt more fun, engaging, and rewarding to actually finish it. With V1 it didn’t feel rewarding when I shelled out uncountable revives against Korg and finished it. I just basically wanted to flip off my phone for 10 minutes shouting thank god I don’t have to suffer that again.
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 741 ★★★★
    Domino: heavy heavy heavy
    Regen node - Void: heavy heavy, wait for petrify to melt them, l1 once or twice
    Poison node - Hyperion: heavy, heavy, l3
    Conclusion: most boring and unspiring content in a long time, except for the Maze.
    At least V2 has great rewards.
    V1 was awesome. Kidding, it was hard as hell and luckly i had a void for ch3 but still made me scream.
    V1 made me feel something. V2 is meh, let's just get these rewards and hope for a mutant ag.
  • Options
    Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★

And here I am with no XL 5*s or good enough 4*s. Variant 2 is very hard if you haven't been blessed with these.

Any champ that uses heavies doesn’t need to be xl... lots used domino... Cap IW... I used archangel for a lot... parry heavy repeat.. tons of easy fights. There’s options, gotta get creative sometimes.
  • Options
    Blue_Eyed_ThingBlue_Eyed_Thing Posts: 128
    I agree best content turned out in a long time.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    It was a great content because it was challenging with some unique modes but kept counters open so you couldn’t just a minuscule amount of champ to get through it without blowing through revives.

Content should be challenging but offer different approaches to solving. Not gate behind rng to pull one of 3 champs in game at the proper rarity to allow you to use.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Midnite93 said:

so if I choose to do variant in the future... so do 2 first or 1?

depends, 2 will be easier so I would say 2.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    You can bring whomever you want, but global node restricts use of not XL champs. Had a lot of fun there with my r4 hulk with rag Thor and Heimdall synergies (Heimdall was a 3* btw), mostly used rulk 6* r2 and r4 hype for backup. Guess it's the only place atm where Hulk is what he should be, prolonged furies are nice. I'd wish his below 25% fury was permanent and could be stacked if you cross the 25% line again